Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Spinal Heat and Pulse
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SparklingDiamond

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2012 :  05:38:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi there

I had an experience today that I would like to share,and possibly get some insight into.

During this particular experience (which wasn't meditation) but i was immersing myself into it, I felt a huge pulsing in the centre of my back/spine and extreme warmth.

Now bcoz it wasn't during meditation, wondering why this would be occurring?

It was an emotional situation, that I was giving alot of my focus and energy too.

Also noticing this spinal feeling happening more often to me when I am not in meditation.

Any insights appreciated

M

SparklingDiamond

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2012 :  10:59:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
woke up this morning and had the spinal pulse whilst lying in bed relaxing. There is no pain whatsoever. seems to be happening more often. Its quite a nice feeling/sensation. Also feeling it during my meditation
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2012 :  11:30:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
How you describe it sounds exactly like kundalini symptoms, though I can't tell verify beyond that as I have never felt any. The general guideline would be to either enjoy them or let them be as long as it doesn't adversely interfere with daily activities. If the latter case were true, moderating daily sessions would be a good option to bring such awakening into balance. Experiences also come and go. I'd see it as a positive sign that your path is bringing true change and unfolding no matter what course the sensations may take.

Thank you for sharing.
Go to Top of Page

SparklingDiamond

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2012 :  02:46:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi aum

thank you.

sometimes i feel it at the base of my spine, just the vibrating/pulse/throb

and lately its been in the centre of my spine, and just yesterday it went higher up whilst i was mediating. that's all I am getting

although i have been feeling very motivationless, like lacklustre about life in general. not depression as such, but just a lack of meaning in day to day life.

I have heard of kundalini. its not out of control, although i would have thought with kundalini awakening, would have come other effects, such as psychic/clairvoyance etc?? which i am not experiencing.

whatever it is, it is not negative, so thats a good thing, but it can get quite intense at times.

blessings

Maria
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2012 :  09:01:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
There is a section 'Kundalini Reminders' L280 that touches on this quite well too. Clairvoyance, precognition and the many other latent abilities I believe depend a great deal on inner silence or stillness and energy. These themselves are mutually reinforcing, and seem to have no limit to depth or level of refinement besides the body's ability to cultivate and manage at some given rate, which too should increase over time. With such prospects, a steady routine is really enticing over other endless diversions, whether accompanied by symptoms and milestones, or serenity.
Go to Top of Page

SparklingDiamond

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2012 :  01:51:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi aum

Is the section part of this forum???

Thanks

Maria
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2012 :  01:54:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
yes...AumNaturel is talking about lesson 280
http://www.aypsite.org/280.html
Go to Top of Page

SparklingDiamond

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2012 :  03:36:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you maheswari !

Just found it right now! :-)

V interesting read. Definitely have to self pace,

I am getting an urge to SB even when not in meditation. So far, no more overload, but taking it slowwwlly, and even with the urge to SB outside of meditation, like right now typing this, I am trying not to. Dont want that overload happening.. :-)

Go to Top of Page

SparklingDiamond

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2012 :  03:54:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Aum and Maheswari.

Read it.

Understood it.

Loved it.

Great advice from Yogani.

Blessings,

Maria
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000