Enlightenment Milestones
 Places of bliss
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Arman

Australia
47 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2012 :  06:19:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
This post is two part, the second about a bad experience I had so if the post looks too long, just read the first half, please. :)

Hi everyone. :) I would like to share where AYP has taken me, and where I am on my journey today in hopes of maybe inspiring others.

I have been practicing AYP for a few months now... difficult to say exactly, perhaps 3 or 4. My practice, since after the first week I started has been 10m spinal breathing, 20m deep meditation I also incorporated siddhasana, mulabandha and sambhavi within the first fortnight. In retrospect the adding of these so quickly set me back a little, but not too much - as they have balanced to a nice degree now. I added them so quickly because I started getting palpable positive effects very quickly.

I am fairly young, 19 - and I am lucky to say my practices have been very fruitful in a short amount of time! I think this is because I already had a fair foundation in the state of mindfulness in day to day activities (after first reading Eckhart Tolle's 'The Power of Now' at 16. For this I am grateful), and have had deep experiences into states of bliss through psychedelics.

In retrospect, I think kundalini first awoke during my first psilocybin (magic) mushroom experience, when timothy leary evoked a rough and thorough ego death, through this video, in me.
http://tinyurl.com/8qp2ctj

So that's a brief introduction of myself, now to tell you what changes the AYP system has created within me. Firstly, my vision has changed dramatically. Things are amazingly clear, vibrant, bright - every sight is like a brilliant, purposely set painting. My body feels much lighter, cleaner - and I can immerse myself into places of bliss inside myself. What do these places feel like?

When I feel them, I have a sense of nostalgia. I think these are the places of ecstasy I must have swam in as a baby, before my nervous system was filled with crap. I know these places... as if I once felt them in a dream somewhere. Have you ever fell in love within a dream? Early on I felt these places slightly for short times after SB/DM - and I would think wow! What it would be to live through that!

I continue my practices, and that becomes a reality. It becomes my permanent state, then I taste new 'heights' of bliss, radiance, dreamlike experiences. I must blink a few times. Is this really happening to me? Oh, what it would be to live through that! I suspect I will. I am phased little by the downs of life. I am slowly gaining the stillness and confidence of a mountain. Much perspective has also been gained. As my third eye opens I also lose myself to the infinite dancing scale of energy, and instead of sitting in a restricted body, as if wearing a tight uncomfortable shoe, I watch it all, free, like a dream floating by. Though I still have a long way to go, so many practices to incorporate - where will it take me? Will I just be swimming in one, long, constant orgasm? I shouldn't think about it or dwell in anything, or grasp for more - I know... but still, fun to think about!

--

Bit of an extra - Within this time-frame I stopped for 2 weeks because of a 'bad trip' I had with pharmahuasca (ayahuasca analogue, ayahuasca being a psychedelic predominantly used in southern america)

Between 17-19 I used LSD a fair bit, and had simply incredible experiences, filled with flowing love which seemed to be transforming my life into a fairy-tale for some time... I used to think, "How is this all happening to ME? People around me are still living there lives and here I am." and I used to joke to myself that all this is going to come down on me eventually, that life would have to 'get even' for all this good.

That bad trip felt like just that, had happened. I think now that the reason it happened was in combination with over-purification through yoga. I believe that ayahuasca is a nervous system purging in itself. I had very foolishly experimented with the powerful third eye purging practices, I believe just a few days before the bad trip. During the first hour or two of the psychedelic experience, it felt like years, perhaps lifetimes of 'bad stuff' in my nervous system was coming up, until it was too much and it essentially drove me insane. I begged every cosmic guru and deity to save me but there seemed to be no grace. I thought I was cast into purgatory for eternity and spent the next 16 hours (for some reason the psyche which was meant to last 2-3 hours, lasted an entire day) believing I was stuck in some universal paradigm that was like a cosmic joke, and I was left there to suffer for eternity, left to become a void.

It was very horrific and traumatic. It took a fair while to get over the experience and heal. I was left a somewhat broken individual. Meditation and silence was a light of healing. In retrospect, I believe what happened was 'tough love'. I am stronger for it.

It made me all too aware of other dimensions, realms and the nature of this dream. It was very scary. It caused me to stop all substances for a long time to come. A very positive aspect, which I could not have seen occurring in any other manner. Favorable, no?

Part of the reason I have shared this is also a warning to others, be very careful when using mind altering substances with yoga practices!! If that is your path to take... I cannot say I would 'recommend' psychedelics to anybody, but it cannot be denied that in some beings it is an intrinsic part of their journey.

I can not say for certain that my mistakes in AYP were the cause behind my experience, but I feel in my heart that it was. Take GREAT heed. Especially, in my opinion - DMT related experiences.

It has certainly taught me a lesson in pacing!

----

Thanks for reading. :)

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2012 :  07:14:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi there Arman,

Welcome to the forums. Sounds like your having a great time with practices, I'm pleased to hear that! Keep it up! You're very lucky to have come across the practices at your age also. I first encountered AYP a few years ago, probably when I was 23. The past 3-4 years have changed my life.

And yes - self pacing! It's very, very important.

love to you

josh
Go to Top of Page

Thomas93

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2012 :  09:13:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Heya,

I found your post really interesting and inspiring for multiple reason!
Firstly, i'm 19 too and have been meditating for just over a year now
(although i've only started AYP SB/DM a couple of weeks ago). It's great to
hear of someone my age also into this practice as i've never met anyone else
who has so far. The state of your reality/spirituality since AYP sounds incredible!
really inspiring. Also i'm a big fan of the 'Power of now', an amazing book.

The topic of Ayahuasca caught my eye as i've been researching into it
a fair bit lately and have been really wanting to attend a ritual in Peru (http://www.templeofthewayoflight.org/) when I can get the money together
(travelling from the UK costs a bomb!)
Many testimonials of Ayahuasca itself speak of it as a medicine and an intense purification
of mind and body. The reason I started meditation etc in the first place was to overcome obsessive negative thought patterns and a lot of bad health (which a small part of is still present), so as you can imagine ayahuasca really appeals to me.

When you took the Ayahuasca, did you take this with shamans and experienced healers?

Thank you :)

Thomas

Edited by - Thomas93 on Nov 16 2012 6:24:25 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000