New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

kevincann

USA
335 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2012 :  12:07:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Jesus said, “He who overcomes shall not be hurt by the second death.” (Revelation 2:11).

Kevin
Go to Top of Page

machart

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2012 :  12:08:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Life is good...death is inevitable....enjoy it while you got it.
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2012 :  12:50:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by machart

Life is good...death is inevitable....enjoy it while you got it.

I keep forgetting there's no "Like" button on AYP. You'll have to settle for an "Amen"
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2012 :  07:15:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
<------ That's the "like" button.

--------------

What is important at the moment of death, is that all concepts of importance will cease.
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2012 :  09:41:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

<------ That's the "like" button.

--------------

What is important at the moment of death, is that all concepts of importance will cease.

(That's the "love it" button!)
Go to Top of Page

sivasambho

USA
136 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2012 :  6:02:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dan brown's book "the lost symbol" starts like this. The secret is how to die. Since the beginning of time, the secret had always been how to die.
Well now that is out of the way, it semms like a good practise to see how you will go through your death during meditation. I do have the book "tibetan book of death" which supposedly guides you how to die. Although at the present times, I am focusing on how to live.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2012 :  11:53:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It's rare to find books written by people who are experts at dying.
Go to Top of Page

sivasambho

USA
136 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2012 :  10:20:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

That is true :)
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2012 :  10:38:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

There are a fair number of buddhist texts on it with detailed bardo descriptions.

Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2012 :  11:22:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Which ones do most reviewers agree are the most true-to-reality?
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2012 :  1:38:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Which ones do most reviewers agree are the most true-to-reality?

Hi Etherfish,

I know of two individuals who tell me that they remember/know the process. In both cases, they independently describe the same process (subject to cultural word differences). I respect them & their words (and both have shown "special abilities").

I have not ever discussed a comparison to specific books or texts with them. Would you like me to ask?

Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2012 :  4:59:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
No, I wouldn't read the books anyway.
If you have enough faith in God you don't need to read and prepare; you just follow the signs.
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2012 :  6:33:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

If you have enough faith in God you don't need to read and prepare; you just follow the signs.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000