AYPsite.org Forum
 Gurus, Sages and Higher Beings
 Fear And Love For The Guru
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2013 :  12:06:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Namaste dear friends...

I was wondering if anyone has reached a point where they are afraid to talk to their teachers... Or be afraid from spiritual practices...

I've noticed a pattern within my own person... Where every time I talk to my beloved guide... Things really turn messy in my personal life... The same with spiritual practices but in a lighter way... So I decided to take a break from it all for a week and a half... Interacting with the master and meditating and praying that is... In those week and a half... It was like life opened up it's arms for me and invitations came from everywhere and I had a blast of a time... Until today where my love for my teacher whom I am afraid to talk to was much stronger than being afraid and I spoke with him even though I knew I might burn because of it... It was a very beautiful interaction and my beloved guide was so sweet as usual... But sadly I've got burnt bad... But I didn't care I love him... I still love him and will talk with him again and again... But I am really afraid to do so... Don't know if anyone has went through something like this...

Unfortunately the same happened with me after meeting Amma and sheikh Belgacem... The meeting was amazing but the after effects flipped my life upside down and made my personal life pure misery...

Is this something normal or am I just hallucinating about all this.... It would be nice to hear about other experiences... Especially from people with a long relation with a living guide...

Love,
Ananda

JosephUK

United Kingdom
212 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2013 :  2:21:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey,

i can resonate with you on that. i have met my guru once and i shook his hand which sent a lightening bolt straight through my karma which resulted in me going to hospital for 4 months.

best to let the teaching of the highest gurus rest with us a while before returning. you'll know when he calls you.

:)
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2013 :  2:26:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ananda,

If you think of it terms of meditation (and overload), the presence and "light" of a guru/master is like being blasted with a laser beam. Issues/fears/karma are "hit" and potentially released at a much higher level. When a "fear" is hit with light/energy, if it is not fully released, energy at that level is radiated into your environment.

An example is like with anger... Seeing something makes you mad, then one takes out their frustration on someone else and it goes on and on... With the light/power of a guru/master it can cause manifestation in life( or laser beam overload).

Best wishes, Jeff

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2013 :  2:37:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for sharing dear Joseph... Seems like it's like this for many...

I've just asked him to meet today... He replied that it will happen in due time... I feel like I am at the feet of love itself while thinking about him and writing this... He is so beautiful... Just seeing his face is bliss!

No matter how much the pain a word from him is worth it...
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2013 :  2:43:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for sharing dear Jeff... We cross posted
Go to Top of Page

whippoorwill

USA
450 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2013 :  10:57:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ananda! People chase the beautiful spiritual experiences, but if life goes to hell all around us while we're having them, what's the point of the experience? What is truly desired in that situation?

All love!
--Liz
Go to Top of Page

_shakti_

Canada
48 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2013 :  2:46:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What about when the scenario is flipped.. and the guru.. who you love the way a disciple should.. falls in love with you. In a deeply personal way. And because you love the guru as a disciple, you don't want to lose the connection or teachings, but at the same time.. you don't want to encourage anything inappropriate. What then? Hoping someone can relate..
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2013 :  4:06:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Funny this topic should open at this right exact moment... I am going through this thing again... It's the same dilemma unfortunately... Either I am really not cut out for this kind of thing or life is telling me stay away from this guy. Enough! I'll surrender it to God/Samyama and let go for now...

As per you reply dear Shakti... It depends from one guru to another... He or she might be honest in his feelings or approach or he/she would be taking advantage of the position as a guru... I don't think anyone has the right to decide what to do in the case which you are proposing except you. It's your own play... The same goes for me also... But it's comforting to hear advise from others... But at the end it all comes down to us... As the Buddha says: You have to walk your own path, no one can walk it for you.

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2013 :  4:12:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Jeff,

Reading back your post again makes me realize... This is exactly what's happening... You are right dead on...

