Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 AYP books - best ones to start with?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Yogaman

USA
295 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2013 :  03:04:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Recently discovered the site and enjoying it very much. I am interested in purchasing some AYP books and a bit confused about which to start with.

Is the Easy Lessons book one that contains all the other smaller books? The titles Deep, Spinal & Eight Limbs seem to be the most relevant to me at this stage. Would those be ideal to get started?

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2013 :  08:44:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the AYP forums Yogaman!

The AYP Easy Lessons for Ecstatic Living books (Vol 1 and 2) contain the information from the main lessons and Tantra lessons.
There is additional material in the books. Depending on if you like reading on a screen or as a book... you can start reading the online lessons or get the books.

The smaller books have a lot more information in them and I would recommend starting with the Deep Meditation and then the Spinal breathing books and then getting the rest in whatever sequence interest you.

PS: My personal favorite is Samyama!
Go to Top of Page

Yogaman

USA
295 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2013 :  12:27:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the welcome and the advice Shanti! That is exactly what I was wondering. I've been steadily reading the lessons so I think I am going to start with the detail books. There are some bundles that look like they will cover my needs for the near future. Thanks again!
Go to Top of Page

Yogaman

USA
295 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2013 :  12:36:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Just to follow up, I ended up getting the AYP Practice Routine Start-up eBooks & AudioBooks ( 3 Volumes ) set: Deep Meditation; Spinal Breathing Pranayama; Asanas, Mudras and Bandhas. I found these to be an excellent introduction for a novice like myself. Straightforward, easy to understand, and gives you a full understanding of the basic info.

Highly recommended for anyone else looking for a way to get started with AYP.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000