Gurus, Sages and Higher Beings
 Expereince at Arunachala
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2012 :  01:04:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi,

I am back from vacation to india and it was pleasant trip.
I went to Arunachala and this time my experience in virupaksha cave was good.I sat and meditated for 15minutes and then I heard 3 or 4 times Om sound..as soon as I heard that sound I was not meditating I was thinking hey did I hear sound of om or not and then I heard honking of buses outside and then I dismissed it as honking sound.

As soon as I started doubting or thinking what that was I coudn't meditate so I got up to have look outside the cave and then come again for meditation. When I went outside one lady was reading something and after she read she gave me that to read.

It was about virupaksha cave as this cave was used by one saint virupaksha.I don't remember if he is the one who came from karnakata to arunachala to this cave.I guess its him only.Once while he was meditating he had lot of devotees around him and he told them today everyone leave pls you can come and see me tomorrow. When the devotees came the next day they saw there was no saint but in his place were burnt ashes. It's said he has burnt his body into ahses during meditation and left the body. And this cave was built in such a way that one could hear Om sound..when I read that some energy like thing ran through my body..and I felt good that after all it wasn't honking but the sound of Om itself.

Once this thought was cleared I could go and meditate much deeper.

Thanks for hearing this story.

Love N Light
Gayatri shiva

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2012 :  02:19:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank u for sharing dear viji :-) i've missed the moutain myself. My experience within the cave was deep silence.

I am sure i am going to visit the mountain again someday.

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2012 :  05:16:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Ananda,

You are welcome.Its said arunachala is inside within you and I am sure one day when you see the arunchala you can see the fire blazing mountain.

I tried to meet shiva shakti ammayar but I was late as she is available only in the morning time just for 15minutes. I hope to meet here next time.

If you got any other persons to be met in arunachala please do let me know..thanks Ananda and my Pranams to you and all.

Love N Light
Viji

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2012 :  06:35:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sri Ganesan is a great choice. He is sri ramana's grand nephew and has written many books on ramana's teachings and disciples and was the ashram's president in the past and took Care of most of the direct devotees...

Plus he has spent some time with sri nisargadhata maharaj and yogi ramsuratkumar and papa ramdas and krishna bai. I think namath from the ayp forums could tell u more about him bcz she has spoken and interacted with him. I've only sat next to him on my last day at ramana ashram...

Love,
Ananda

Edited by - Ananda on Nov 18 2012 06:36:19 AM
Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2012 :  10:24:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you so much Ananda.

Go to Top of Page

Namath

350 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2012 :  1:25:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi

Yes I heartily recommend Sri Ganesan.

I do not see a person Ganesan in him.I see Ramana Pure Love and Awareness.

Here's a glimpse :
http://www.nevernothere.com/guest/v...an-interview
Go to Top of Page

yogishankar

USA
83 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2012 :  3:54:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am traveling to India tomorrow and planning to be in Ramana Ashram on 29th Nov 2012 Full moon day. This is the first time I am going to visit Ramana Ashram.

I look forward for the experience.
Go to Top of Page

Namath

350 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2012 :  12:57:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Shankar,

I'll be in Ramana Ashram starting from 10th of dec till 10 of January.

Maybe I see you there.

Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2012 :  1:05:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank You Namath for the update.May I know how to contact him like will it be fine if one asks in the ashram about his whereabouts?

yogishankar I am sure you'll enjoy in Ramana ashram.Try to meet shivasakti ammayar she'll be available only in the morning just for 15minutes and she doesnt talk as she is on moun vrat.I missed seeing her I hope you get to see her.
Go to Top of Page

Namath

350 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2012 :  02:50:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by vijikr

Thank You Namath for the update.May I know how to contact him like will it be fine if one asks in the ashram about his whereabouts?

Perhaps the best approach is to enquire in the Ashram with Sri Mani <the manager and his

brother > for his contact number & then ask Sri Ganesan for an appointment.

All the best
Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2012 :  05:44:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Namath
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2012 :  07:40:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful experience Viji

Welcome back, you have been missed.

Thank you for sharing, can't wait to visit in a few months.

Love,
kami
Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2012 :  11:03:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks kami and I hope to go there and stay longer next time.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000