Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 What's the point, so few people being enlightened!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

NJL

31 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2013 :  1:11:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Wolfgang

quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

quote:
Originally posted by Wolfgang

Hi Ether,

sorry to bump into this discussion,

quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish
That's not my experience. I find the sensory world and nature to be quite satisfactory, and I find no need to search beyond it.

I too find it quite satisfactory . But I am really surprised that
you find no need to search beyond it. Myself I have a strong
longing to search in it and beyond it. Isn't the soul beyond Nature
and aren't you searching for God ?

regards
Wolfgang

No need to be sorry; you are welcome to bump into any discussion!
I search to explore; not looking "for" anything- just fascinated at everything. I like to change things in my world just to see what happens.
Not searching for God, no, he is always with me.
I don't understand "Isn't the soul beyond nature."?

Well, with "nature" I am referring to the physical world
and searching for the soul or for God is searching beyond the physical world.
But as you are not searching, my question is kind of pointless.
For me, searching is a longing to be 24H7D in union with god,
and as long as I am not there, I am still searching ...

My understanding is that it is like the carrot and the stick.

The carrot is bhakti, our inner desire that spontaneously arises and will take us where we must go if we follow it.

The sticks are the shortcomings of the sensual world, sickness, disease, heartbreak, death, all those things that are the other side of the dualistic coin that we consider unsatisfactory or negative. They push us to go beyond the sensual world precisely because it cannot fulfill all of our basic needs.

Suffering comes from not having our needs met, be they physical needs like a baby needing the contact of its parents, or emotional needs, etc. This, in fact, is where my understanding differs from the Buddhist model, which as I understand it says that suffering is our attachment to things and not simply pain. However, multitudes of people suffer greatly in the present because they did not have their needs met in the past.

Suffering is a fact of life, driving us deeper so that we may resolve our suffering and find our path and discover ourselves. We cannot eliminate suffering from life as it is now, because there is suffering in nature too. It is a necessary part of duality because, along with bhakti, it is what which pushes us forward beyond the horizon that we currently see.
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2013 :  11:56:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
John, Welcome to AYP! I know you will find great support and encouragement here in the wonderful AYP sangha. Many of us have had similar experiences along the way and it is always nice to be in good company.

I agree with most of what was already commented by others, above. I sympathize with your discouragement because I remember going through that, too. It is part of the process, as Maheswari and Vijikr said. But as for Krishnamurti saying "nobody got it" that is because there is nothing to get and nobody to get it - per the advaita view. Which is all well and good but not very helpful.

If we are seeking "enlightenment" for the purpose of avoiding suffering, then we are attached to not suffering. It is useful at first as a motivation to practice yoga, but ultimately must be let go of as well. Also, the purpose of yoga is not to eliminate the ego. The ego still exists, but the liberated soul does not identify with the ego, although he/she is able to function as ego in this world. Life goes on; pain and unpleasantness still occur, but the difference is that we do not have to take things personally, knowing that we are only playing a role, Consciousness manifesting as this little self in the drama of life.

It happens a little differently for all of us. What happened for me was after around 35 years of serious yoga practice, with the highs and lows that you have described over the years, suddenly my reality shifted and I knew I was Free. I spent about the next 9 months in a state of absolute Bliss, with essentially no ego consciousness and not a care in the world.

Then a series of extremely difficult circumstances happened (involving deaths in the family, financial disasters, etc.) which required my full attention, and I stepped back into the ego to deal with it all. The magnitude and duration of disasters has been so great that had it occurred prior to the awakening, I would most likely have committed suicide. As it is, I do feel the pain but the underlying Bliss is always there, and it's more like I am an actor in a sad or scary movie. The difficult circumstances have brought an incredible amount of purification, burning up every last shred of attachment/karma; while unpleasant, it is perfect for my continued liberation while I remain in this body.

Life is no longer a burden, as it was previously. By far the most significant change is the constant awareness of the presence of God; God is right here, closer than my own heartbeat, every moment! Since That is what I always wanted, everything else is secondary. The ups and downs of life simply flow by like waves; sometimes big scary waves, but always the deep blissful silence underneath, the ecstasy of divine union.

At all stages of the journey, yoga practice is what keeps our consciousness anchored in the Deep despite the passing storms on the surface. If your discouragement encourages your yoga practice, then that is a good thing! But I recommend doing your practice NOT as if, "I must do this so that someday I will become enlightened!" Rather, do your yoga practice for the enjoyment of the enlightenment which is already your Natural State, because technically Krishnamurti was right - there's nowhere to get to.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2013 :  02:05:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
very nice post dearest Radharani
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2013 :  11:18:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks, my dearest Maha!
Go to Top of Page

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2013 :  09:00:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi John

"What's the point, so few people being enlightened!"

Maybe that point right there is reason enough for you to practise Yoga.

