Yoga and Relationships
 Kundalini in parents and children
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mykal K

Germany
267 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2013 :  09:40:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mykal K's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello,
One question for the more experienced.
Both me and my wife are practicing AYP, and since we are not so very young (around 30), in a few years there is a possibility that we would like to have children.
The question is: Do you think it is better to have children before or after K awakening?
Or does it make no difference?
I would really like to hear your experience on the matter...Are there any pregnancy issues, does it take too long to become accustomed to K for pregnancy to be safe (if it is unsafe in the first place)?

Edited by - Mykal K on Jan 29 2013 05:04:33 AM

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2013 :  10:03:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Mykal,

It doesn't make any difference if you awaken kundalini before or after having children. There are no pregnancy issues with regards to awakened kundalini.

Once kundalini is awakened your children will benefit from it through the natural ecstatic radiance that awakened people emit. Being so close to you, they will pick up on it very easily.

One advantage to having an awakened kundalini before giving birth is that women who are awakened to the point of experiencing whole body ecstasy can have fully ecstatic births. But it can take a while to reach that stage, so if you want to have children, I would do it, and let kundalini do it's thing when it is ready.

Oh, and you can do yoga with your kids, which is fantastic.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2013 :  3:19:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
that is a very interesting topic!
in case the mother is enlightened or an advanced yogi, does the fetus feel it? will the fetus be a calm baby not a fussy one?
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2013 :  3:52:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Maheswari,

Yes, the fetus will feel it, and be born with an awakened kundalini. There are basically three ways to awaken kundalini:

1. Through spiritual practices
2. Through receiving shaktipat
3. Through being born to awakened parents.

As to whether it will be a calm or fussy baby, I have no idea.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2013 :  4:15:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thank you Christi for yr reply
lucky babies!
i am sure the fetus had made spiritual practices in previous lives that why the fetus is born in an enlightened family...it is mentioned in the Gita
Go to Top of Page

Mykal K

Germany
267 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2013 :  05:22:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mykal K's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for your replies,
I guess what I wanted to ask was, if lets say one parent was ready for k, but the other isn't, can/will k cause problems then? And, what if both of them in the beginning aren't ready?
Will there be transfer of k energy from one parent to another? Will not that energy possibly create too much strain for the other parent (or both) , leaving him/her unable to work, or running around half mad at times? And I guess the emotional impact will be there for the child (or not?), but I am worried about k part as well.
I am asking because of some experience I had in the past/present, although I do not know if it is k related.
Sorry for bad English. I am a bit rusty.

Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2013 :  4:02:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Mykal,

A safe and effective yoga practice will awaken kundalini in a manner that is not painful and will not put you in a position where you cannot work. It also will only awaken kundalini when you are ready for it. That means that your body will already be purified to the point where you are able to handle the energies involved. The transfer of energy from one person to another is an advanced event, and not something that happens in the early stages. By that point you will know how to handle the energies so that you will not be harming anybody else (awakening them too early or too fast).

So at the end of the day it is all about effective practice, which boils down to knowledge. the knowledge is all here on this website, so if you are interested, begin at the beginning of the main lessons (lesson 10) and work your way through. You can go at your own pace and there is no need to take on anything that you do not feel ready for.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2013 :  11:53:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Mykal,

In my experience sometimes practices need to be paced for the sake of our kids and other family members. I wrote a topic about it here: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....PIC_ID=11083 The topic is almost 1 year old now but I have had to pace my practices ever since then. My practices are now at a stable level for the whole family at 2 or 5 practices per week (I practice every day that I work and I work 5 days one week and 2 days the next) with 5min SPB and 15-20min of DM and everyone is recovered and back to normal again. But if I overdo practices, even just one practice, the whole family pays. My daughters get very emotional and will not sleep, my wife has a very hard time dealing with life and will start to shut down, and even my dogs get over-energized and testy.

This is not something I have heard of many others having to deal with but I know of at least a few people who do. In general it seems that those with sensitive family members have to be more careful than others. My wife for example has never been able to meditate with the I AM mantra... she's always had to use the breath since the mantra has her overloaded right away. And both my daughters are very sensitive to energy as they were born with awakened kundalini and any increase in energy that is not 100% balanced has them experiencing negative side effects.

So, I would say that every case is individual, but that it is possible to have challenges if one person has an awakened kundalini and the rest of the family is energy sensitive.

Lots of Love,
Carson

Go to Top of Page

Medea

Netherlands
115 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2013 :  12:55:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Carson,

How did you find out both of your daughters where born with an awakened kundalini?
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2013 :  2:39:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Medea,

I know my kidlets have awaked kundalini because my older daughter gave me shaktipat in a dream before she was born, I've had a couple of alternative healers tell me, I can visually see/feel it, and I took Christi's word for it.

quote:
Originally posted by Christi

Yes, the fetus will feel it, and be born with an awakened kundalini. There are basically three ways to awaken kundalini:

3. Through being born to awakened parents.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2013 :  3:05:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
very sweet Carson...
Go to Top of Page

yoguy

Switzerland
9 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2013 :  09:38:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
From the little I know it is possible to know for certain if Kundalini has risen. It is even possible to know if prana started entering into shushumna and pratyahara has started.

Laying down on the back, feet on the floor, knees up, one sticks one (middle) or three fingers (middle, index and ring)in the navel on an exhale until the spine is reached. All this in the morning before any food is taken.

People in the know can then tell you where are you on the path.

My teachers have done it twice to me, but they are not of the kind that give out too much details about

It is even said that after Kundalini awakening one should not sense the beat in the navel.

The only thing I can feel is how much the pulse has changed since I started practicing. It becomes stronger and stronger.

Any one has more details on this?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000