Tantric Self-Inquiry
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2012 :  09:25:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Just reached me on FB...

"If you want to change the world… love a woman…..one woman beyond yourself, beyond desire and reason. Stand in the middle of the soul’s fire and burning through your resistance to Love. Look into Her eyes and see…..really see if she is the one to bring the axe to your head, to severe you from the old life so that you can enter the new.

If you want to change the world… love a woman. Love her for
life….beyond your fear of death. Don’t tell her you’re willing to die for her. Say you’re willing to LIVE with her, plant trees with her and watch them grow. Be her hero by telling her how beautiful she is in her vulnerable majesty, by helping her to remember every day that she is a Goddess through your integrity, adoration and devotion.

If you want to change the world… love a woman in all her faces, through all her seasons and she will heal you of your double-mindedness and half-heartedness which keeps your Spirit and body separate- which keeps you alone and always looking outside your Self for something to make your life worth living.

If you want to change the world… love a woman, just one woman. Love and protect her as if she is the last holy vessel. Love her through her fear of abandonment which she has been holding for all of humanity. No, the wound is not hers to heal alone. No, she is not weak in her co-dependence.

If you want to change the world… love a woman all the way through until she believes you, until her instincts, her visions, her voice, her art, her passion, her wildness have returned to her- until she is a force of love more powerful than all the forces that seek to devalue and destroy her.

If you want to change the world, lay down your causes, your guns. Lay down your inner war, your righteous anger and love a woman… beyond all of your striving for greatness, beyond your tenacious quest for enlightenment. The holy grail stands before you if you would only take her in your arms and let go of searching for something beyond this intimacy.

What if peace is a dream which can only be remembered through the heart of Woman? What if a man’s true love for Woman, the Way of the Feminine is the key to opening Her heart?

If you want to change the world…love a woman to the depths of your shadow, to the highest reaches of your Being, back to the Garden where you first met her, to the gateway of the rainbow realm where you walk through together as One, to the point of no return, to the ends and the beginning of a new Earth."

-Lisa Citore

Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2012 :  4:05:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Lovely poem of course written by a woman.I have loved women with the depth and fullness of myself. I have never seen a poem like that addressed to women to exhort them to love a man in that way. The reality seems to be that this sort of love is reserved by a woman for her child. For now I'll take the motorcycle, thank you.

Edited by - Victor on Aug 31 2012 4:08:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2012 :  4:32:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry for the bitterness in that reply. Once in a blue moon this sentiment comes out and i don't mean for it to be too much of a sour note so I apologize but decided not to delete it.
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2012 :  4:59:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Not an inaccurate observation Victor, regarding women writing such things! It would be ideal if that sentiment is mutual in a relationship, wouldn't it?

Glad you have that with your motorcycle

Love,
kami
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2012 :  01:51:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
this poem is a way too sentimental and utopian...please please love me style...sorry not for me
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2012 :  03:09:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, and I expected to be scolded for negativity :)
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2012 :  03:18:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
it is not negativity...it is come down to earth
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2012 :  06:16:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Victor

Wow, and I expected to be scolded for negativity :)

You must have forgotten where you are?
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2012 :  1:21:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh, my oh my... I found the poem touch me to the core. I'm totally lost right now in a love like that, inevitably unfolding in a reciprocal way... God will hopefully save me if it's not True and not Love...
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2012 :  4:09:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh I am not criticizing your feelings of Love, EMC. I am a true romantic at heart, just a disappointed one I guess. If you give your man the same devotion that is expressed in that poem and it is shared then you are both truly among the fortunate ones!
I think that my disappointment over the years comes from a peculiar american modern phenomena of women rebelling against perceived traditional roles that they themselves never even experienced but that leads to a certain breed of self glorification.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2012 :  4:50:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
dear emc
it is not criticism....
just saying that i am not into co dependent relations....and as a woman i am not the savior of anyone...
as for the world,why do u want to change it? it is good as it is....
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2012 :  7:44:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by emc
If you want to change the world, lay down your causes, your guns. Lay down your inner war, your righteous anger and love a woman… beyond all of your striving for greatness, beyond your tenacious quest for enlightenment. The holy grail stands before you if you would only take her in your arms and let go of searching for something beyond this intimacy.

Solid.

Of course, let's not forget Monty Python's Quest for the Holy Grail, in which Sir Galahad the Chaste nearly meets his demise via seduction by the fair maidens of Castle Anthrax!
Go to Top of Page

Rajeev Sethi

India
50 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2012 :  10:26:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by maheswari

just saying that i am not into co dependent relations....and as a woman i am not the savior of anyone...

That is true FREEDOM.
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2012 :  11:22:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Victor

I am a true romantic at heart, just a disappointed one I guess. If you give your man the same devotion that is expressed in that poem and it is shared then you are both truly among the fortunate ones!
I think that my disappointment over the years comes from a peculiar american modern phenomena of women rebelling against perceived traditional roles that they themselves never even experienced but that leads to a certain breed of self glorification.

Hi Victor

That rebellion is really rooted in the "collective subconscious" (as Jung would say) of women being oppressed for centuries.

Must admit that I too had always been a die-hard romantic, and such a piece of writing would have moved me to tears a bit ago..

What I'm coming to see is that this desire to be loved in a particular way by another is just another mind concept, often arising from what we "think" it should be like.. Once I saw past those (ridiculous) mind constructs, there is *only* love.. There is a sense of being "in love", and for the first time, not "with" anyone - just madly, deeply in love.. And everything is perfect and beautiful and romantic as is, without the "need" for another.. And when there is the other, it flows naturally, perfectly, not according to some "idea" or "prescription" of romance, but what is right in the moment..

Love,
kami
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2012 :  03:29:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't know if this will be helpful or not, but I will share anyway.

