Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Feeling like a mountain
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

apatride

New Caledonia
94 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2013 :  06:02:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit apatride's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Tonight during my DM session, toward the end, I had that deep feeling that my body was weighting heavier and heavier, like a density feeling pervading my whole body.

At the same time, it was like I was bending over myself, being reduced to a little spot.

At the same time, it was like a layer of myself was peeled of my back, and I was going a bit outside of myself, from which I could observe me meditating.

The more I favored the mantra, the deeper that feeling went.

I don't know if it's a common phenomenon. Could not find anything about that on the forum ou throughout the lessons.

Just wanted to share :)

All the best everybody

Edited by - apatride on Jan 19 2013 06:04:34 AM

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2013 :  06:19:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Sounds beautiful!

I had something like this happen to me once few years ago. Well at that point, I was kinda hoping it would happen again, and expected it and waited for it... ha! Once the mind had built it's expectations around it, chances of experiencing it again are slim. Oh well... it was a good lesson for me.

I am very happy for you/with you that DM is working out well for you.
Thank you for sharing with us.
Much love!
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2013 :  5:03:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for sharing apatride

Sounds nice.

Enjoy practices.

Go to Top of Page

Nathan

47 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2013 :  2:20:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nathan's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've experienced this a number of times during meditation, but infrequently, and during different kinds of meditation. It's a feeling of solidity or density, which is a nice feeling.

I came across this years ago while skimming a Sri Aurobindo book; and I think this might describe it:

"The experience of this "solid block" feeling indicates the descent of a solid strength and peace into the external being - but into the vital-physical most. It is this always that is the foundation, the sure basis into which all else (Ananda, light, knowledge, Bhakti) can descend in the future and stand on it or play safely..."
Go to Top of Page

apatride

New Caledonia
94 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2013 :  11:54:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit apatride's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That's it Nathan. Thanks for quoting Sri Aurobindo.
Btw, thanks to all of you for your kind answers
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000