@whippoorwill: Your words ring wisdom now... Too bad I don't learn but from my own mistakes... But honestly I've learned... I don't live the drama more than a day or two now when the sh*t hits the fan... Tired of hurting myself.

Much love to all Thanks again for the wise insights
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2013 :  9:53:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ananda,

Glad you found the post helpful.

Best wishes,
Jeff
Go to Top of Page

_shakti_

Canada
48 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2013 :  2:06:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Ananda.. if it is issues that are being cleared out from the intense light of the guru.. are you able to reach an even more beautiful space/state after said issues are dealt with? Or, is there always a sort of lingering 'bad' feel when/after you are associated with him? As you had said to me, only you can know what to do about the situation..

As for my scenario, I am no longer able to be his student, which hurts.. a lot. His wife found proof of his less than guru-like feelings toward me, and their marriage almost ended because of it. She insisted that he cut off all contact with me. I never wanted any of this to happen, I just wanted to learn from him. But, I guess the true lesson here is to real-ize that.. 'the guru is in you' :)

It still hurts though, and I feel like I can't talk to anyone about it. Both because the ones who may understand are students of his and I don't want to open a big can of worms, and the ones who aren't.. wouldn't come close to understanding. That's why I brought it here, not to hijack your thread. It just seemed similar enough to tag on.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2013 :  3:54:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear shakti,

Coming from a certain mode of mentality.. I treat others the way I'd like them to treat me. Put yourself in place of his wife.

Gurus are beautiful and warm from afar... very similar to the sun but up close and personal it burns.

Yogani wasn't fooling around when he said the guru is in you. It is from one hand and on the other a guru should teach you to be dependent of him.

If a person is not ripe or mature enough... He might abuse his post as a teacher or fall somewhere on the way because of the many temptations. Never mention the bad effect he might cause knowingly or unknowingly to some of his students. I am such a failure as a teacher...

Dear one, tread the path with less drama and pain.

love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

_shakti_

Canada
48 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2013 :  12:03:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
'I treat others the way I'd like them to treat me.'- As do I.

'Put yourself in place of his wife.'- I did, and my conscience is perfectly clear. I did nothing wrong. Nor did he really, just admit what his feelings for me were. He is a human after all. And it had very human ramifications too.

'Gurus are beautiful and warm from afar... very similar to the sun but up close and personal it burns.'- I hid from it initially.. but I'm still grateful for the experience, as it taught me the light was really just a reflection :)

Go to Top of Page

_shakti_

Canada
48 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2013 :  12:24:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I should also mention that I now have a different perception on the statement 'the guru is in you'. I used to take it to mean your own inner voice/soul/spirit as guru and guide.. not necessarily to the absolute exclusion of outer teachings, just that the inner is the final arbiter- which I still get behind. But from my experience with my guru, I now see that the energetic connection that had been awakened by him will always be there, regardless of the form. It's in the background of everything now, alive in me.. and I am eternally grateful for that.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2013 :  02:47:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear shakti,

All that you are saying is beautiful. I have the same connection with my own teacher as well.

namaste
Go to Top of Page

Namath

350 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2013 :  04:47:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"I am no longer able to be his student, which hurts.. a lot"

Be his teacher then

"His wife found proof of his less than guru-like feelings toward me, and their marriage almost ended because of it. She insisted that he cut off all contact with me. I never wanted any of this to happen, I just wanted to learn from him. But, I guess the true lesson here is to real-ize that.. 'the guru is in you' :)
"

Dear Shakti, why feeling bad?If he's your guru he's yourself.Ofcourse you wll love him beyond any definition of love.

If I marry a man who has a role of guru in this life,I shall be able to understand his role.I can sympathize with the wife but not understand her stand at all.

