Gurus, Sages and Higher Beings
 Great beings in United States?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

whoami

Denmark
1 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2012 :  07:52:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi Everyone

I have been lurking here on the AYP forums for some time and finally made a user. I am going to the states In december + January in order to meet a two masters that I have been wanting to meet for a very long time. David Spero and Acharya Kedar.

My question is, who are some other transmission based/shaktipat masters in the States that you simply wouldn't miss sitting with?

Primary interest is in yogis, but if there are some great non dual(neo-advaita) teachers you like I am also open to that.

Thx.

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2012 :  07:55:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't live in the states but would love to go see Adyashanti and franics lucille... I've heard and read a lot of good things about them.

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2012 :  09:19:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
it is very good to seek the company of genuine teachers
nevertheless such teachers will never consider themselves to be great beings...because the same potential is present in everyone including you
all the best on your quest!

Edited by - maheswari on Nov 11 2012 1:30:01 PM
Go to Top of Page

k123

118 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2012 :  12:26:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Seconding Ananda, I would definitely recommend Adyashanti, who is based in California. I have seen him and he is very clear and a really good teacher in my opinion. He has written some very good books too.
Go to Top of Page

mattb23

Australia
99 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2012 :  08:37:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You might want to check out SAT:

http://www.satramana.org/

You'll find satsang audio/video clips on this site as well as their vemeo and youtube channel.

Blessings and Namaste
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2012 :  5:01:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm a fan of David Hawkins: http://www.veritaspub.com/

He's developed a thrifty scale of consciousness (ranging from 0 to 1000), which I find useful as a tool for contemplation. In my humble, non-enlightened opinion, I find him to be slightly delusional (like most spiritual teachers)...but that's precisely why I like him--what fun would it be if these self-help gurus were perfect or totally pure? However, on the whole, I think he's full of wisdom and certainly spewing out a little divine love for humanity in his teachings.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000