AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Overactive base affecting other chakras
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

chuggroni

6 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2006 :  12:46:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit chuggroni's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
The last month or so I've been bothered by intense burning on and off throughout the day around the muladhara. When the heat is most intense, I can feel the energy ranging from the testes all the way back to the anus flowing kind of haphazardly. During these times, my attempts to raise the energy into the second chakra is very easily done, but it's a very unpleasant sensation that bears no resemblance to the experience I have raising the energy when the muladhara is not so haphazard and active.

All the chakras opened together feel like they all have the same level of energy in them, but when I raise it with an overactive muladhara, the other chakras are still active but they're horribly overshadowed by the heat in my base. I've looked into mulabhanda and wondered if the reason the muladhara affects the other chakras so badly when its overactive is because its not centered and unified in the proper position in the perenium? Any insights would be great.

Thanks all, it's a wonderful forum.

lucidinterval1

USA
193 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2006 :  07:06:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Chuggroni,

Is it possible that you have weakened your ojas through sexual activity? Preserving your seed should help the energy move upward instead of dissipating. I would suggest that you keep your mind on things that help you remain in your higher chakras. Things like reading scriptures etc..Also, try and keep your diet as pure as possible. As always, self pacing with practices will smooth out difficulties in time.

With Peace,
Paul
Go to Top of Page

chuggroni

6 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2006 :  8:51:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit chuggroni's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I praticed Buddhism/meditation for many years, but the awakening of kundalini was more of an accident whilst smoking cannabis. The awakening was entirley in the sexual organs without any prior experience in the muladhara and the symptoms occured as soon as I became aware of other energy centers. Would it be feasible to think that the constant activity there is just the development that usually is neccesary before activating any of the other chakras?
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2006 :  11:05:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Chuggroni,

Once your inner energies awaken, activity can take place anywhere and doesn't necessarily go in sequence from bottom to top. I initially felt most of the activity in the chakras too, but over time from practicing daily pranayama and meditation, the energy (for me at least) became concentrated in the sushumna.

Not sure what you are doing in the way of practices, but I highly recommend going through Yogani's main lessons particularly the ones on pranayama and meditation so that you can maximize the spiritual unfolding that seems to already have begun for you. They are powerful and highly effective.

See these lessons for starters:

http://www.aypsite.org/13.html

http://www.aypsite.org/41.html

Good luck,

A
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2006 :  11:04:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Very strong suggestion that you practice AYP-style spinal breathing. There are free lessons on it in this site (see "main lessons" link, above), or I'd recommend you spring for the book written entirely on the subject (see "ayp books" link, above).

This will help ensure that the energy follows the proper route and also help untrap it. The energy is very strong and needs to be coaxed up the right pathway (shushumna), and it sounds like that pathway needs to be firmly established. Spinal breathing helps, and it also helps to distribute the energy. Note that AYP doesn't delve into or worry about chakras. Not to say they're ignored or not believed in, just that we let the practices open the chakras spontaneously, without our focusing on that process.

If you do choose to follow the AYP method of spinal breathing, it's real important that you drop all other breathing, meditation, and energy practices you've been doing (at least for a while, so long as you're doing the AYP method), and also do AYP style meditation.

Edited by - Jim and His Karma on Jun 22 2006 11:04:51 AM
Go to Top of Page

chuggroni

6 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2006 :  7:13:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit chuggroni's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

I've been reading around the last couple of days and came upon something that looked like it related to my situation.

"Ideally over one's lifetime there should be a slow and steady stimulation, encouraging the movement of energy to the sushuma from the ida and pingala pathways. The expression of Kundalini energy through the ida and pingala subtle nerve pathways results in a life chasing desires - elation and disappointments. This is normal, and following a spiritual path will not suddenly result in the end of such experiences! Spiritual practices, over a period of time (years, decades, lifetimes) gradually trains the kundalini energy to take the sushumna route. As this happens, a person is no longer attracted so much towards physical pleasures, and the ego starts to diminish. Eventually this leads to Self-Realisation and God-Rrealisation. It is stressed that this is a gradual process and it cannot be rushed. You are meant to explore life through the ida and pingala, and then there is an in-built mechanism which will cause these desires to diminish and active the Kundalini-sushumna pathway. Forcing Kundalini energy to rise without properly activating the sushumna just results in an over-active person dissipating energy through the lower chakras."

Sounds like because my awakening was so premature and complete without many other practices to guide it, the build-up of energy doesn't know how to rise through the sushumna so it releases it... which is what is so painful to me.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000