Enlightenment Milestones
 who is acting?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2013 :  2:33:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
there is a yoga class that i have been teaching since 2010....for several reasons i m obliged to give pranayama first then asanas...that is why i only give them relaxation pranayama (kapalabathi and analoma veloma) and avoid giving them any kundalini awakening pranayama like SBP
so for many years i give them kapalabathi then analoma veloma...in that order
there is a regular student that does not like analoma veloma....she does the entire class expect this pranayama
on tuesday i started giving the class...this student had not showed up yet....unintentionally i started with analoma veloma instead of kapalabathi....i did not realize what i was doing at all....then this student who does not like analoma viloma showed up at the exact moment when analome veloma ended and i was about to give kapalabathi
all this time i have not realized yet that i reversed the usual order of pranayama...
so this student told me: that is so sweet...you started with analoma veloma and now i am here right on time to do kapalbathi

only then i realized that indeed i have the reversed the usual order of those 2 pranayama exercises....had not the student spoken those words i would have carried on without noticing it at all
this event really surprised me....as the student was saying those words to me i was totally speechless...and it even took some time to realize that i have reversed the order unintentionally ....what the heck, who is really doing/acting?

Edited by - maheswari on Feb 20 2013 2:35:20 PM

Goodway

USA
99 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2013 :  3:03:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Uh. You do realize the universe is divine, no?
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2013 :  9:46:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
that is wonderful, Maha!
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2013 :  10:52:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Similar things happened at a center I attended. One of us would be leading the warm-up, or do our own, and inevitably our teacher would be surprised that we were choosing that exact set, because it is what he wanted to do that exact session. Often, I'd end up (over)doing a posture twice with no break in-between as a result of this, which was good training.

Other subtle things like that would also occur, and it would often take an outside observer (ex. the teacher) to notice them. A group atmosphere is surely tangible, even for those less sensitive or under-sensitive; it just takes careful observation to see it.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2013 :  8:42:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Things like that happen often to me too. I ordered a tuna sandwich for lunch today. Shortly after, I changed my mind. I realized the place was run by Jewish people, and wished I had ordered the corned beef; more of a Jewish food. Not one minute later, the waitress came by and said "We can't find the tuna; would you like corned beef?"
Ha ha. It was delicious.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2013 :  02:13:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thank you all for yr replies
@ Etherfish : hahaha...nice
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000