Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Remote Shaktipat Transmission
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

growing

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2013 :  10:55:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi Everyone

I'm new to this forum and meditation practices. I have mediated for around six months now and have been considering a Shaktipat Traansmission & was wondering if someone could help me please ?

I have spoken to a Yogi and advised that I am nowhere near ready for any full Kundalini rising but would like to receive remote Shaktipat as i undertsand this is suble way of receiving divine energy, but the thing is i'm so aprehensive about it now, I was wondering if anyone on here has recevied remote Shaktipat after only being a meditator for a short time. I have advised the Yogi of my current state of mind and have been honest about my fears etc and he has agreed that the Shaktipat can be done. Is there such a thing as a subtle level of energy transmission though Shaktipat as opposed to a full blown K Rising ?

Your experiences would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2013 :  4:23:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Growing!

Welcome!

Your question is addressed in Lesson 146, where Yogani writes:

"It is important to see shaktipat and the traditional guru-disciple relationship in the light of these changing times. We are no longer wholly dependent on individual sages and teachers for our enlightenment. We are all becoming spiritually self-sufficient. We are all becoming capable of generating our own spiritual transformation. The best way to become enlightened is by doing daily yoga practices."
http://www.aypsite.org/146.html

Bewell
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2013 :  01:33:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What Bewell said, above. Also, when shaktipat is transmitted from a "guru" to a student - whether in person or remotely - there are basically 2 considerations to keep in mind. One, its effect will be temporary unless the student was ready at that moment to really DO something with it, i.e. already firmly established in the daily practice and able to handle the energy. But if that is the case, if the student was really ready at that moment, the energy would be attracted from somewhere regardless. Secondly, if it does "work" and has a tremendous and lasting beneficial effect, this can have the unfortunate result of making the student feel dependent upon the guru and looking for enlightenment outside of oneself. If the effect is good but temporary, the student may feel let-down and continue seeking more such "jump starts" from external sources. Consistent daily practice is preferable.
Go to Top of Page

growing

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2013 :  07:44:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Both

Thank you for your replies and sorry that I did not sign in sooner to reply.

The link you posted has been extremely beneficial to me - thank you. This site has a wonderful amount of information available to those who need answers.
I understand the importance of self practice and have been meditating one hour per day and have encountered some wonderful experiences & life lessons ! With regards to the shaktipat, I feel I was guided by a dream a couple of months ago whereby i received a spiritual force of light through my hand from an unfamiliar person. At the time of this dream I was not aware of what a remote shakti transmission was & have only just come to learn about it through a spiritual lesson I listened to (i really am a beginner)! The bizarre thing is that, once remote shaktipat was explained to me in the lesson, I immediately recalled this dream I had a few months back, almost as if it was guidance. Up until that point I thought i had forgotten about the dream. Perhaps I am supposed to receive this transmission as part of my growth but my fear holds me back and that goes for everything in my life...........working on it though!!!.
Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2013 :  12:39:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
:) nice expereince with dream shaktipath.So the guru need not be physical person the guru can come in dream and can guide...I go with radharani and others here for shaktipath will happen automatically if one is ready ie to say when the student is ready Master will appear indeed for sure!

Eternal love n Light
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2013 :  2:47:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Growing :)

It is time to grow for you in experience and insight to know by yourself if this all is good or not. For that reason go and take the shaktipath if it offered to you, why not :)

The experiene here is, shaktipath is happening all the time. Shakti has different frquency spectrums, this whole universe is vibrating stillness and shakti is shaktiing itself 24/7. Another word for shaktipath is leela, the play of silence.

The reason for the existence of that specific word is, this kind of vibratory transmission has the ultimate intention for you to see your eternal nature, so it has the tendency to decrease karmic imprints and increase the possiblitiy for your body-mind to become more and more still.

A full blown arousal of shakti through shaktipath does not happen by accident, nor by speculation if this would be good or not etc. shakti is intelligent beyond measure and understanding and every increasement of the speed and fequency of lifeforce happens with and through this intelligence.

If it happens by your own practice, or by someone in whom shakti is more active or by both, all will be helpful and good for you. The experience maybe too much or not enough =P but you will see and learn.

In a good case, the shaktipah will dissolve part of your stubborn karma permanently and inspire you to practice and make it a continuous process. In most online transmission cases, to my experience you will feel not much + you will even feel more by your own intention to feel something etc. :)

There are some really nice masters who transmit the fullspectrum of what can be transmitted by just watching them on YouTube. This body-mind here had really beautiful and inspiring experiences through watching e.g. Ramana, Papaji, Madhukar, Nithyananda, Prajnananda, Maitreya Ishwara and Gurunath. Later visiting some of them in person did show the same flavor and fragrance of pranic output as it was experienced through Youtube :) Some transmission also happens just by reading quotes fom some masters or thinking about them.

Shaktipath sounds nice as a word, but is happening all the time, and even through you people envolved with you are shaktipathed even if you are unconscious of this process. The results of daily practice transform the body-mind into a 24/7 shakti and shivapather =)

Perhaps you can differ between conscious and random pranic output of that body-mind, the one more focused and with intention surely has greater effects, the second is happening 24/7 and has its peak the first minutes and hours after a practice session (growing steadily in reach and intensity over the months and years).

You are also shaktipathed by all your friends, family etc. The intensity, quality and degree of vibratory exchange is just different. The fragrance of joy and bliss is different :) If it has these qualities, that body-mind may perhaps practice at home or knows how to value eternity 24/7 :)

Happy trying out and seeing what is true and good for you :)
Go to Top of Page

growing

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2013 :  06:51:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow thanks for the info, I thought i had researched shkati in depth but obviously not I'm still considering but i must say i cannot get that dream out of my head and the thought of receiving shakti will not leave me alone for some reason. If i get any more dreams about it i suppose i will know it's time
Go to Top of Page

rajp

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2014 :  10:42:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Holy

Thanks for the info that you tube videos can give shakthipath transmission
Go to Top of Page

Amman

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2014 :  12:15:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think what is mentioned about Youtube is also true for different masters in different mediums. If you read the words of a master you can get their energy as well. It depends on the master as some are more focused on words and so you can more easily experience their energy in that way. For me Sri Aurobindo's words are very powerful. Before I realized this I used to always wonder why I felt like I was meditating when I was reading his words. After I visited his samadhi and felt the same energy there I finally put it together. I think this is one of the reasons it's good to read spiritual books and stories there is some energy transfer there as well. Also the same is true for looking at the picture of various deities, saints and sages. If you just stare at their picture for some time it will have an effect on you.

In terms of becoming dependent on a guru. If the guru is a good one they should help you to think on your own and be independent of them as well. As they are taking care of you, if you have a guru you should be able to think of your guru, look at their picture and receive their energy as well. I think if you should focus more on whether you feel good with the guru rather on the shaktipat. Make sure you research the gurus as much as you can. I don't want to name any names but of the ones mentioned at least one has been in a scandal. So be aware and be ok with that before going to deep.
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2014 :  09:14:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Last Year, my friend in England was preparing to attend a 2-hour talk of Ekhart Tolle. 2 days prior to the event, she began to feel his energy presence. The incredible experience continued 3 or 4 days after the event and eventually faded. Sometimes when she listens to his recordings, she gets similar sensations.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000