Building a Daily Practice with Self-Pacing
 Ready to progress from 10min DM/1x day
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jack

United Kingdom
305 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2012 :  7:16:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jack's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi,

Due to previous issues with overloads, conflicting lifestyle, etc. I stopped all meditation practice, then picked up again with a simple ten minutes of Deep Meditation each morning, preceded by a couple of asanas to wake my sleepy body up, then followed by 15 minutes rest.

I do not often access much stillness.

To be fair, I have recently quit smoking and masturbation so that may contribute to that.

Now that I have eliminated some of these habits for a couple of weeks, and I seem relatively stable in my practice (though lacking perhaps in depth of experience), I feel ready to add to my practice..

This is where contributions are welcome.

Perhaps I could introduce a second sitting in the evening of ten minutes? See how that goes for a month or two?

Or perhaps five minutes SBP before the DM, but keep to once a day.

My one misgiving is that I feel the need to be more centred in my body. Perhaps I should reserve the evening for a more grounding practice, (ten points practice/earth breathing, aka. Dharma Ocean)

Oh I really don't know. My body is very tense, especially neck and belly.. rigid!

Suggestions welcome!

Jack

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2012 :  01:53:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Jack,

Well done. It takes bhakti not to give up. I would recommend you add ten minutes DM of evening practice. I find DM to be more gentle than SB (but note that is a personal thing) - so hopefully it will not trigger overload but will help you establish yourself firmly in the twice daily sittings.

Good luck

Sey
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000