New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

sadhak

India
604 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2006 :  01:19:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit sadhak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Jim and His Karma
We are so frigging dumb. We don't catch on. We are as stupid as dogs running at the track chasing the mechanical rabbit. We have all the big picture view of a racing dog.

You're looking at one right now. I just felt very happy to finish a long haul of work and get back to the forum, and do what I felt like today. While so many things could happen in the next moment a million times worse than working my backside off. There I go... aversion and favouring. Thanks for reminding me for this moment. I'm also content to remember only for now
Go to Top of Page

Hairkhan

USA
4 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2006 :  12:59:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hairkhan's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Maximus: Are you saying that we just give up all desires and go to forest and sit crossslegged day and night?

Sir, have you read the Gita? One cannot escape action/desire simply by sitting crosslegged. Furthermore, choosing to do "nothing" is itself an action! Action and desire lie not with/in the body, but in the mind. For one who is God-Realized, the ego (or I-sense) has been dissolved. In such a being, even acting with the body -- he yet does nothing. He does what is appropriate at the appropriate time (his duty) yet is unconcerned with the outcome. Karma is only generated when one performs an action for the purpose of getting something, or out of concern for the result (fruit of the action), and with the notion "I do this." And yes, it is quite possible to perform one's duties without care for the results.

So how do we get rid of the desire? We must get rid of the ego. How do we get rid of the ego? The ego will only be dissolved when we are able to still the mind (or prana) through meditation and/or pranayama.

Sir, in the meantime offer all of your actions to God. And also, leave the results to Him. What will be will be. Know that it is through His power that you have breath (life), that your limbs move, that you eat, sleep, etc. etc.

Bowing to You
hairakhan
Go to Top of Page

taitai

South Africa
1 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2007 :  12:22:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit taitai's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello, I am new to the Forums & hope you don't mind my adding something on this topic! I followed Buddism for many years, along with J Krishnamurti's teachings; having moved to a country where no contact with these philosophies was possible, I began to attend a Hare Krishna temple. . . but still searching, I was lead to a Gnostic site (gnosis.usa) I find their techniques for destroying the egos very helpful, but the emphasis on being able to astral project has lead me to a dead end. I have only achieved it consciously on one occasion, & that through praying to the Divine Mother to allow me to experience it as a "proof", "even if only once in this lifetime". It was truly the most blissful experience of my life; I have been meditating for most of my life, & always agreed that siddhis were distractions, but lately I am quite obsessed with getting out of the body again. I dreamed some years back that Swami Sivananda appeared to me, saying that if I would grant him 15 minutes of my time, he would make it up to me in a future existence. I took this seriously 7 have read all of his works, which are also recommeded by Samael Aun Weor, who is the founder of the Gnostic sect I mentioned. Now I feel very drawn to Yogani's simple, direct teachings but I am also concerned that this is "guru shoppping" - is there any word of advice anyone would care to share with me? Thank you!

Namaste
Go to Top of Page

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2007 :  12:56:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Taitai, welcome to the forum. We are very glad that you are here. Thank you for your post!

light and love,

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2007 :  03:59:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Taitai, welcome to the forum

I too was and still am to an extent, involved in Buddhist practice.
I have maintained the practice of mindfulness in my daily life and love the simplicity of this in Buddhism.
My meditation practice is AYP now and has been for over a year. It is probably not as simple as zen buddhist meditation, but the simplicity of zen is not easily accessed by everyone.
I also find the AYP practice to be much more stable in its effect throughout the day, which is what really matters.

You said:
quote:
Now I feel very drawn to Yogani's simple, direct teachings but I am also concerned that this is "guru shoppping" - is there any word of advice anyone would care to share with me? Thank you!

Well you will see at the end of every post from Yogani "The guru is in you". This is the approach here. Yogani does not set himself up as a guru, instead he gives all the teachings, made freely available, and gives each individual responsibility for their own practice. This is monitored by the individual through "self pacing" (you can do a search for this if you want to find more).

Whilst it is acknowledged that some people prefer to have a guru, this is not where we are coming from here.

Hope you enjoy the site, if you havn't done so already you can gradually work through the Main Lessons and settle into the practice.
Please keep in touch and let us know how you are getting on.

As Yogani would say - The guru is in you
Louis
Go to Top of Page

gaja lakshmi

Taiwan
8 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2007 :  03:51:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit gaja lakshmi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
my advice is
sidhhi is not so hard to get it
lord give you siddhi also will take somethng away from you
are you ready to accept consenqeuncy

Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2007 :  04:35:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forum, gaja lakshmi

quote:
lord give you siddhi also will take somethng away from you
are you ready to accept consenqeuncy

Yes - I see what you mean.
We struggle so much to hold onto what was always ours anyway. Our very life is a gift in itself. Yet - it is a paradox. The more we are willing to let go of "ownership" of life, the broader we become...since the same life flows in everyone and everything.

