New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2006 :  2:43:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
How long have you been doing this Victor.. do you feel anything different?
Go to Top of Page

alan

USA
235 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2006 :  2:43:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit alan's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shweta

No, the few small servings didn't last more than a couple of days. I drink it all the time. I have become quite intimate with the stuff. It has its varieties due to many factors. Each brew is a unique mix of many different things. As often as possible I 'regest' the urine. I'm not obsessed with the action in itself, so if I skip some it doesn't matter. Construction job-sites don't facilitate much in the way of yoga and such. I'm not sure if I'm doing it 'correctly', but I've only had good come out of it. It is another interesting way that I have become more intimate with myself.

Have fun with it and experiment on different amounts and frequencies and times of day. I don't think there's any harm in it. I think that even the varying tastes have information to glean from on subtle levels.

B N D P N U R Nalan
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2006 :  3:14:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry.. but what is B N D P N U R N..
Go to Top of Page

alan

USA
235 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2006 :  3:15:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit alan's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I should also mention that an important part of my diet is an abundance of water. I drink filtered water all day long. I don't know what it would be like to do a lot of amaroli with very little water intake. It's amazing what little water some people give to their bodies.

alan
Go to Top of Page

alan

USA
235 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2006 :  3:25:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit alan's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'll give you a big hint. The letters are words and the first three, B, N, D, are: "BE, IN, THE"...and then the last three words can also be combined to make one word.
Go to Top of Page

Yoda

USA
284 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2006 :  7:31:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Yoda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I bet it's very good for allergies.
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2006 :  12:14:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have been doing it about a year. hard to say dramatic benefits but it feels good. too much too soon can loosen up the intestines so thats one good reason for an empty stomach first thing in teh morning. I have faith it is helping but am also doing AYP pranayama and mantra so its hard to say what is doing what
Go to Top of Page

sadhak

India
604 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2006 :  06:03:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit sadhak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by alan

I'll give you a big hint. The letters are words and the first three, B, N, D, are: "BE, IN, THE"...and then the last three words can also be combined to make one word.

Sorry Alan,
You have to spell it out fully and wholly. The hint didn't filter in.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2006 :  10:36:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Alan, amaroli all day? Isn't that bad for you.. should you be shocking your system all day that way? I mean a few times a day seems OK.. but all day every time.. when will the toxins get a chance to leave your body? Through sweat maybe.. but not all the toxins can get out that way..
Just wondering.. maybe I am wrong. I hope I am wrong...

Look here
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=1030
Go to Top of Page

Babaly

USA
112 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2006 :  1:16:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Babaly's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi everyone,

Just thought I would chime in.

Actually urine is not the body getting rid of toxins. Toxins and waste matter that is harmful to the body is taken care by the bowels.

Many people think that urine is excess 'dirty' water that the body is getting rid of. But this is not so and doctors and such know all this..... urine is made by your kidneys which is a whole other system.

How does it work? A short biology lesson:-)

When we eat the food goes into our stomach and intestines and is broken down into tiny tiny pieces that go into our blood. Then the blood circulates around the body bringing this nutrition i.e. red/white blood cells, antibodies, plasma, hormones, enzymes etc., which are made at different sites throughtout the body.

Then this nutrient-filled blood gets to the liver where toxins are removed and then that gets excreted through solid waste.

Eventually this "purified clean" blood goes to the kidneys. There the kidneys act as a highly complex filter taking what the body needs of the nutrition and letting go of what is not needed 'at that time' by the body.

The function of the kidneys is to keep the blood BALANCED not clean. They seperate out what is just not needed at that moment by the body.

Urine has incredible medicinal value and when introduced back into the body help boost the body's immune defences and healing in a way that nothing else does.

Yesterday, I didn't do amaroli - I thought I would rest one day and see what my reaction was. I was shocked... because all through the day when I went to pee at work by body was calling out for it... my body really wanted it...

