Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Four months of Ayp, energy started to rise
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mykal K

Germany
267 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2013 :  04:52:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mykal K's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone,

First thanks to Yogani, and to all of you that share your experiences here.

My background in my own style of meditation - 10 years, yoga 4 years.

After nothing much happening for the four months or so since I started AYP, on some impulse I tried tantra solo excercises, and have been raising energies for this last two weeks. And it was nice . However, this night, my dream recollection started with SBP, altogether five breaths after which I woke up. With the first breath (that I remember), energy went up my spine, and with the next two went to my crown. Both on the bottom of the spine and in my crown, feeling was a bit to the right side, wasn't symmetrical. When it came to the crown, it became ecstatic, till then was on the painful side, but not much, just a little. With the fourth and the fifth breath, I was more conscious and was able to remember not to go to the crown, so I went to ajna. After that, I woke up, and feeling was to continue, although I was a bit affraid not to overdo, since this energy is new to me. I did lightly SBP after, but only lightly and for less than ten times. At that time it was lightly ecstatic feeling that lasted for quite some time. Didn't watch the time since it was dead in the evening and I just wanted to sleep.

Now, this path up the spine is really up the spine, while doing tantra I was raising energy more to the front of the body up to the heart. I guess that in AYP you should go through the spine. I don't know yet if I can do that, so is it bad if I continue raising it up front? Also, should I self pace, how often can I raise energy through tantra? How much of SBP and DM do you reccomend? I was doing about 10 min of SBP(with mulabandha & sambhavi) and 4 kumbhakas, and 20 min of DM with one round of samyama before experiencing energy this morning.

My sadhana in general before this last two weeks was:
Morning yoga
Midday SBP and DM
Evening Kung fu

Any advice that you can give me is greatly appreciated, since I am new to this energy business. Maybe I am just jumping the gun, since it is new for me. Any info on how this unfolds later is also something that would help me, since I do not know if this will speed up now, or I have time before something starts happening.

Thank you for your time, greetings from Croatia.

Edited by - AYPforum on Jan 17 2013 11:20:58 PM

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2013 :  10:38:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Mykal K
I don't know yet if I can do that, so is it bad if I continue raising it up front? Also, should I self pace, how often can I raise energy through tantra? How much of SBP and DM do you reccomend? [...] Any info on how this unfolds later is also something that would help me

Welcome Mykal K to the AYP Forums!
I wouldn't know about encouraging an alternate route or not, but the lessons suggest to do SBP up and down the spine itself. Otherwise, it can get into micromanagement of symptoms rather than moving forward, at least in the approach used here. It is also stated that the front path unfolds on its own much later, as part of a greater neurobiology. You'll find more on that in the writings.

Raising energy through some form of tantra is something you can experiment with to see how it works for you personally. From my experience, I'd suggest to do it gradually, and see the results over time (weeks and months). For me, after too much tantra or brahmacharya, it would give me a sense of energy and coherence that is impressive and valuable, but followed by a phase of recovery with lower energy. I've tried the latter practice as much as possible, combined with over-working at my studies, and the result was very bad psychologically, with a long recovery phase. It really depends on your body, and where you are at with the sitting practices. Those mostly determine what your threshold with tantra is, and the lessons mention this very principle.

SPB normally is 5-10 min, but depending on how your routine is set up, it can be more aggressive with around 20 min, paired always with DM afterwards, also around 20 min. Your chosen time is definitely right on.

I don't know how your exact energy symptoms will unfold, and I haven't experienced any myself, but for those reasons it is recommended to use a routine that's consistent and moderate, so you can cut back or move forward without having large setbacks.

Will stop there, and give others a chance to add more input if needed. Wish you good luck with your sadhana!
Go to Top of Page

Mykal K

Germany
267 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2013 :  2:22:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mykal K's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for your welcome AumNaturel,
I am getting used to this slowly... I have practiced tantra through the spinal column without difficulty, and will continue that way. I just wasn't aware I guess of not doing it right when I started with tantra practice. That, and when I tried later I wasn't able to do it that way...till now.
Hope things will go on smoothly enough now.

I will heed your advice,

MK
Go to Top of Page

Mykal K

Germany
267 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2013 :  06:13:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mykal K's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I just found on the forum a post from Yogani:

"The discussion on "front and back" in spinal breathing does not originate in yoga and is not mentioned in the AYP writings either, except when Taoist approaches are being considered.

It has been mentioned that spinal breathing like presented in AYP is "up and down the back." This is not true. The spinal nerve is more in the center of the body than in the back, and in the throat area it is right behind the back of the throat and esophagus (gullet). As ecstatic energy awakens and expands, it is found to be even more in the middle, and less following the physical anatomy of the spine, passing through the entire region of the throat instead. That is what happens as the spinal nerve awakens -- it expands from the center to become a large column of energy, eventually reaching far beyond the body itself. That is ecstatic radiance.

So all this up the back and down the front discussion does not resonate much with the yogic view, particularly as kundalini advances and covers a much broader swath through the body -- becoming one thing, not two things. Spinal breathing follows suit in this, working more or less from the center, and the front and back stuff is dissolved in it. From the yogic point of view, the front and back stuff was never there much in the first place and, in fact, drawing the distinction in mind and practices could become an obstacle to the natural expansion of the internal energies, much the way hanging on to a specific mantra pronounciation can become an obstacle to deep meditation. Spinal breathing works between the two poles of root and brow, and can be much less defined in-between as the energies evolve. In that situation, there is no front or back.

Which is not to say that the front channel symptoms are not real. Certainly they are. But I am not sure the answer will be found in continuing to define and manage the energies in front and back categories. As we know, attempts to categorize and manage the details of internal energy flows can lead to more problems than solutions. A more holistic approach may yield better fruit. A middle way? "

Anyway, it would seem that I was practising ok the first time (when I said that I did it more to the front of the body, I meant more to the front than the back channel) , and will do it that way again.
Hope I didn't cause confusion before.
Also, maybe this post could be moved under "Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related"? Don't know how to do it so maybe forum moderator could chip in?
Thanks
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2013 :  11:20:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000