What is taken from us in the process of seing our wholeness, is only that which keeps us in the illusion of separation.

But, as you say, the consequences are not so easy to accept. It is in our nature to kick and scream
However - with increasing inner silence, clarity in understanding results. It is so much easier to let go, when you start to experience the Joy of giving yourself away....as opposed to the pain of holding on to who you think you are.

Please keep sharing your perspectives with us, gaja!
Go to Top of Page

gaja lakshmi

Taiwan
8 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2007 :  9:44:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit gaja lakshmi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
if you wanna know what is techniq to siddhis or the wisdom
i dont mind to share with you
there are many kinds of siddhis
please do let me know what kind of siddhis you wanna achive in ur life time
i know some of them not all of them
if you are really serious taking as practice
Go to Top of Page

meenarashid

76 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2007 :  10:04:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit meenarashid's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by meenarashid

aum

OK disclaimer i have a large ego and am very arrogant myself so in recognising this ...it can be abundantly clear when reading other peoples posts or hearing them speak

Meg it seems you are totally onto something my life is far from calm at all times or anytimes BUT what you mention does seem to work going THROUGH any and all desirestoward ONE i cant say im enlightened or any of that stuff but the quality of the relationships in my life and everything i see around me & IN me shows yea im on a path toward moksha yea even been there a few times but as we all know the shifting of life and the layers.. well liberation at times is like pearls on a string ...

but man Jim & his karma reading some of your posts i honestly am shocked at this arrogance!
like this
**What you're talking about is at the heart of the occult. And occult isn't far from tantra, and tantra isn't far from yoga. But occult is pretty far from yoga. I just want to make sure you understand where this path leads.**

it seems that we all need to WAKE up however is appropriate for ourselves otherwise we simply will not stay awake ! the aypforums and practices do rock but it is STILL practicing what another person is telling you to practice rather than findin in YOU what will wake you up siddhis and all & yes ive seen them come and gothrough me but as a wonderful teacher of mine has stated let them pass like a train ..but they are helpfull at times & are there when needed they just ARE

also when getting to the bare bones of yoga ALL IS YOGA every single path every single breath

seems some in here need to let some of that intellect slide a bit

hahah myself included

aummmmm

also if my post seems all over the place.. GOOD!

Go to Top of Page

meenarashid

76 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2007 :  10:18:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit meenarashid's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
occult
is esoteric (employs knowledge that is not known to the general public, but which is only revealed gradually to a selected few in training), and
depends upon those talents which lie beyond the five senses, and
engages with the supernatural.

sounds allot like Yoga to me

aum

but i also want to say to Jimand his Karma allot of your posts are very informative

dont want to come across like i am attacking you not that it would matter if i were lol
Go to Top of Page

Maximus

India
187 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2007 :  03:00:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Maximus's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
On a lighter note, being able to fly will definitely reduce pollution due to fossil fuels.
Go to Top of Page

Swami Vajra

42 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2007 :  04:22:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Swami Vajra's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by lucidinterval1

Hello All,

Siddhi's to me must be of importance. Jesus displayed the use of them as did Lahiri Mahasaya with bi-location and such. Yogani's book "The Secrets of Wilder" also takes advantage of siddhi's. Some of them displayed without real intent and others with intent. The real point is that we shouldn't be attached to them or have them control our desires. I agree with Frank. They will come by Grace if we have prepared ourselves. God wouldn't throw "pearls before swine".

With Peace,
Paul

Namaste ALL,

I offer this article written on the subject of siddhis by my Satguru.

Siddhis or Miraculous Powers

By practicing, you will come across certain tremendous powers called the siddhis. They invariably come to you. (The other, higher meaning of siddhi is perfection or attainment.) It is very important to know about the siddhis because sometimes you can become so flooded with the spiritual energy that you will be at a loss to know what to do with it. Just as a man who obtains but doesn't know how to operate a gun can be a source of danger to himself and those around him, a person who has attained the siddhis without a corresponding wisdom in their use can be equally dangerous. This has been true in the lives of many Masters in the past and in the lives of many gurus in the present.

Not only in the spiritual realm but also in the political, religious, social, historical, and scientific levels, when man gets power, that power corrupts unless he has the humility to receive the blessing and use it for the service of mankind in the service of God. This why the Masters always encourage us to go beyond the siddhis and dwell in nectar. Power used selfishly will kill you or drive you crazy unless you use it for service.

