Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Wild times
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

NSB

Australia
32 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2012 :  04:00:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I'm a bit of a new ager. And I'm not a consistent meditator. But I want to know if you sensitive people have noticed this phenomenon I am going to call "2012 purification". I read a lot of channeled material on the internet which refers to this.

They say we are going to ascend as a planet. There has been a lot of negativity lately as a part of the purification. It may seem personal but it is not. It's planetary and harmless.

I can definitely affirm that things got personally bumpy for me lately, how about you lot?

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2012 :  05:20:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I feel it. What many people call "The end of the world", because they are following fear-based belief systems, is really the end of one era and the beginning of another.
That point is the end of this year, and I feel the quickening. I am super busy and could use more hours in each day to get things done.

Personally I think there could be a split in the world where you can choose to be more negative, or more positive, and whether you ascend or fall is totally a choice.
Having faith in your ishta helps to make sure you are on the positive side of things, and meditation helps to reduce the stress. Choose wisely.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2012 :  11:49:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've definitely noticed what could be called "2012 purification." I had no idea there was a term for it, but I felt a shift within the first week of January this year (and have posted about it several times here at the forum). Things were very bumpy for me for the first six months and only lately have things really started to smooth out. And when I say "smooth out" I mean I'm finally starting to be able to relax and accept the turmoil instead of resist it, not that the bumpiness has abated.

Love!
Carson
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2012 :  1:30:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Among the things I try to keep up with, the "2012" thing isn't one of them, but everything feels like it is moving in fast forward if you ever get caught in any daydreaming mode. Hours sometimes feel like minutes, and this has been accelerating year after year. I figure it may be an effect of meditation, or of just normal aging. I'm sometimes playful with it by pretending to timeshift in fast forward or slow motion depending on state of mind.

Etherfish, what is this so-called quickening?
Go to Top of Page

Namath

350 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2012 :  2:18:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

Yes, I feel it. What many people call "The end of the world", because they are following fear-based belief systems, is really the end of one era and the beginning of another.
That point is the end of this year, and I feel the quickening. I am super busy and could use more hours in each day to get things done.

Dear Etherfish;

Islam believes it's the end of the world but it's not a fear based belief system.It's a beautiful religion but one has to get to know it deeply before prejudging.

Islam develops beautiful qualities such as Courage,mercy,forgiveness,love and surrender to Allah.

So is Christainity ,I see a beautiful religion and some of the most beautiful souls I've met belong to this religion.

As a matter of fact,all religions are equally beautiful,where is exactly the fear based belief system?

Just an opinion,the fear the Love all in us…not in the systems.

@AumNaturel...something brought my attention in your reply.the day dreaming part.
Had a long hard working day and the moment I closed my eyes I saw a human figure in black surrounded by white light ...I knew instantly it belongs to my grandma <she passed away when i was six>.few days later we got a call that her graveyard has been tempered with....
things like that happen all the time,where I get connected to spirits I don't choose to...and that detaches me from any interest in the outward except the work that needs to be done .I wonder if i shall be alerted or just take it easily and accept lovingly.So far I've been choosing the latter.

[img]icon_heart.gif[/img]

Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2012 :  2:52:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AumNaturel

It is just what you are talking about- time seems to be moving faster; every planet in our solar system has increasing energy, some warming, others different energies increasing.

Quickening is the sign of a coming birth- when a pregnant mother feels the first movement of life within her. The global quickening felt is the coming birth of a new age.
Many feel it is the end, and it may be for them.

-----------
Namath, I wasn't speaking of religions; many religions from ancient times call this the quickening, and they believe it leads to heaven on earth.

The fear-based belief systems I was writing of are people who are preparing for violence. People are gathering guns; the Russians are building huge underground cities; some countries are preparing nuclear bombs; warships are deployed; survivalists are stockpiling supplies; our government has set up many fenced in "camps" that can hold thousands of people under guard. That's what I meant by fear-based beliefs.
Go to Top of Page

Namath

350 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2012 :  3:39:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
@Etherfish forgive my misunderstanding and thank you for clarification.

Maybe Imam Ali was not referring to actual end of the physical world who knows.

Please don't mention violence...It breaks my heart to feel the heaviness in the air over here :' ....feels like I'm carrying rocks on my skin sometimes

May God give us Peace & Strength

Love.
Go to Top of Page

Swan

India
256 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2012 :  01:32:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
!!So it is called '2012 purification'!!

Right from the first week of this year I started feeling overloaded, and I am yet to go back to a stable routine. I have been through very distracting period in March and April. Though I am doing pretty much well now, I am doubtful whether I can take up practice rightnow. I should mention here that a lot of great things also happened to me in the meantime, like a heart opening or flow of amrita for the first time.

Thanks for the post, it is good to know that not much is wrong with me particularly and it will pass in its own time

Love...
Go to Top of Page

SparklingDiamond

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2012 :  05:51:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Swan I can relate to that!!

This year has been tough! But very much on an internal struggle, not so much on the outside circumstances have changed, but personal issues have definitely come to a head, where they can't be ignored any longer.

So very challenging times, and I knew instinctively it was related to the '2012' phenomena

Why do you think practise would be an issue for you ? Would it not help?
Go to Top of Page

SparklingDiamond

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2012 :  06:24:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

quote:
Originally posted by AumNaturel

It is just what you are talking about- time seems to be moving faster; every planet in our solar system has increasing energy, some warming, others different energies increasing.

Quickening is the sign of a coming birth- when a pregnant mother feels the first movement of life within her. The global quickening felt is the coming birth of a new age.
Many feel it is the end, and it may be for them.

-----------
Namath, I wasn't speaking of religions; many religions from ancient times call this the quickening, and they believe it leads to heaven on earth.

The fear-based belief systems I was writing of are people who are preparing for violence. People are gathering guns; the Russians are building huge underground cities; some countries are preparing nuclear bombs; warships are deployed; survivalists are stockpiling supplies; our government has set up many fenced in "camps" that can hold thousands of people under guard. That's what I meant by fear-based beliefs.

Yes time is going sooo sooo fast!

But I figured that just had to do with getting older, and with that, more responsiblity making it seem like time is going faster.

Definitely going faster for me every year...

Go to Top of Page

Swan

India
256 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2012 :  04:14:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi SparklingDiamond!

Yes, here also it is not so much about the the outside circumstances.

I am not doing practice primarily because high pressure at a physical level in ajna chakra and surrounding area, and energy movements, also covering my face and crown sometimes. So I went on for self pacing and over the initial weeks I cut my practice down to nothing.

I think practice will be an issue because this was very distracting as concentrating on work or study was higly difficult when it was worst. And some of the symptoms are still there at a mild level, which increases slightly if I try some practice. So I am on self-pace mode. It's just taking much longer than I thought.

Knowing the possible reason would not help much as the feeling is on the physical level, and I dont want to get into that disturbing state of too high pressure knowingly. I think only relief from the pressure, as and when it happens, will pave my way to practice.
Go to Top of Page

SparklingDiamond

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2012 :  07:06:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Swan

I noticed that in my meditation practise, I wasn't getting the same benefits, as I would normally,. Normally very quickly that i got back into my meditation, i would notice a huge improvement in my personal life. Wasn't going to be so easy this time. There was something much powerful, important and cleansing work to be done by my inner self.

I had to 'work' harder for the same results. It felt like a lot of 'stuff' was being uprooted and cleansed within my psyche. That the superficial benefits were no longer enough. It is like a powerful inner spring cleaning. 2012. :)

Edited by - SparklingDiamond on Aug 21 2012 08:21:48 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000