Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 What is behind this exercise?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

machi

Belgium
35 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2012 :  03:08:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit machi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I recently received Robert Bruce's book "Energy Work" in the mail. I still haven't had the time to go all through it. However, there were two exercises that somehow attracted my attention when browsing through the book:

1. Image a blue ball of energy between your hands in front of you. After some time, start to move the ball from one hand to the other.

2. Make a circle with your hands connected (as if hugging someone) and visualize that the blue ball is moving through your arms, shoulders, heart.

I have tried these two exercises a few times (never more than 2mins the 2 exercises combined) and especially the second one made me feel a bit "strange" in my morning session. I believe these exercises come from the Tao tradition? Is there anyone who can comment on what the exact aim is of this exercise? Also, if there is a connection that this energy circuit is perpendicular to that other energy circuit, the one running via the spine.

wigswest

USA
115 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2012 :  09:56:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi machi, Robert is pretty adamant about first opening the "secondary" energy centers in the hands/arms and feet/legs, in the belief that this will minimize overloading later on when the student starts working the "primary" centers along the spine.

I started energy work using Bruce's system, then moved on to kundalini yoga and AYP. I haven't read his forums for a while, but never saw any complaints about energy overloading resulting from his system on there. His is a safe and sane approach - as much as anything energy-related can be, that is ;)

Whenever anyone asks me about energy work, I refer them to two sources: Robert Bruce and Yogani :)

Edited by - wigswest on Sep 26 2012 09:58:35 AM
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2012 :  8:56:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've seen rave dancers working with that energy ball. It was quite the fad a few years ago. I'm serious.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000