Though there are many siddhis, such as clairvoyance (supernormal vision), clairaudience (supernormal hearing), extrasensory perception, telekinesis (matter moving by the power of the mind), eight important ones are described below:

Anima means you know the subtlest of things around you and just by mere will, you can make yourself appear very small to everyone. Or you can become so subtle that you can enter into the dreams of people and guide them or if you misuse the power, you can misguide them, which is dangerous. Or even though all the doors to a room are locked and the walls are solid, by assuming a subtle form, you are able to penetrate those walls and doors. So anima means very subtle, to be atomic in size or to assume the minutest form with which you could go anywhere you like.

Garima is to be able to assume a mountainous size, which means your form, appears colossal, mountainous or cosmic.

Laghima means to be very light. By practice of the proper mantra, no matter how weighty you are, you have the power to make your entire system very light, like cotton or flower petals. That is the secret of levitation and reaching anywhere.

Mahima means to be very , very, very heavy. These are only the surface meanings. There are so many other celestial meanings to these most practical powers which come to you.

Prapti means that whatever you wish for, either for yourself or for others, immediately you obtain the same.

Prakamya means, among other things, that if a soul is not resurrected, that is, it is caught somewhere in the astral worlds, it is visible to you, and you can use that prakamya power to send that soul to a higher dimension. Or if someone is asking for help in conquering the prarabdha karma, the incurable karma, and he remembers the guru, the guru is able to cure that karma and see that the person is healed, restored to his health or pristine purity or lifted from any fall and raised to a higher height. With prakamya, you even have the power to create new dimensions or to ask a special favor from God for certain souls for their enlightenment. This applies not only for individual wishes, but for the collective wishes of mankind.

I****va means lordship. You are the lord of your senses, the lord of your mind. It means you conquer and wherever you go, that lordship is there. That is why you call Jesus 'Lord Jesus,' or Krishna 'Lord Krishna." Often these powers come to a social, political or religious leader and all too often, we see how this power is misused. You have to develop humility and remember that God alone is Lord. If you allow the ego to operate this siddhi, then definitely there will be brainwashing and the killing of the spirit of others. You must be very careful to remain humble. All great Masters fall on their knees when this siddhi manifests and pray again to the Almighty to bless them with humility. "Blessed are the poor in spirit ..." it is said, "for theirs is the kingdom of heaven." Otherwise, you will get lordship over certain things, such as continents or wealth, etc., but you'll lose the Kingdom.

The eighth power, with almost the same connotation, is called va****va. It means attraction. Wherever you go, you are the magnet, the center of attraction. You attract everything--all the angels, all the human beings, and all the species--towards you.

In the 1950s, a cow called Lakshmi would part thousands of people gathered around Ramanamaharshi to go to the guru every day for a blessing. The guru would not eat until he had personally fed that cow. All animals, all creatures are attracted toward such Masters. You have heard in many stories how the cat and the rat, the tiger and the deer, the snake and the mongoose will forget their enmity in the presence of such a saint and play together. Va****va means that. Everything is attracted towards you, but you are not attracted towards them because you keep God as your central attraction. You look to God and they look to you. Then you are safe.

If you are attracted by the things which are attracted to you, then very soon the power will be gone, for it is God which dwells in you which is the source of attraction for the whole humanity. Bless them, make them stand on their own two feet and give them the Light so that they may walk in the Light and not in darkness. But at the same time, tell them that these blessings come from God and not from you.

If you take the credit, you'll have a large following for a few years before that very following becomes the instrument of your downfall. History proves that. Be careful acknowledging that the blessings are from God. Somebody said, to Jesus, "How good you are!" Immediately he said, "Why do you call me good? There is only one who is good and that is my Father in heaven!" This form of humility should be there constantly. You may not have a large following and you should not be attracted towards that either. It comes to you when you don't want it.

Everything comes to you when you transcend the desire for it. This is the one lesson which you and I have to learn eventually. It is very tricky for it teaches 'if you want a desire to be fulfilled, just conquer that desire.' At that very moment, the desire is fulfilled. That is food for thought. Think about it. Anything you want to have, go beyond that want, and then it will be there at your feet.

It is taught that we should strive to go beyond all desires other than the desire to attain enlightenment. That desire is not included in the baser, lower, egotistic selfish desires for this one is an aspiration. Like the lotus blossoming by seeing the sun, like the river dancing down into the ocean, similarly, the soul has to reach God from where it has come. It is that aspiration--I won't call it a desire--it is that longing alone which will make you reach the Truth.
In the meantime, by the practice of mantra, there might be several other forms of siddhis which will come to you, including the higher siddhis such as walking on water or going to any loka, or entering into another's body (parakaya pravesha), or blessing an individual.

