Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Side affect that almost stopped my practice.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mahabaratara

United Kingdom
92 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2013 :  4:07:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit mahabaratara's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi there everyone wish everybody a happy and healthy 2013.

I whilst in deep meditation of the mantra, am experiencing a phenomenon that is to say the least very very disconcerting.

My head is pulled back very violently and rapidly without any conscious intent on my part.This is accompanied by a very crack as it stops.This immediately brings me out of my meditation and quite rightly scares me a little.

What is this? My guess now after many weeks and contemplation and reading other experiences that it is Kundalini/Shakti doing her thing.But today I also thought it maybe the beginnings of my Kechari awakening.

Can anybody help? Although it concerns me,it will no longer hold me back.

Thanks Maha

Edited by - AYPforum on Jan 19 2013 4:36:05 PM

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2013 :  9:50:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Maha. Happy and blessed 2013

Is there any pain? If so, I'd suggest cutting back on practice time to see if it clears up.

If not, it could just be your body (and/or kundalini) releasing something. That would be my guess. I get automatic movements during sitting practices, and it's usually corrective in some way: stretching, releasing tension, correcting my posture, opening/unblocking places in the body, etc.

That sort of thing is natural and will lose its scariness at some point.

Namaste

cosmic

Go to Top of Page

apatride

New Caledonia
94 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2013 :  11:55:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit apatride's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi maha. I'm a novice in DM but I have already some automatic movements as well. Body bending forward, head bending on right or left side or falling abruptly, brows fast contracting 4 or 5 times in a row, eyes rolling upward... Nothing violent like your experience, though. I guess it gives you mixed fear and excitement. You may be over sensitive to meditation. Maybe you should self-pace for a few days, see where it goes. I'm sure it will decrease in intensity by the time the current obstruction is purified.

Have a good practice
Go to Top of Page

KundaliniTherapist

United Kingdom
26 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2013 :  5:09:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit KundaliniTherapist's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Maha
many people get these automatic movements at some stage in their practice. Some people get attached to them and want more and more of them because they see it as something that makes them special. Others get afraid.

My advice is this: whatever happens - you need to be the boss. That means you need to be in control and able to stop these movement. You don't have to stop them but you should be able to if you wish to.

If you let these things happen and you do not have control they may start to control you and then you are potentially in trouble. You do not want to be under the sway of some uncontrollable power that has you in its grip. You should always aim to be able to be in control yourself.

So, I would try to learn to control these head jerks and if you can control them then you can decide to let them happen or not depending whether you find them helpful/releasing or liberating in some way.

Hope this makes sense to you.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000