New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2006 :  8:49:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome Scott.

Wow, the first thing you post on is amaroli.. I am glad you thought it was "jam packed with "vitality"! "

Thank you for joining us.

Edited by - Shanti on Jun 02 2006 11:56:55 AM
Go to Top of Page

Babaly

USA
112 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2006 :  9:42:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Babaly's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks so much everyone for your posts!!!!!!

I am going to start...

Thanks Meg for your suggestion of just one tablespoon in water and then going on from there....that's sound nice and steady..

Alan!!!! You are a hoot!

"P.S. I have to laugh When i would consider taking up my spiritual practice I never thought I'd be sticking my tongue up the back-side of my nose and drinking my pee!"

this made me laugh so much :-)

Isn't it amazing how we are all so compact and complete within ourselves.... God gave us everything..... right here in this body...

I feel so grateful....

Especially to all of you and Yogani. This site has helped me tremendously. Thanks:-)

bottoms up!!!!
Babaly
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2006 :  10:05:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Meg said:
and I highly recommend not [ ] even mentioning that you do this. It doesn't go over well.

Yip. It's not worth telling most people that you are amarollin'. Not in the Western World anyway.

One Indian president was quite open about his amaroli practice. Could you imagine a US president getting away with that! No way!
Go to Top of Page

Babaly

USA
112 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2006 :  2:50:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Babaly's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi there,

Well I have offically begun my amaroli practice and it was very easy. I was surprized.

It didn't taste bad at all just kinda salty and very clean taste.....

Also, I expected it to be hot but it wasn't it was kinda room temp.

It was easy and painless.

I will keep you up-to-date with any more discoveries, if I have any :-)

Babaly

Go to Top of Page

Babaly

USA
112 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2006 :  2:56:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Babaly's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Alan?

How are doing with your amaroli??

Are you still doing it? Are you okay after your 22 oz extravaganza:-)

Would love to hear your thoughts as we are both new to this.

Babaly
Go to Top of Page

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2006 :  3:02:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That's great news, Babaly! Welcome to the pee-drinkers club. Thanks to this thread that you started I've increased my urine to a half cup. The bad news with this is that it does make the drink warmer, which I agree isn't very appetizing. I'm seriously considering adding an ice cube.
Go to Top of Page

vishnu

United Kingdom
14 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2006 :  3:49:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit vishnu's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi everyone,I am very tempted to start the amaroli therapy,
but i understand if you are taking certain tablets, it's not adviceable.
Can anyone advice and confirmed please,
Thanks.
Divine Love

Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2006 :  4:43:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Meg, what do you do during your periods.. do you continue amaroli?
Go to Top of Page

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2006 :  4:48:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Shanti - I skip it on day 1, maybe on day 2, but my flow is much lighter than it used to be so I don't really need to. I also skip it if I've had something decadent the night before, like a martini, and definitely not after eating asparagus! :)
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2006 :  8:23:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Vishnu,

It depends on what tablets you take, so you'll need to talk to your doctor first. Yes, it's embarassing to let your doctor know that you drink your own pee but it's much better than being hospitalized for going into shock or possibly dying. If you aren't able to do amaroli, it isn't that big of a deal. I have trouble imagining someone being sad/mad because they couldn't drink their own pee .

-Scott
Go to Top of Page

Babaly

USA
112 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2006 :  9:24:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Babaly's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Shanti for bringing that up - I was going to ask Meg too:-)

It's funny - looking back on today - I feel a little stronger - I went and did a 90 mins yoga class and came home rarin' to go.
Usually I am wiped after that.

I just finished reading a book on amaroli and they mention that it's better to drink it undiluted in water. So this morning I drank just like a 1/2 of an ounce. I will make it a bit more tomorrow.

cheers!

Babaly
Go to Top of Page

alan

USA
235 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2006 :  02:39:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit alan's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Babaly

Yes I'm still drinkin'

2-3 four oz. servings in the morning, undiluted

seems to help with energy

tinkles, alan
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2006 :  10:33:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Meg said:
The bad news with this is that it does make the drink warmer, which I agree isn't very appetizing.

Think seaweed soup. Or nettle soup.
Go to Top of Page

Yoda

USA
284 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2006 :  2:41:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Yoda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All,

I've been doing it on and off for about a year or two.

At first just think of it as a homeopathic treatment and just take a very tiny bit in the morning shower.

First thing in the morning is key. The energy of the urine has a nice charge to it then, and that's mentioned in Chinese teachings.

Just take a taste in the shower until you are past the gross-out phase and then take as much as you like.

It doesn't have to be a daily practice either, it can be a pick-me-up, if you feel a cold coming on, once a week, etc. It's like checking the oil of your car. Just a taste gives you non-verbal information after you've been doing it a bit and you sort of adjust your aura a bit. Something like that.

While I'm sure that there are actual chemical benefits, I think that the primary benefits are vibrational/homeopathic. Maybe it's taking a bladder vibe and distributing it around the system that helps energy move more smoothly amongst the different organ systems. Maybe it's taking the night vibe and adding it to the daytime. Maybe it's straight up homeopathic theory. Some say that even just smelling their pee helps impart a homeopathic benefit on an energy level.