A poor lady, when Shankaracharya came to beg for alms, had nothing except one fruit. Yet she brought that amalaka fruit and with tears in her eyes gave it to the guru in his begging bowl. Immediately, he uttered the kanakadhara stotra, which means invoking the supreme Lakshmi, and showered all kinds of wealth and riches on her. There are many more, such as restoring the dead, or enabling a childless couple to have a baby. All these blessings and more are possible by the proper use of siddhis. If you maintain humility, then you will use the siddhis for the service of humanity and in the eyes of the Kingdom, you will be considered as sons and daughters of the Heavenly Father.

So this is the knowledge and the warning about the powers which might come to you. When the king wants to give you the kingdom, if you beg for a few cents (pray for the siddhis), that would be foolishness. That is what the siddhis are. Do you understand?
A parable will clarify this point.

Once there was a king traveling in a golden chariot and he met a beggar who was on his way to ask the king to make him become super wealthy overnight. But before the beggar could beg of the king, to his wonderment, the king began begging of the beggar. Descending from his chariot, the king asked the beggar to give him something. At that, the beggar began pushing his knapsack behind him, saying, "I don't have anything, I don't have anything at all!" He had seven or eight handfuls of rice in that sack but he said, "I have nothing."
The king replied, "Well, whatever you have, give a little bit of that to me."

But the beggar was not willing. He said, "You are the king, I am the beggar and you are begging of me? Then both of us should go together as beggars!"

The king insisted, so the beggar, much against his will, put his hand into the knapsack and pulled out seven or eight grains of rice from the seven or eight handfuls which he had. And the king accepted that very gladly and in his golden chariot, returned to the palace.
The beggar was very unhappy thinking, "not only did the king not give me anything, but he took from me also! How unfortunate I am!" Thinking thus, the beggar with great agony came back to his mosquito-infested hut and emptied the sack. Lo! To his surprise, among the seven to eight handfuls of rice, there were seven to eight grains of rice which had been converted into gold. Now he began beating his forehead, lamenting, "how foolish, how dull-witted I am! Had I known what I gave to the king would return to me in pure gold, I would have given all seven to eight handfuls of rice. I would have emptied everything there so that I would have been filled here!"

We are all like beggars. We have something and we go to God to ask Him for more and more. Instead, God asks us to give what we have. But our ego says, "I don't have anything, I don't have anything!" We try to hide the knapsack behind us. God insists, but still we don't agree to give our time or our breath for meditation. God has given us our whole life to realize Him and we say "We have no time, we have no energy. We are very busy, we have no money, we have no health, we don't have this, and we don't have that." Yet God insists.
Still, when you do not behave, then God 'kicks,' throws bricks,' sends difficulties, problems, ill health, headaches, etc., to make us give something to Him so that we could be blessed. Then, much against our will, we give seven to eight minutes of meditation in twenty-four hours, or seven to eight hours in a month. Some people do not even give an hour in a whole lifetime. Then the time comes to empty the sack, to depart from this body, and you realize that those days, those minutes, those hours, those breaths which I spent with the Lord or in the company of saints--those moments alone are the golden moments of my life, like the seven or eight grains of rice converted into gold. At the time of death, you beat your forehead and cry with agony, "Had I known that this would be completely golden and I would be basking in that yellow, healing light and God Himself would come with His messengers to take me to the immortal kingdom of Truth, I would have dedicated all my breaths and all my time for God!"

But, by then, it is too late. You'll be reborn again. Still, with that lament as your last thought, when you are reborn, you'll come as a yogi to end your evolution.

This parable is a great parable, related to every one of us. Life has value only relative to the time you have spent in realization of your great Self or doing any action with the spirit of God. All the rest is, compared to the immortal Truth, worthless. The moments which we spend with God are golden moments which will be returned to us as golden moments. So make the whole life a golden moment. Get initiated into the Truth and represent God in every work which you do. A little more kindness added to our work, a little more selflessness, is an expression of that love for God. That is what will make on earth the Kingdom of Heaven.

Do the sadhana (spiritual discipline). Never eat your breakfast without doing sadhana. Never go to sleep unless you pray and conduct your sadhana daily, without fail. Because that alone is life. That alone is divine. Morning prayer gives you energy throughout the day to work with all alertness in healing and helping. All those who come to you will take with them that kindness and compassion which you manifest by the power of the prayer. Just as you take time for sleep, time for food, time for recreation, time for everything else, you must take, similarly, time for meditation until you make the meditation or prayer constant in the midst of all activities, and in every breath. Then you shall not be reborn, and if you do come back, you'll come back with compassion in order to help humanity reach that higher state.