On any endeavour, probably more-so with Yoga, is that you will have ups and downs. I can get spells (like a period now) where I think what's the point of doing this; I have to self pace to the point of no practice - I'm going no where. But I just put that down to purification and realise this needs to be fixed - so I keep practising what I can manage.

Right now I feel like you do, but it's just a bump in the road - I've been there before (a few times). It's funny, practises can put you in a bad spot, but you need them to get you out to somewhere better. And they will .
Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2013 :  2:11:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Great post radharani I really loved it and infact I reread it again and again.
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2013 :  6:54:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by vijikr

Great post radharani I really loved it and infact I reread it again and again.

thanks, Vijikr! glad you enjoyed it.
Go to Top of Page

faileforever

USA
190 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2013 :  8:03:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, beautifully said Radharani! Way to embrace life, whatever it may bring.
Go to Top of Page

beetsmyth

USA
104 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2013 :  9:29:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit beetsmyth's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
HEy John,
Based on your post, your still wrapped up in mind and body identity. The kundalini effects you've added to more of an identity ....whereas now your identifying with "now I feel discouraged" I this, I that, and so on.

This "I" you speak of is a sham, an illusion. Kundalini can be a trap and another attachment along the way.

Who is this "I" that is identifying with all these things?
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2013 :  10:16:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by faileforever

Wow, beautifully said Radharani! Way to embrace life, whatever it may bring.

thanks so much! I share in the hope that my story will encourage others.
Go to Top of Page

johnwinner

Canada
7 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2013 :  4:00:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have been practicing the ayp routine almost daily since my post. It helps. I still have a lot of physical pain but nothing I cannot manage. It will pass. Those last years the pain went from lower abdomen to thorax to neck. I see some logic here, good news is that there is only the head left!

Reading your comments I see that the words and concepts are very limited when talking about the spiritual subject. This is why I won't comment much, It's too complicated and I feel that It will just goes into an argumentation game. The encouragement and success stories are very appreciated though, especially your post Radharani!
Thanks a lot everyone!
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2013 :  6:34:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by johnwinner

I have been practicing the ayp routine almost daily since my post. It helps. I still have a lot of physical pain but nothing I cannot manage. It will pass. Those last years the pain went from lower abdomen to thorax to neck. I see some logic here, good news is that there is only the head left!

Reading your comments I see that the words and concepts are very limited when talking about the spiritual subject. This is why I won't comment much, It's too complicated and I feel that It will just goes into an argumentation game. The encouragement and success stories are very appreciated though, especially your post Radharani!
Thanks a lot everyone!

I'm so glad to hear your AYP routine is helping! Sounds like everything is working its way out/up... Please keep us posted.
Go to Top of Page

SecondSight

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2013 :  5:50:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
New Member Here...

Just felt like chirping in and give my different perspective on the topic at hand.

In Orthodox Christianity the common view is that one is not saved in one day persay, but the salvation (could be enlightment) takes place gradually. Practicing patience and not being in a hurry for things to happen is a virtue and a spiritual gift. When you recieve this gift, which I know you most certainly will, since you are on the path as I am, you will have a deeper understanding.
Anyway, who's really in a hurry?! I am grateful to have experienced what little bliss (JOY) consciousness so far. I know that the journey at hand is all about foremost doing the deep meditation and prayanama (sounds like prayer no?! Could be our daily bread) religiously (every day amen): going inside to the inner temple of Christ's sanctity.

Sincerely, SecondSight

PS. Thank you Yogani for accepting all religions, all creeds,all agnostics, all atheists, all sexual identities in our group. It is very refreshing.
Go to Top of Page

NJL

31 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2013 :  10:57:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Boom! Radharani, thank you for the amazing post!
Go to Top of Page

Goodway

USA
99 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2013 :  10:29:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
After a 17 year burn, at age 40, I am free. I would suggest inner virtue to any person dealing with Kundalini that wants to become successful. :) I am extremely pleased with life, now. The change is quite massive. I'm still relating to an extremely complex consciousness, but I am so thrilled to be in the "taming," so to speak.

Edited by - Goodway on Feb 15 2013 11:21:20 PM
Go to Top of Page

Nyardream

USA
22 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2013 :  2:50:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Whenever you feel discouraged, know that the feeling will change soon enough. Of course, it's much easier to keep that in mind when you're not discouraged. But true, nonetheless :)
Go to Top of Page

schtroumpsolis

Canada
24 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2013 :  10:02:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit schtroumpsolis's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Enlightment come as we embrace the univers. Accepting the link betwen ourself and the rest that exist around us.
So few get enlightment because the inner guard is up. Few get their guard down ,even fewer keep it down. The processus is difficult to live. ....not always wonderfull and smooth . Im 53 now ,in my teen i had the telepathy gift. All who dont have it say its great. The contrary is more like it .all thought and emotions from every body .....its teet grinding to say the least. EnLightment is telepathy power 100 . If you can stand to be run over by the galaxy!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000