There's also a psychological benefit too. Yogani mentioned this in his post about simply getting over aversion towards things that leave the body. For some reason I have definitely benefitted by getting over my aversion to peepee. It has helped some of my other aversions like from particular bugs, certain forms of intimacy(), etc. For some reason, just getting over this aversion has a benefit.

This practice hasn't "changed my life" but every little change adds up, and it doesn't take any time to do. So, it's a 'free' practice in that respect, so might as well look into it.

Finally, I have a very hard time getting a rise out of my family any more, but bragging about this practice works great!! Just use it on people who can handle it, of course.

Don't tell Mom!

-Yoda
Go to Top of Page

alan

USA
235 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2006 :  7:59:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit alan's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I like it!

I think I'm getting addicted
Go to Top of Page

vishnu

United Kingdom
14 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2006 :  8:52:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit vishnu's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Scott, thanks for the info, I will have to wait for more response from the forum ,anybody with the same problem.
The tablets are for high blood pressure and cholesterol, I understand after amaroli treatment I might not
need those tablets.
Go to Top of Page

nandhi

USA
362 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2006 :  7:22:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit nandhi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
aum

thirumandiram, one of the ancient siddhar writings guides us on amaroli.

utilizing yogic wisdom, this is a thought offered.

- do not drink the first pee in the morning. contains too much bile.
- drink lots of water and do not drink this pee again.
- do your yoga/meditate and empower our pee. now do the amaroli.
- most yogis believe that the more we meditate, the more rejuvenating the amaroli job is.
- advisable to not do the amaroli when we have tamasic substance in us (as in the food or drink we may have had) or when we have not been within our center.
- utilze the act of amaroli to work in tantric insights. while peeing, stop in between, and feel a mini explosion below at the muladhara and take the energies up to the third eye. learning this inner pattern of energy, utilize this subtle map of guidance through the larger energies in a sexual orgasm.

aum

with folded hands!aum
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2006 :  7:28:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That's interesting, Nandhi. I've read that taking the first pee was the best, because the body is at rest all night. It makes sense to do it after meditation, because our bodies go into samadhi and it'd have the same effect. I'll have to try it...thanks!

-Scott
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2006 :  7:46:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I was taught by my ayurvedic teacher to drink first in teh morning but to drink the midstream, to realease a little before filling your cup and then releasing the rest. it was recommended to have a low protein vegetarian diet as well but from i have read and observed it is better to do anyway even if the diet is not perfect but not to do large amounts, maybe 1 cup in the morning
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2006 :  8:01:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

My morning amaroli seems to both invigorate my mind, and pull it inward (much like an asana held for a long time), which is ideal for meditation. I do it before meditation, which certainly seems right for me. I think some ancient yogic texts recommend that too (which is not a proof of course that it is the best way).

There is another practical reason for preferring to do it before meditation. Who wants to meditate while wanting to pee?

Go to Top of Page

nandhi

USA
362 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2006 :  01:43:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit nandhi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
aum

thanks scot.
victor, 'mid stream' as mentioned in the thirumandiram in its context is, not too much bile, not too much water. ofcourse each master has thier own guidance, thoughts and experience in this.
it is said that amaroli acquires its rejuvenative properties with the tapas done. some of the yogis also lick themselves.

a spiritual friend of mine, murali (who was an intellectual, a doctorate in ayurveda) did many years research with sages who lived for part in caves meditating. his conclusion was- amaroli stimulates melatonin secretion to enable rejuvenation; eases the allergic reactions of certain food and drink we may have had not knowing it was not in tune with our body; and provides a balance to our metabolism. murali expired 4 months back. he would have loved to contribute his learning here!

i prefer to do amaroli once a week, at the end of my day long meditation. ofcourse, each one of us do it the way it is most suitable and right for ourselves.

meanwhile, yes- a step back into nature and our inner radiant self that is ever healing and rejuvenating in its giving as we get closer to be being One!

aum

with folded hands!aum
Go to Top of Page

alan

USA
235 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2006 :  1:21:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit alan's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Been using amaroli for a couple of weeks now (I think it's been that long) and am noticing a skin lesion from too many years working in the sun are going away. Don't know if it's because of the pee, I'll keep watching.

Peace, alan
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2006 :  9:38:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The most noticeable thing for me was the change in my skin. It's definitely the pee, in my opinion.

-Scott
Go to Top of Page

alan

USA
235 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2006 :  5:47:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit alan's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Just thought I'd continue to list interesting changes I'm noticing like the disappearing skin lesion mentioned above. Not sure if these changes are related to amaroli. And I'll add that I drink a good amount of the stuff all day.

Here's the newest:

All my life I've sneezed in a series of three sneezes, never fails. Of course on occassion it will vary, but was 99% three sneezes. Suddenly, for about a week now, the third sneeze doesn't come, and the now two sneezes are more gentle. May not sound like much, but this is a change in a life-long pattern. I have seasonal allergies and nothing is "in bloom" right now, so I can't yet observe a major allergic reaction sneezing. I'm hoping that my allergies will subside as well as they have sometimes been quite severe and once landed me in the hospital with an asthmatic reaction.

Hoping I post more good changes like these. I'm thinking amaroli is a wonderful thing.

Peace, alan
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2006 :  2:32:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I just increased to day from 6-8 oz to 10-12 just to chime in. first day of increase
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000