So, I think it's amazing - it is like fluid gold for the body..... did you know that amniotic (sp) fluid is made up of pretty much urine... that is how we start out in life as a fetus living in, surrounded by, ingesting the stuff....

it's just it's been hushed up for the last century or two for whatever reason.

Anyway... Hopes this helps clarify things for a few of you.

Babaly
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2006 :  2:11:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the biology lesson Babaly... I have to say that was really good.
Just one thing though. When I said toxins.. I meant toxins to the body.. as in "excess of stuff" that is not required by the body...
In order to maintain the acidity of the blood.. the excess alkaline salts are filtered in the kidney.. the reason it is getting thrown out is because in excess it can be toxic to the body (increase acidity of the blood).. That is why I said, if we drink this stuff a couple of times a day.. that is fine.. but if we drink it every time there is no way the body can get rid of all the excess salts and we could be poisoning ourselves..

Now, I am talking about biology I studied a long time back.. maybe now there is better understanding of this process, and I am totally wrong.

Edited by - Shanti on Jun 17 2006 2:22:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

alan

USA
235 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2006 :  5:16:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit alan's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi guys

It's "B N D P N U R N ": "Be in the pee and you are in". And then "U R N" can translate into "urine". Sorry, I really should keep to more serious postings on this international yoga forum

I don't drink it every single time and I drink a minimum of 100 ozs. of water in a 24 hour period. I also eat organic food.

Peace, alan
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2006 :  5:21:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Babaly, I appreciate your post, and I think you are trying to say something useful and interesting and true, but I think you have confused some of the details, which I'd like to try to fix.

Babaly said:
Actually urine is not the body getting rid of toxins. Toxins and waste matter that is harmful to the body is taken care by the bowels.
<SNIP>
Then this nutrient-filled blood gets to the liver where toxins are removed and then that gets excreted through solid waste.

There is a mistake there; there is no conduit from the liver to the bowels (OK, minor exception, there is bile, but that's a special thing, not 'waste' and not essential for life).

Babaly siad:
The function of the kidneys is to keep the blood BALANCED not clean. They seperate out what is just not needed at that moment by the body.

Yes, there is some truth in this, depending on how you look at it. On the one hand, pretty much everything is 'toxic' to the body at some levels, so there is no fine dividing line between balancing and 'removing of toxins'.

But I think what is true is that the kidneys are generally only removing minor toxins; the more 'major' ones tend to be broken down by the liver into the more minor ones; the kidneys then remove the more minor ones. As a result of this, urine has very low toxicity.

One way of looking at it is that our livers could helpfully be classified as a part of our excretory systems.

My theory is that amaroli works by creating a minor 'shock' by suddenly increasing the level of these minor toxins. This stimulates the body's defenses into action.

Edited by - david_obsidian on Jun 17 2006 5:23:09 PM
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2006 :  5:29:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry Alan.. I guess when you said "I drink it all the time.".. you did not mean every time.. My bad..
Go to Top of Page

alan

USA
235 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2006 :  7:53:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit alan's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
No problem sista'

One might expect such from me

Peace, alan
Go to Top of Page

Babaly

USA
112 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2006 :  9:04:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Babaly's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Guys,

Thanks for your post David and Shanti.... I am not a doctor... but the info I got was from a group of doctors that were interviewed for a book on the subject.

I put it in layman's terms and didn't feel like writing out the whole process but thought I would give the main gist...

Which is .... the stuff is great.... it won't harm you... it can heal you and help in meditation...

Alan... it sounds like you are really benefitting from the process.. YEA!

Babaly
Go to Top of Page

Babaly

USA
112 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2006 :  9:09:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Babaly's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
David,

David wrote:
"My theory is that amaroli works by creating a minor 'shock' by suddenly increasing the level of these minor toxins. This stimulates the body's defenses into action."

I am very interested in your theory....where did you get your information to support it? What makes you think that? Is it your theory or is it some researchers or medical experts theory?