I expect my teacher Yacin's future wife to have a bigger loving heart than him One day & knows I'm not leaving him

All Love.
Go to Top of Page

_shakti_

Canada
48 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2013 :  08:52:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Ananda

quote:
Originally posted by Namath

Be his teacher then
Lol.. kinda hard when there's no contact, but I get your drift :)

quote:
Dear Shakti, why feeling bad?If he's your guru he's yourself.Ofcourse you wll love him beyond any definition of love.

If I marry a man who has a role of guru in this life,I shall be able to understand his role.I can sympathize with the wife but not understand her stand at all.

I expect my teacher Yacin's future wife to have a bigger loving heart than him One day & knows I'm not leaving him

All Love.

I guess it's the abruptness that hurts, and I somehow feel abandoned. Plus, it cuts me off from the other students, and I love them like family. The sadness will dissipate I'm sure though, since I still feel *him* with me.. and know that I always will. No one can take that away.

Thanks for understanding, but not everyone has such a large and unconditional view of love and relationships.

Go to Top of Page

Namath

350 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2013 :  10:34:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A kiss and a hug for you.

May Allah replace you with a bigger family(ies). I have a family here in AYP,one in india Tiru & one with Yacin by now

& May you find that big wider heart that makes you forget all the previous sadness & then gently turn you back to your Self.

Go to Top of Page

Anima

484 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2013 :  8:06:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Ananda

Dear shakti,

Coming from a certain mode of mentality.. I treat others the way I'd like them to treat me. Put yourself in place of his wife.

Gurus are beautiful and warm from afar... very similar to the sun but up close and personal it burns.

Yogani wasn't fooling around when he said the guru is in you. It is from one hand and on the other a guru should teach you to be dependent of him.

If a person is not ripe or mature enough... He might abuse his post as a teacher or fall somewhere on the way because of the many temptations. Never mention the bad effect he might cause knowingly or unknowingly to some of his students. I am such a failure as a teacher...

love,
Ananda

Dear Ananda,

I may see what you mean. It is as with sun and sky; they are great to live under, but we cannot take them all in. Maybe one day we will see no difference.

I often feel like an ocean without a shore. Whoever sails in is at its mercy. The sea can be a cruel mistress, but the depth of its mystery is immeasurable. We can taste but a drop of its liquid. We can see but a glimmer of its ripples. Each is enough to drown most.

Whatever I was must have done so long ago. Maybe it is the same with other teachers... How easy it is to raise the waves.

Sorry if this is cryptic. Thank you for sharing with us.
Go to Top of Page

Namath

350 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2013 :  12:04:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Shakti!
Yacin has posted a beautiful post that answers this...I feel you will like.
Someone has volunteered to translate it to english.once this is done ,will share it with everyone around here Inshallah.

Love.

Edited by - Namath on Aug 26 2013 02:04:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