Each one of you, along with your other works, kindly bring this potential healing power in you to the surface and bless people around you who really require it. Become the great healers of humanity. It is neither caste, creed, color, country nor anything else that counts nowadays, other than the power to heal, the power to love, the power of God to manifest in each and every one of you. It is potentially in you, but hidden.

The teacher invokes it and brings it to the higher level. Do not allow it to go back.

Instead, practice, get those powers and, with humility, heal humanity.
Go to Top of Page

meenarashid

76 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2007 :  08:25:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit meenarashid's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
wow this post is intense

thank you!!
aumm

Go to Top of Page

lucidinterval1

USA
193 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2007 :  2:30:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Swami Vajra,
What a beautiful discourse. Thank-you for this reminder.
With Peace,
Paul
Go to Top of Page

lucidinterval1

USA
193 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2007 :  7:59:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Swami Vajra,
What a beautiful discourse. Thank-you for this reminder.
With Peace,
Paul
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2007 :  08:35:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Swami vajra,

What a great discourse from your teacher, thanks for posting it.
quote:
Prakamya means, among other things, that if a soul is not resurrected, that is, it is caught somewhere in the astral worlds, it is visible to you, and you can use that prakamya power to send that soul to a higher dimension.

I had never heard of this Siddhi before now. This is something that started happening to me a few years ago. When I used to encounter the souls of dead people, I used to try and push them away. Then one day I thought, how is that going to help them? They have probably had people pushing them away their whole life, and now they are disturbed and trapped in the astral realm. So then after that, whenever I encountered them, I would open my heart centre and ask them to enter me. Then I would pray to God to help them. I would call down the light into my heart and ask that they be taken up into the light if that was the will of God. I have never heard of anyone else doing this... but then people don't talk about this sort of thing very much.

By the way, who is your Satguru?

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2007 :  08:48:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Gaja,
quote:
if you wanna know what is techniq to siddhis or the wisdom
i dont mind to share with you
there are many kinds of siddhis
please do let me know what kind of siddhis you wanna achive in ur life time

Wow... this is like one of those, "whatever you ask for is what you are going to get" things. So I had to think carefully about what I really want. I had a look at the list and most of the Siddis don't seem to be that useful. Even if I could walk on water, I think I would still use the bridge to get over the river, do you know what I mean? So I have decided:
I would like to know how to give Blessings to people and how to take away other people's incurable karma.
If you can help with these I would be very grateful.

Christi

p.s. Welcome to the forum
Go to Top of Page

Suryakant

USA
259 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2007 :  1:00:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Anyone who experiences the dense all-pervasive love in which we all unknowingly bathe 24/7 could not possibly spend a millisecond contemplating cheap magic tricks.
I agree completely, Jim. It is a waste of opportunity to spend one's time playing with illusory impermanent phenomena, when one could instead be spending one's time merging with the dense all-pervasive love of God.
Go to Top of Page

Suryakant

USA
259 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2007 :  1:29:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Swami Vajra

Namaste ALL,

Thank you, Swami Vajra, for posting that article on the subject of siddhis.
quote:

Everything comes to you when you transcend the desire for it. This is the one lesson which you and I have to learn eventually. It is very tricky for it teaches 'if you want a desire to be fulfilled, just conquer that desire.' At that very moment, the desire is fulfilled. That is food for thought. Think about it. Anything you want to have, go beyond that want, and then it will be there at your feet.

I can speak from personal experience that it is true that relinquishment of desire brings fulfillment of desire.

One of my avocations, acting, has occupied a lot of my time over the years. Throughout my grade school, high school, and college years, I competed for - and often won - acting roles in numerous theatrical productions. After leaving college, I had a brief career as a professional actor. Then I gave up acting for twenty-three years - I had simply burned out on it.

Almost four years ago, I returned to acting, this time in community theater. It had been 23 years since I'd last been on stage - I was older, more mature, and I discovered that my attitude about auditioning had changed: I was no longer attached to the outcome of auditions.

Over the past four years, I've found that the less I desire to be cast in theatrical productions, the more opportunities for acting have been offered to me by directors and producers. I was even offered a screen test for a nationally-televised network TV documentary. I went to the screen test with a detached and cheerful attitude - and I got the part, even though (1) I had not sought it out - a friend had recommended me to the director/producer, and, (2) I was not attached to the outcome of the screen test.

