Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Continuous flow in perineum. Help.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

majorerror321

India
2 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2013 :  12:22:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi, I'm new here.
I've been practicing for some 3-4 months now & recently a strong flow-like sensation has started in my perineum. It started about a week ago during pranayam. I thought I'd ejaculated & I checked- nothing. In the next 10 minutes I must've checked around 50 times; every time sure that I'd ejaculated, & everytime wrong.
I was excited from then on thinking this progress. I tried sucking it up, pulling in my belly completely & a cold fluid filled my lower abdomen. It was intensely pleasurable.
But the feeling is always there now, even outside of my practices. While travelling etc. I'm constantly uncomfortable. It's like I'm holding in an ejaculation all the time. & then it feels like a constant ejaculation with even a feeling of wetness on my thighs & my balls are always buzzing as if at work & are always just-a-little-less-cool-than-cold.
I can't sleep at night properly, I have to get up in the middle of the night to do pranayam to try to calm the energy.
On the third night it flowed out of me during sleep. So I stopped pranayam, yoni mudra kumbhaka, yoni chin pumps & even Siddasana & have started focusing almost entirely on Sirsasana & meditation. So the feeling subsided to some extent.

Yesterday I resumed Siddhasana & pranayam & again I had nocturnal emissions- twice! without having any sexual thoughts or dreams.
It's not painful physically but it's bothering me a lot to lose my energy like this. What is this & what should I do?
(I walk barefoot quite a lot & do Sirsasana 3-4 times a day.)
Thank you.

Edited by - majorerror321 on Mar 24 2013 12:25:28 AM

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2013 :  11:18:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello sensitive person who is currently going by "majorerror."

In my humble opinion as a man from the US who has gone through experiences like yours, and has come out on the other side happier than ever expected, I would like to tell you that you have made no major error. Please realize that this is a phase and it will pass. If possible, i recommend doing what I did, take time apart from work and usual social life to be in solitude and be present to the changes your body is going through. It is like a second adolescence, but this one, over time, through practices like you are doing, leads to an inner sensuality that is suffused with pure bliss consciousness. Be patient, be loving, enjoy the process, be merciful with yourself, even if there are some tears along the way.

Be
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2013 :  11:57:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi majorerror321:

Bewell offers some good perspective on your situation. I would add that you have not committed a "major error." You have only gotten a bit ahead of yourself, and some self-pacing is in order.

For someone practicing only 3-4 months, you have taken on years worth of energy practices that are in AYP, and some that are not, like Sirasana (headstand). It is the classic error of doing too much too soon, and you have the result of that, which can be inconvenient.

It is not the end of the world. Live and learn. It is suggested to honor the process you are going through, and self-pace enough to bring down the volume to a comfortable level, so to speak. Maybe that would mean deep meditation only, preceded by a light set of asanas (without add-ons) and light spinal breathing. Leave the rest of the energy practices until you are satisfied that you have found balance. There is not much point in overstimulating kundalini if the subtle channels have not been suitably purified and opened to accommodate the flow. That's why it is going up, bouncing off obstructions, and then going down and out.

You can fix this. Just recognize the situation for what it is and make adjustments in your practices and grounding activity accordingly. If you wish to continue with aggressive energy practices, that could work too, but it will be a bumpier ride for sure. Your choice.

Keep in mind that when you add a new practice, it is wise to be sure the practice is stable in terms of causes and effects before adding another practice. For each practice added this could take weeks, months, or even years in some cases. Let your experience be your guide each step along the way. Reality will seldom conform to our expectations. So it is suggested to deal with what is actually happening and take it one step at a time. It is a much faster path than repeatedly overdoing and having to go through recovery periods.

Let us know how it goes. Practice wisely, and enjoy!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

majorerror321

India
2 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2013 :  03:56:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for your help. I've been doing just meditation ,preceded by some asanas (including sirsasana), for 3-4 days now . Seems I was distracted by pranayam & wasn't meditating with sufficient focus.
I keep my awareness at my plexus during meditation now. Although that perineum flow is not always active now, I do feel it rising up to the plexus during meditation, but I pay no attention to it & it's fine; pleasant in fact. I avoid flexing my pelvic muscles or pulling in my abdomen anytime because it sets the energy flowing instantly. I guess it'll become dormant again in a few days.
Let's see where it goes.
Thank you once again.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000