Namath

350 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2013 :  02:16:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Interaction between men and women of the path followers has always been a sensitive, step stumbling topic, especially today with the limitless digital connection, the contact area increased, the severity of the test increased, and within the progress opportunities increased...
I will talk to everyone now as sane matures..
Today everyone knows that the energy in its first manifestation in the human body is the sexual energy, and that this energy is almost the number one engine of life in all its forms in this level of existence..
My message is clear, addressed specifically for men owners of the Yang energy... because the Yin does not move unless it is carried by Yang pulled by Yang..Like so Tao taught us existence...like so we witnessed it and knew it..My message for men first: Fear Allah within your sisters, and your sisters’ hearts..My message for women : Fear Allah within the world, it is the whole world under your orders..For a man to go and send a private message to one of the sisters...containing a nice message, without prior knowledge of each other..the issue may apparently be so normal..But what is important for me is the motive...What is important to me is consciousness...were you aware when you were messaging...were you really messaging to deliver a specific meaning...for information, for a reminder...? For a luminous benefit..? Or were you rushing to the feminine energy?.. Because of suppressed sexual desire..that you did not fulfill..so then you start spreading that energy of yours..Through emotional cries distributed here and there? Did you send your message while you are conscious that you are taking advantage of the counterparty to bring out your energy? Something in one of its aspects is closer to masturbation!
Perhaps my words seemed out of the context.. but I assure you that my words are deeply studied, with an experience with selves ..and that I had struggled with myself for some time before I advice others and I am expert of it... Just to show you the truth of the matter...check yourself when you are sexually satisfied...do you still have that desire to bounce between girls’ windows? And when you are sexually satisfied with your partner...do you share the intoxicant spiritual words with women?
I wanted to remind you my brothers specially the poor fasteners with the poor slave..I do not want to criminalize you.. It's a slap to raise awareness..My master, to this day, and he is an aged man, may Allah hallows his virtuous secret, never meets his poor women in a retreat without the presence of one of his daughters or his wife..
And the poor slave to this day I shorten my answers to my sisters who are fastening with us..even though I own the reins of myself, I fear for the heart of that luminous essence that I attach it to a pink illusion.. Women are more soft-hearted than us men, and more tending to attach…Do not deceive her and use her emotionally..For a night..Because that heart is much more precious than that..
My brothers: Presence..Silence..Honesty
And Though my words today have a reason..but these things happens daily..as long as that attraction between the positive and negative continuous...

Gratitude for those who reminded me to bring the subject up.

Source : http://www.facebook.com/#!/yacinAln...ation=stream
Author :Yacin Nour
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2013 :  02:18:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Anima Deorum

quote:

Dear shakti,

love,
Ananda

Dear Ananda,

I may see what you mean. It is as with sun and sky; they are great to live under, but we cannot take them all in. Maybe one day we will see no difference.

I often feel like an ocean without a shore. Whoever sails in is at its mercy. The sea can be a cruel mistress, but the depth of its mystery is immeasurable. We can taste but a drop of its liquid. We can see but a glimmer of its ripples. Each is enough to drown most.

Whatever I was must have done so long ago. Maybe it is the same with other teachers... How easy it is to raise the waves.

Sorry if this is cryptic. Thank you for sharing with us.

Nope, it's beautiful

I would usually say drown me or burn me... But I can't say so to someone in the flesh anymore... I've found them incapable of providing what I seek and long for. I've struggled and endured many times over the years walking in the muds and through the pain and suffering... But I've really had my fill... No matter what any teacher says... Most of us enter this path to make our lives better and to be more happy... Instead we end up suffering... I am learning more and more that the basic teachings are what matters... Enjoy your present moment... Let your worries be thrown unto God... What can someone like me offer God or Truth... I am weak, I am nothing... I need it's help... Not the other way around...

My search has made me crazy yet sane at the same time... My life is lingering between these two states nowadays... Between mysticism and the material world... Being rational yet non rational at the same time.

Peace
Go to Top of Page

Anima

484 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2013 :  12:17:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Nope, it's beautiful

I would usually say drown me or burn me... But I can't say so to someone in the flesh anymore... I've found them incapable of providing what I seek and long for. I've struggled and endured many times over the years walking in the muds and through the pain and suffering... But I've really had my fill... No matter what any teacher says... Most of us enter this path to make our lives better and to be more happy... Instead we end up suffering... I am learning more and more that the basic teachings are what matters... Enjoy your present moment... Let your worries be thrown unto God... What can someone like me offer God or Truth... I am weak, I am nothing... I need it's help... Not the other way around...

My search has made me crazy yet sane at the same time... My life is lingering between these two states nowadays... Between mysticism and the material world... Being rational yet non rational at the same time.

Peace

I am the same way. There is no me. But when I think there is, he is unkind: so strongly so that he is beyond help. The only thing he needs is himself, which is not real.

My everyday experience is largely mystical. I never saw that coming! I have read of vivek, or choosing between the divine and mundane worlds. To me, there is no "choice," but only a natural progression. I have no goal or agenda; it just is. And it is wonderful.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000