Having relinquished my desire to be cast in plays and other productions, I have been cast in so many over the past four years that I am once again planning to give up acting - but this time, my motivation for giving up acting is not burnout - it is a blissful feeling of fulfillment and gratitude, a feeling that I had been drawn back to acting four years ago to learn some important lessons...and now that I've learned those lessons, there's no more need for me to act.
Go to Top of Page

tetragrammaton

United Kingdom
13 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2008 :  6:12:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit tetragrammaton's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by lucidinterval1

Hello All,

Siddhi's to me must be of importance. Jesus displayed the use of them as did Lahiri Mahasaya with bi-location and such. Yogani's book "The Secrets of Wilder" also takes advantage of siddhi's. Some of them displayed without real intent and others with intent. The real point is that we shouldn't be attached to them or have them control our desires. I agree with Frank. They will come by Grace if we have prepared ourselves. God wouldn't throw "pearls before swine".

With Peace,
Paul

Namaste ALL,

Siddhis or Miraculous Powers

By practicing, you will come across certain tremendous powers called the siddhis. They invariably come to you. (The other, higher meaning of siddhi is perfection or attainment.) It is very important to know about the siddhis because sometimes you can become so flooded with the spiritual energy that you will be at a loss to know what to do with it. Just as a man who obtains but doesn't know how to operate a gun can be a source of danger to himself and those around him, a person who has attained the siddhis without a corresponding wisdom in their use can be equally dangerous. This has been true in the lives of many Masters in the past and in the lives of many gurus in the present.

Not only in the spiritual realm but also in the political, religious, social, historical, and scientific levels, when man gets power, that power corrupts unless he has the humility to receive the blessing and use it for the service of mankind in the service of God. This why the Masters always encourage us to go beyond the siddhis and dwell in nectar. Power used selfishly will kill you or drive you crazy unless you use it for service.

Though there are many siddhis, such as clairvoyance (supernormal vision), clairaudience (supernormal hearing), extrasensory perception, telekinesis (matter moving by the power of the mind), eight important ones are described below:

Anima means you know the subtlest of things around you and just by mere will, you can make yourself appear very small to everyone. Or you can become so subtle that you can enter into the dreams of people and guide them or if you misuse the power, you can misguide them, which is dangerous. Or even though all the doors to a room are locked and the walls are solid, by assuming a subtle form, you are able to penetrate those walls and doors. So anima means very subtle, to be atomic in size or to assume the minutest form with which you could go anywhere you like.

Garima is to be able to assume a mountainous size, which means your form, appears colossal, mountainous or cosmic.

Laghima means to be very light. By practice of the proper mantra, no matter how weighty you are, you have the power to make your entire system very light, like cotton or flower petals. That is the secret of levitation and reaching anywhere.

Mahima means to be very , very, very heavy. These are only the surface meanings. There are so many other celestial meanings to these most practical powers which come to you.

Prapti means that whatever you wish for, either for yourself or for others, immediately you obtain the same.

Prakamya means, among other things, that if a soul is not resurrected, that is, it is caught somewhere in the astral worlds, it is visible to you, and you can use that prakamya power to send that soul to a higher dimension. Or if someone is asking for help in conquering the prarabdha karma, the incurable karma, and he remembers the guru, the guru is able to cure that karma and see that the person is healed, restored to his health or pristine purity or lifted from any fall and raised to a higher height. With prakamya, you even have the power to create new dimensions or to ask a special favor from God for certain souls for their enlightenment. This applies not only for individual wishes, but for the collective wishes of mankind.

I****va means lordship. You are the lord of your senses, the lord of your mind. It means you conquer and wherever you go, that lordship is there. That is why you call Jesus 'Lord Jesus,' or Krishna 'Lord Krishna." Often these powers come to a social, political or religious leader and all too often, we see how this power is misused. You have to develop humility and remember that God alone is Lord. If you allow the ego to operate this siddhi, then definitely there will be brainwashing and the killing of the spirit of others. You must be very careful to remain humble. All great Masters fall on their knees when this siddhi manifests and pray again to the Almighty to bless them with humility. "Blessed are the poor in spirit ..." it is said, "for theirs is the kingdom of heaven." Otherwise, you will get lordship over certain things, such as continents or wealth, etc., but you'll lose the Kingdom.

The eighth power, with almost the same connotation, is called va****va. It means attraction. Wherever you go, you are the magnet, the center of attraction. You attract everything--all the angels, all the human beings, and all the species--towards you.