I don't think the real question here should be whether or not monogamy is a more fruitful style of relationship than polyamory. In my experience every situation is as fruitful as we are willing to allow it to be. Or another way of saying that would be to say that the fruit born out of a specific relationship is in direct proportion to our willingness to be open, honest and vulnerable with both ourselves and our partner(s).

I do know some long term, happy, polyamorous couples and it seems to work for them. I also know some long term, happy, monogamous couples. And I know unhappy people in both types of relationships as well. I think that both can be as fruitful as the other depending on the individuals involved.

Something that may be worth noting here though is that, in my experience, romantic love seems entirely fickle and transient and not a great reason to get into a relationship with someone. The most fruitful relationships I have been in have been ones where the love felt is not of a romantic nature, but instead of a deeper (very hard to put words to) nature. These relationships have nothing to do with sex appeal and everything to do with mutual respect, honor and gratefulness for what the other brings to the table. For me, it is these relationships that push me to look at myself closer, to really dig deep into who I believe myself to be, and to do what is needed to grow together. But I don't feel that in order to have a relationship like this one has to be monogamous. But, that is coming from someone who is entirely inexperienced with polyamory so this is likely not incredibly relavent. I think the only people who can really say whether monogamy is more "useful" than polygamy would be someone who has experienced both... and even then they will only be speaking from their own personal experience and cannot say how things will be for another. I should really just stop talking now.

Love!
Carson

Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2012 :  6:53:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Agreed. All except the "vulnerability" part. That's one of those trendy terms that gets thrown around constantly by psychotherapists as a supposedly necessary trait of a healthy partner in a relationship. Being "honest and open" are indeed worthwhile to me, but "vulnerability" makes me think of a Jackass episode in which the guys are kicking each other in the balls. I'd rather be intimate, creative, flexible, and strong--instead of vulnerable. The only worthy cause for being deliberately vulnerable--to me--would be walking into a dangerous situation for the sake of an ishta (like MLK Jr. or Gandhi's non-violent resistance).

Thank you for the great post, I just wanted to comment on that vulnerability point because it's been a linguistic/behavorial sandspur in my side for a little while.
Go to Top of Page

Namath

350 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2012 :  7:21:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
over here...just the touch or presence of Jesus and/or Ma Kali makes me full and forget all about earthy matters.

can't see how an earthly man can fulfill or replace this kind of Love.

But I love children very much and would love to go through motherhood experience one day if God wish.Obviously ,I'll need an earthy man for that....or maybe not

[img]icon_heart.gif[/img]

Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2012 :  9:07:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Bodhi

Is there a potential that you have a hangup surrounding the word (or concept) of vulnerability? To me, being open and honest automatically makes one vulnerable. I actually can't see how one who is open and honest could *not* be vulnerable. Perhaps I'm missing your point?

Love!
Carson
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2012 :  9:33:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I think I didn't phrase it properly. It seems that the vulnerability happens automatically, as you say. That very much resonates with me. My hang-up I think is that I would resist someone pushing me (like a psychotherapist) to become vulnerable as a primary means of enlightenment within a relationship. Know what I mean? If I'm rooted in stillness, then I can allow the full emotional spectrum to play across the peaceful witness of my aware heart-mind.

Vulnerability is more of an effect, than a cause--I think. Seeking vulnerability as a cause would seem to invite "being wounded", rather than accepting pain as an inevitable part of life. Fine line between inviting/seeking and allowing/accepting.

That was really more of a tangential, opinionated post than a direct comment on your post.

Thank you for entertaining my confusing diversion!
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2012 :  10:51:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Of course vulnerability wouldn't be something you choose. That would be more like tantric self injury.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2012 :  10:59:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
LOL, Etherfish! Brilliant stroke. I am tickled, indeed.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2012 :  01:37:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thank you Carson and Bodhi Tree...very insightful!
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2012 :  03:11:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I did not take it as criticism. I just do not agree that the poem is displaying romantic love. For me, what's written is True Tantra and the way OUT of co-dependency and romance. It's the total opposite of romance... It's bhakti, passion, total devotion, radical honesty and True Intimacy - not with the other as a person, but the Essence of Being - Life. I see the whole poem urging to Love What Is. No matter what it is. And when we are in a relationship we WILL be presented with everything we have left to heal. Loving how Love and Life expresses itself through the partner no matter what that looks like is the real challenge. It's going beyond the person, the body, the behaviour and see that it's all Life Expressing itself. Learning to love that is loving "God" more than yourself, and a tantric way of living. In a relationship we are mostly interested in "what's in it for ME". That's romance, ego-driven and leads to co-dependency as I see it. When we are ready to drop that assumption and expectations of what the other will do for me, we're into true surrender. It chrystalizes extremely well in a relationship whether we are ready to make that shift from conditional to unconditional love or not. Many have ideas of becoming more loving from spiritual practices and to love everything unconditionally. A relationship is a great test. If we can learn to love at least ONE person unconditionally, we can start pondering to continue to love everybody, like Jesus and the other saints.

Edited by - emc on Sep 06 2012 03:32:03 AM
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2012 :  03:33:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Poem seemed a bit meh to me.

I don't know, I love my wife, she loves me. We respect each other as different people and give each other room and encouragement to grow. She taught me things as I taught her things. We are way beyond husband and wife, we are far beyond best of friends. I read that poem and it doesn't ring true, it's a bit sloppy. It's a bit 'woman on a pedestal' and men are tough minded and need breaking like horses. It seems like she doesn't understand men and has generalised.

I haven't got a gun, I don't even own a knife. I'm not searching for enlightenment either.

Hmm think I will take the Ducati for a blast. Clear the cobwebs coming Victor ?
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2012 :  04:09:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
It's a bit 'woman on a pedestal'

well said Karl
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000