Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 yellow star
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Omsat

Belgium
267 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2013 :  1:32:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message

Hi everyone,

Today I had a little vision; thought of sharing and hear if anyone can tell me more about it. :)

This morning, as I woke up I did deep (not spinal) breathing while still lying in bed. Then I gazed through the window enjoying seeing light particles (the sun had already risen). As I moved my gaze towards the ceiling - my eyes slightly raised towards ajna chakra - there appeared to be a slightly vague yellow circle of light particles on the white ceiling. As I focused, the colour became more pronounced: clear bright sunlike shining yellow. Then the shape changed from a vague circle to a well formed circle and finally to a beautiful shiny star.

Anyone had a similar experience? Or would like to share something about yellow star visions?

Thanks for reading and commenting :)

Omsat

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2013 :  1:38:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Sounds beautiful!!!!
I am sure others will chime in with their experience on this.

Here is a piece from Yogani's lesson on this:
http://www.aypsite.org/92.html

On seeing the star, it is a natural outcome of purifying the sushumna (spinal nerve) and opening the third eye. It was mentioned in the lesson on yoni mudra kumbhaka that the attention will sooner or later be drawn out beyond the point between the eyebrows. This is an extension of the sushumna beyond the body. At the end of the sushumna are the infinite realms of bright white light. They are seen as a bright star in the beginning. The colors ringed around the star are the inside of the sushumna. You are looking out from the inside, so you are seeing the inside of the sushumna in your body, and the end of the sushumna off in the distance, which is the star. You are looking through the tunnel of the sushumna, seeing "the light at the end of the tunnel," as they say. Inside the tunnel, we are literally a rainbow of light, beginning with dark red at the bottom and ending with blue and violet at the top. You have heard the expression, "She has a heart of gold." Well, we all have hearts of gold. We just need some housecleaning to see it. That is the outer ring you are seeing.
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2013 :  1:56:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome Omsat,
sounds a lot like Yoni Mudra and Golden ring? topic. Mornings right after waking seem to be most favorable when paired with yoni mudra kumbhaka, at least for me. It does change, at times being bright golden/white and round or more rough and nearly star-like, and it has its own after-image. Some approaches to yoga suggest it is seen best in evening, but I have found the exact opposite to be true.
Go to Top of Page

Omsat

Belgium
267 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2013 :  2:16:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for your replies Shanti and AumNaturel!

Shanti, thank you for the link. I remember having read the lesson quite a while ago but somehow it slipped from my mind now, perhaps because I did not make a connection to YMK (Yoni Mudra).

AumNaturel, very interesting to read your experience.
I'm not sure if my experience is the one described in the link. I have practiced YMK a couple of months ago for a limited time (I stopped after observing "symptoms" that might have been due to over practicing).
This vision today did not occur after performing YMK. I should mention that my eyes were open (though only lightly). It felt as though I was literally seeing the star with my eyes.
Is your vision an inner sight?

Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2013 :  3:29:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Omsat: eyes are kept closed during YMK and all the rest of the sitting practices, but first time it happened I was worried it would be 'burning' my retina from its luminosity. It is an inner sight since I don't think the image moves when moving the eyes, but its after-image does get affected. Perception works in a two-way street between the senses and different parts of the brain, so this effect isn't surprising in some ways. Not to imply 'it's all in the brain' (since even the brain needs to be witnessed to exist, as commonly asserted), just pointing out the complications in trying to isolate super-sensory perceptions from those 'ordinary.'
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2013 :  8:45:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Lesson #92 is really premium =)
Go to Top of Page

Omsat

Belgium
267 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2013 :  10:04:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Thank you for adding that subtlety to the explanation, AumNaturel.

@Holy:
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000