In the 1950s, a cow called Lakshmi would part thousands of people gathered around Ramanamaharshi to go to the guru every day for a blessing. The guru would not eat until he had personally fed that cow. All animals, all creatures are attracted toward such Masters. You have heard in many stories how the cat and the rat, the tiger and the deer, the snake and the mongoose will forget their enmity in the presence of such a saint and play together. Va****va means that. Everything is attracted towards you, but you are not attracted towards them because you keep God as your central attraction. You look to God and they look to you. Then you are safe.

If you are attracted by the things which are attracted to you, then very soon the power will be gone, for it is God which dwells in you which is the source of attraction for the whole humanity. Bless them, make them stand on their own two feet and give them the Light so that they may walk in the Light and not in darkness. But at the same time, tell them that these blessings come from God and not from you.

If you take the credit, you'll have a large following for a few years before that very following becomes the instrument of your downfall. History proves that. Be careful acknowledging that the blessings are from God. Somebody said, to Jesus, "How good you are!" Immediately he said, "Why do you call me good? There is only one who is good and that is my Father in heaven!" This form of humility should be there constantly. You may not have a large following and you should not be attracted towards that either. It comes to you when you don't want it.

It is taught that we should strive to go beyond all desires other than the desire to attain enlightenment. That desire is not included in the baser, lower, egotistic selfish desires for this one is an aspiration. Like the lotus blossoming by seeing the sun, like the river dancing down into the ocean, similarly, the soul has to reach God from where it has come. It is that aspiration--I won't call it a desire--it is that longing alone which will make you reach the Truth.
In the meantime, by the practice of mantra, there might be several other forms of siddhis which will come to you, including the higher siddhis such as walking on water or going to any loka, or entering into another's body (parakaya pravesha), or blessing an individual.

A poor lady, when Shankaracharya came to beg for alms, had nothing except one fruit. Yet she brought that amalaka fruit and with tears in her eyes gave it to the guru in his begging bowl. Immediately, he uttered the kanakadhara stotra, which means invoking the supreme Lakshmi, and showered all kinds of wealth and riches on her. There are many more, such as restoring the dead, or enabling a childless couple to have a baby. All these blessings and more are possible by the proper use of siddhis. If you maintain humility, then you will use the siddhis for the service of humanity and in the eyes of the Kingdom, you will be considered as sons and daughters of the Heavenly Father.

So this is the knowledge and the warning about the powers which might come to you. When the king wants to give you the kingdom, if you beg for a few cents (pray for the siddhis), that would be foolishness. That is what the siddhis are. Do you understand?
A parable will clarify this point.

Once there was a king traveling in a golden chariot and he met a beggar who was on his way to ask the king to make him become super wealthy overnight. But before the beggar could beg of the king, to his wonderment, the king began begging of the beggar. Descending from his chariot, the king asked the beggar to give him something. At that, the beggar began pushing his knapsack behind him, saying, "I don't have anything, I don't have anything at all!" He had seven or eight handfuls of rice in that sack but he said, "I have nothing."
The king replied, "Well, whatever you have, give a little bit of that to me."

But the beggar was not willing. He said, "You are the king, I am the beggar and you are begging of me? Then both of us should go together as beggars!"

The king insisted, so the beggar, much against his will, put his hand into the knapsack and pulled out seven or eight grains of rice from the seven or eight handfuls which he had. And the king accepted that very gladly and in his golden chariot, returned to the palace.
The beggar was very unhappy thinking, "not only did the king not give me anything, but he took from me also! How unfortunate I am!" Thinking thus, the beggar with great agony came back to his mosquito-infested hut and emptied the sack. Lo! To his surprise, among the seven to eight handfuls of rice, there were seven to eight grains of rice which had been converted into gold. Now he began beating his forehead, lamenting, "how foolish, how dull-witted I am! Had I known what I gave to the king would return to me in pure gold, I would have given all seven to eight handfuls of rice. I would have emptied everything there so that I would have been filled here!"

We are all like beggars. We have something and we go to God to ask Him for more and more. Instead, God asks us to give what we have. But our ego says, "I don't have anything, I don't have anything!" We try to hide the knapsack behind us. God insists, but still we don't agree to give our time or our breath for meditation. God has given us our whole life to realize Him and we say "We have no time, we have no energy. We are very busy, we have no money, we have no health, we don't have this, and we don't have that." Yet God insists.
Still, when you do not behave, then God 'kicks,' throws bricks,' sends difficulties, problems, ill health, headaches, etc., to make us give something to Him so that we could be blessed. Then, much against our will, we give seven to eight minutes of meditation in twenty-four hours, or seven to eight hours in a month. Some people do not even give an hour in a whole lifetime. Then the time comes to empty the sack, to depart from this body, and you realize that those days, those minutes, those hours, those breaths which I spent with the Lord or in the company of saints--those moments alone are the golden moments of my life, like the seven or eight grains of rice converted into gold. At the time of death, you beat your forehead and cry with agony, "Had I known that this would be completely golden and I would be basking in that yellow, healing light and God Himself would come with His messengers to take me to the immortal kingdom of Truth, I would have dedicated all my breaths and all my time for God!"