Babaly
Go to Top of Page

sadhak

India
604 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2006 :  9:54:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit sadhak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
[quoteI drink a minimum of 100 ozs. of water in a 24 hour period. I also eat organic food.
[/quote]

Been reading on amaroli with interest, because a query came up to me from somewhere on this. I take these things signposts for my journey ahead. Just read this whole thread in detail. Babably's post on the medic aspec answers the query.

Elsewhere I read this whole pep talk Shiva gives Parvati, stating the kind of benefits month by month. But then he goes on to say that you've to be careful about what you put inside you. Apparently salt, sour, and bitter are a no-no. (Which makes it tough, alright... there's little else left)

Maybe Alan is taking to this like a fish in... er...pee because he at least eats organic food. Which seems to indicate he's pretty into eating 'healthy'. Is that true Alan?

Then there was this other info I ran into that said that Vaata and Pitta doshas are likely to show more response than the Kapha types. So there seem to be a lot of visible variables working here.

The energy rise attracts me tremendously, coz I slump very very fast. I'm inspired by all you peers, and am going to try it, but only after I finish my current schedule of work. Don't know how fishy I am yet.

Edited by - sadhak on Jun 17 2006 10:06:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2006 :  7:09:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Babaly asked
I am very interested in your theory....where did you get your information to support it? What makes you think that? Is it your theory or is it some researchers or medical experts theory?

It's still at the level of a theory -- I have no research or proof behind it. The idea that amaroli works by returning 'toxins' to the body does not originate with me. What I did think of myself is that it works by suddenly increasing the levels of these 'toxins' rather than merely increasing toxins per se.

This came to me from a line of deductive reasoning. When you think about it, these things like urea in the blood (which the kidneys eliminate) just have to be kept in balance. If you drink your urine, you just return an amount that takes a certain amount of time to eliminate (say two hours). So by drinking urine, you'll hardly bring the blood into a state that it has not been in before. You aren't adding anything to the blood that has not been there already. So the question arises, how can drinking urine do anything to your health, if the blood has been in this state before a short while ago? Actually, Alvin asked this question directly on the forum some time ago. Apparently it occured to him independently.

My only explanation is that the body is 'shocked' by the sudden change in blood levels brough about by the urine-drinking; there was an equilibrium and it is suddenly lost, which spurs the body into action.

This makes sense -- the body can be stimulated by mere sudden changes, which are a kind of 'shock'. For example, if you were sleeping in a room and the temperature suddenly dropped to much cooler, that could wake you up -- while you would have no problem sleeping on if it had been cool the whole time.

Observe that the yoga tradition recommends eating nothing within half an hour or so after drinking the amaroli. This ties in with the 'suddenness' theory, because if you eat food it would slow the absorption of the urine, and reduce the shock and therefore the effectiveness.

Edited by - david_obsidian on Jun 18 2006 7:15:50 PM
Go to Top of Page

sadhak

India
604 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2006 :  11:22:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit sadhak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi David,
That sounds quite logical. I was wondering about this. Does this mean that the payoff comes only from the body going into overtime cleaning mode? Which could be why fevers get triggered... antibodies in frenzied action. But then, it should also be that anyone suffering from long-term disease will get more intense reaction... like homeopathic pills (someone did mention it). Toxins inside would all come rushing out. Which also brings up the point of what you put inside yourself. Morarji Desai, a former prime minister of India, did Amaroli(lived to 99, with ill health only in the last year or so of his life. He lived on fruit, milk and nuts, as far as I know. That's a difficult diet for most people to sustain.
Go to Top of Page

Alvin Chan

Hong Kong
407 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2006 :  11:25:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi David,

Here are some thoughts on testing your theory, at least to a certain extent.

First of all, my method works only if the benefits of Amaroli is partly short-term, or at least some of the benefits can be noticed shortly after you drink the morning urine. I am not sure if it is the case, since I am not a regular practioner of Amaroli (too busy recently!!). It's difficult for me to tell its effects on me. But from many of the posts here, it appears to me that many of you experience an immediate benefits.

So let's make this assumption.

