Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Heat in the lower back
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sunyata

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2013 :  8:52:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi,

Today within few minutes of starting deep meditation, I felt heat rise from my lower back. I got scared and stopped my meditation. I haven't started spinal breathing because I get headaches when I do pranayam. I've been doing 20 minutes twice daily meditation. The heat is still lingering right now. What should I do and what is this symptom?

Thanks,
Sunyata

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2013 :  01:45:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Sunyata
this is a classical kundalini symptom...have you read lesson 69?
http://www.aypsite.org/69.html
as it is said in this lesson ..even the smoothest kundalini awakening brings with it many symptoms...
there are 3 scenearios
1.if such symptoms happen only during sitting practices then do not self pace
2.if the symptoms are happening outside your sitting practices and they are mild no need to cut back your practices
3.if the symptoms are disturbing you physically and or psychilogically during your daily life ....then we self pace

fear does not help...in fact fear makes the kundalini symptoms worse....so instead of letting the fear control you . know that you will be alright for the following reason: you have an important tool called self pacing and you can use it whenever you feel you need to....your inner guru will tell you when to cut down on practices

concerning pranayama...did you try SBP and it also gave you headache?

what kinds of pranayam you did and gave you headache?

TGIIY

Edited by - maheswari on Mar 09 2013 01:51:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2013 :  12:10:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for your response dear Maheshwari . I read the lesson. Thankfully, the heat went away the next day.

Regarding pranayam- I started with spinal breathing. That gave me headaches and then switched to alternate nostril breathing. In the beginning alternate nostril breathing was awesome but then again the headaches started. After reading lesson 69, I've decided to give spinal breathing another try. Looks like spinal breathing is the way to stabilize and ensure everything goes smoothly. I’ve started doing 2 minutes, so far so good.

With that said, I have a question on spinal breathing. I cannot trace the root to third eye clearly. It’s much easier on the way up than way down. Even on the way up, my focus is on the root and then on the third eye right away. I’m unable to trace the spinal column. I’m stuck trying to do it right.

Love,
Sunyata
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2013 :  12:43:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sunyata
2 min of SBP is good...stick to them for few weeks at least then see how things evolve...maybe you will add few minutes and maybe not....all is good
as for visualizing the spine..it is not a must to visualize it in a detailed way...most practitioners cant (including myself) ...the point is to stick to the technique ie moving yr attention back and forth between perineum and center of eyebrows...this is clearly explained in lesson 44
http://www.aypsite.org/44.html

Edited by - maheswari on Mar 09 2013 12:44:42 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000