But, by then, it is too late. You'll be reborn again. Still, with that lament as your last thought, when you are reborn, you'll come as a yogi to end your evolution.

This parable is a great parable, related to every one of us. Life has value only relative to the time you have spent in realization of your great Self or doing any action with the spirit of God. All the rest is, compared to the immortal Truth, worthless. The moments which we spend with God are golden moments which will be returned to us as golden moments. So make the whole life a golden moment. Get initiated into the Truth and represent God in every work which you do. A little more kindness added to our work, a little more selflessness, is an expression of that love for God. That is what will make on earth the Kingdom of Heaven.

Do the sadhana (spiritual discipline). Never eat your breakfast without doing sadhana. Never go to sleep unless you pray and conduct your sadhana daily, without fail. Because that alone is life. That alone is divine. Morning prayer gives you energy throughout the day to work with all alertness in healing and helping. All those who come to you will take with them that kindness and compassion which you manifest by the power of the prayer. Just as you take time for sleep, time for food, time for recreation, time for everything else, you must take, similarly, time for meditation until you make the meditation or prayer constant in the midst of all activities, and in every breath. Then you shall not be reborn, and if you do come back, you'll come back with compassion in order to help humanity reach that higher state.

Each one of you, along with your other works, kindly bring this potential healing power in you to the surface and bless people around you who really require it. Become the great healers of humanity. It is neither caste, creed, color, country nor anything else that counts nowadays, other than the power to heal, the power to love, the power of God to manifest in each and every one of you. It is potentially in you, but hidden.

The teacher invokes it and brings it to the higher level. Do not allow it to go back.

Instead, practice, get those powers and, with humility, heal humanity.

Since coming through the Kundalini in 2001 amd displaying some of these Siddhi's whilst being "otherworldy" I was obssessed with an intellectual grasp of them...

The final line says it all...

Its where I am now...

A most insightful post...

Thank You...
Go to Top of Page

machart

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2008 :  11:29:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Another post that needs to go in the wheat bin...all newbies (like me) should read this....probably more than once.

Grace and Peace
Go to Top of Page

neli

USA
283 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2008 :  2:02:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit neli's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Hi,

I was pondering about the siddhis, and found great the Swami's post, very illustrative.

One thing that always happens to me and I dislike it very much, is the disappearance of things, I don't know if this is a "siddhi" or what.

But it really ennoys me, sometimes the things appear again in the same spot, but months later, and other times they never appear again.

It had happened with keys, driver's licence, and different things. My driver's licence never appeared again, so I got a new one, so this is very annoying to me, how can I get rid of this "siddhi" ?

I mean if not a siddhi so what is it ? I don't stick to siddhis, they appear alone, and I always try not to put attention, but this one is very annoying, its like a game of hide and seek, but the energy or whatever sometimes doesn't gets back the items. It happens occasionally (thanks God) but when it happens I get very upset.

When I began to feel the floor waving, like kind of levitation, it went away, cause I didn't put attention, although sometimes I feel very light in weight while in meditation.

But with this is impossible not to put attention cause some items can be very important, and they fade away into nothingness, and don't know how to get them back.

any advice ?

Namaste
Neli

quote:
Originally posted by machart

Another post that needs to go in the wheat bin...all newbies (like me) should read this....probably more than once.

Grace and Peace

Go to Top of Page

Suryakant

USA
259 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2009 :  12:53:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

To give other something, that something must belong to you. And anything that belongs to you is no more than another Camaro.

Peace and happiness and shakti and all the rest aren't "things" to "own" or "give". They are just the fabric of the real universe peeking through the muck that's coated our windows. The more of a peek you have, the more contagious these qualities become for others. But you don't possess it, so you can't "give" it. It's just the universe acting through you, once you've removed layers and layers of goop that had previously been blocking it all. It's a return to your native state.

yes
Go to Top of Page

tetragrammaton

United Kingdom
13 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2009 :  5:34:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit tetragrammaton's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Whatever they are they can be used to help heal a people and planet that needs it.
Go to Top of Page

sudipt

India
3 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2009 :  03:10:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Aditya- I met a Guru from the lineage of Kriya Yogis who had gone blind with his spiritual practices- but he has siddhis. You can try learning Kriya Yoga and see where it gets you.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000