Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 SBP question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

joao.jlgoncalves

Portugal
50 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2013 :  09:34:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all!
my question is simple: does SBP also releases obstructions like DM does, or it only develops the conductivity of our nervous system? I ask this because in my routine (10min-SBP 20min-DM twice a day), I have the sensation that SBP is more effective (including in the removal of obstructions) than DM; perhaps i am not doing correctly DM? I donĀ“t know, someone else here has the same sensation?

Thanks in advance.

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2013 :  09:41:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
They both work toward purifying the nervous system but in different ways.

Yogani explains it here:
http://www.aypsite.org/43.html

Meditation and pranayama are distinctly different practices with distinctly different purposes. Meditation instills in us the silence of pure bliss consciousness. Pranayama loosens the subtle nerves and stimulates the flow of prana in particular ways. This provides pure bliss consciousness the opportunity to flow dynamically in the nervous system. This is experienced first as the ever-increasing expansion of ecstasy, and later as the rise of universal, blissful self-awareness. Pranayama is on the edge of meditation, but it is not meditation. Meditation is on the edge of pranayama, but it is not pranayama. You might say that they both come from opposite sides to the edge of the subtle boundary that exists between pure bliss consciousness and prana everywhere in us. By doing pranayama and meditation in succession we are dissolving the boundary from both sides. It is a double whammy. This is the great benefit of doing both practices.

So keep going... even if you feel like one is working better than the other.. it is not necessarily true as each one is working at different levels to give an overall purification and opening.
Go to Top of Page

joao.jlgoncalves

Portugal
50 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2013 :  10:01:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Shanti,thank you, for your rapid and helpful clarification and advice.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000