AYPsite.org Forum
 Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Balancing Sexual Libedo
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kahlia

161 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2012 :  08:22:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I posted sometime ago (last year) about having problems coping with an over active sex drive. I started to include more asana and physical, vigorous yoga practice into my life and it really helped, however going to yoga classes 4-5 times a week isnt always sustainable and if I miss a week here and there which sometimes is unavoidable, I tend to start feeling "over energised" again. I know yoga is much more than physical asana practice..I do my best to practice on and off the mat ...but how do I control and balance this energy? I have had some crazy "kundalini", sexual and spiritual awakenings over the last 2 years which were extremely intense, and life changing. I have been using AYP as a guide for practice for quite some time now... yoga and meditation are not new to me but still I struggle.

My yoga practice is very balanced and maintained however my meditation practice needs work. Obviously this is the first place to start. Does anyone else have any ideas?

Rajeev Sethi

India
50 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2012 :  09:56:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Kahlia

I have had some crazy "kundalini", sexual and spiritual awakenings over the last 2 years which were extremely intense, and life changing.

Did the life changing Kundalini experiences have a positive or negative impact on you?

Edited by - Rajeev Sethi on Sep 04 2012 09:57:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

HathaTeacher

Sweden
382 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2012 :  1:17:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kahlia,
Asana practice (preferably, w. pranayama before/after asana) helps prevent "crazy awakenings". Satyananda wrote that it's a very safe way, although not a very fast one. So your inner guru seems to be guiding you pretty well

IMHO, classes 4-5 times a week is very rarely sustainable. As you make progress in asana, maybe you can go for a daily short-short asana session at home before AYP, attending 2-3 classes a week for inspiration and corrections. When your schedule is extremely tight, try at least to make the short home session 6 days a week, that's better than nothing.
Some series (like Sivananda's 12+ asanas) are designed to deliver most of the benefits in the begining (first 4-6 asanas of a series), so a third of the series gives you more than a third of its benefits; that said, it's best to do even a complete session more regularly than just a drop-in once a month.

Edited by - HathaTeacher on Sep 04 2012 1:19:06 PM
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2012 :  2:49:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with Hatha teacher. Also, are you having these energy intensities with a partner? Are you exhausting him, or are you trying to control this high drive alone? What is excessive for one is positive for someone else. maybe going into your sexuality for a time might be the way to gain balance.

Edited by - Victor on Sep 04 2012 2:52:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

HathaTeacher

Sweden
382 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2012 :  09:43:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It's also sweet music to cultivate non-ejaculatory ways of exchanging large amounts of male and female energy. The book I mentioned in your earlier thread contains a couple of hints, plus it's a more ego-neutral channel - www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....ID=9486#81609
(mainly for men, but explains even different depths of the female orgasm).
I've read it as a source of inspiration, not as a strict step-by-step manual (I agree with Victor that sexuality is highly individual).
Best of luck
HT
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2012 :  3:50:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for that link, Hatha. It gives some more of Kahlias background that I had forgotten. Having an older partner who is not tantric seems to be the root of the imbalance to me. That seems to be more of a relationship issue than a personal problem for her, and is one that will need to be worked out between them.
Go to Top of Page

Kahlia

161 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2012 :  08:51:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the suggestions. I think the only thing I can think of to help deal with this is to step up my own practice with more regular meditation and yoga practice at home..when I cant make it to class.

This isn't so much about sex or libedo really now that I think about it but more about purification and the cultivation of my own energy.Its the same problem that repeats itself which coincidentally started occurring after an kundalini shift and intense spiritual "awakening" a few years ago which wasn't pleasant and was traumatic. Its taken me a few years to re-balance. I have so much energy it is just unbelievable, it creates so much tension!

For now I will do more yoga at home with lots of yin practice and see how I go! I will also doing more taoist yoga breathing and energy circulation etc. I start doing it and I can never seem to keep up with a regular practice.

Go to Top of Page

HathaTeacher

Sweden
382 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2012 :  3:15:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Kahlia, I think most/all earthing asanas and practices are helpful in harmonizing the energy. Especially outdoors.
HT
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000