I notice that the first stream in the morning has a distinctive smell. I believe it is due to the hormonal secretions at night, which are being filtrated out in the morning. ?? I'm not sure since the smell is occasionally present at other time. Anyway, the traditional theory (the nutritious theory) says that it is such hormones in the urine that nourish us.

The theory goes on for other nutrients, but I don't see why we would be benefited by, e.g. the minerals in urine more than by drinking (say) mineral water. Only the nutrients that are manufactured by our own body with some energy expedition are convincing enough to be important.

If the nutritious theory is correct to a certain extent, then properly the first morning stream is really different. (even though there are indeed some other hormones in every stream) So why don't we just experiment with the 2nd or 3rd stream in stead of the first?

If your "suddenness" theory is the main account for Amaroli's effects, David, the other stream should not be very much different from the first in terms of their effects.

We can drink more water in the morning, discard the first stream, do some yoga practices until the second come and drink it. May be we have to drink more since the 2nd stream is probably more diluted in its wastes content. Then wait (or practice) for some time before our breakfast.

Any adaptations or comments are welcomed. My method only tells us something if there's a difference in using the other stream of urine: that the "suddenness" theory is not enough to account for all effects of Amaroli. But it tells us very little if you guys find them to have more or less the same results.

Let's head towards a scientific exploration of yoga!!

Alvin

p.s. Oh, again I am thinking too much and doing too little. But I will certainly do the experiment on my own if I could have walked out of this busy and uncertain life. Hopefully I can, soon.

Edited by - Alvin Chan on Jun 19 2006 09:55:55 AM
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2006 :  11:31:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Alvin said:
My method only tells us something if there's a difference in using the other stream of urine: that the "suddenness" theory is not enough to account for all effects of Amaroli

Thanks Alvin, and, actually, I have done the experiment already: urine taken later in the day does have a strong effect on me, just like in the morning, just as it should if the 'suddenness' theory is true.

Yes, I don't expect that there is only one 'mode of action' of amaroli -- there may be additional hormonally-related modes of action. Some researchers have said that there is melatonin in morning-urine, for example, which could suggest particular benefits to taking it in the morning.

But what I do feel is that the main benefit for me anyway is hormetic (mild toxic stimulation) and that this has a dependence on the suddenness.

Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2006 :  11:41:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

sadhak siad:
Does this mean that the payoff comes only from the body going into overtime cleaning mode?

I really only want to suggest that one, and maybe a major, 'mode of action' of the benefit comes from, speaking in a loose sense, stimulating the body into overtime cleaning mode. Which does indeed explain the fevers and so on.

Look on it as a chemical workout, a chemical fire-drill every morning. Your inner chemical fire-fighters were in the habit of getting up slowly every morning, then looking forward to spending the morning playing cards and eating twinkies and getting fat in the common-room, and grumpily, some days, going out to fight a fire here and there. Then there is a change of policy and an alarm starts going off every morning and they have to go on a drill every morning and keep fit. Will they be fitter and better fire-fighters as a result? You bet!
Go to Top of Page

Alvin Chan

Hong Kong
407 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2006 :  11:57:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
ic. So may be people shouldn't hesitate to try amaroli if they ate too much protein the night before or if they forget to take the first morning-urine (both are the main reasons why I skip amaroli even when I remember)

Now I may resume it. I am pretty sure taking too much (say 10 ml) will have a negative effects on me, but so far there're no really strong or even observable positive effects. Perhaps I shall keep the practice nonstop for sometime, and start with 10 drops?

By the way, David, did you try stopping Amaroli for sometime to test whether the effects( esp the relatively long-term one such as faster healing of wound, etc) are really due to Amaroli?

Edited by - Alvin Chan on Jun 19 2006 12:02:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2006 :  6:20:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Alvin said:
By the way, David, did you try stopping Amaroli for sometime to test whether the effects( esp the relatively long-term one such as faster healing of wound, etc) are really due to Amaroli?

I didn't go as far as that yet. But I did stop for some days due to circumstances, and I did feel the want of it after a while.

Subjectively, missing/needing it feels somewhat like missing/needing exercise.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000