Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 More on Khechari Mudra
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Anibaru

Chile
72 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2012 :  09:45:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone!,

I would like ask if someone has some kind of measures on the Khechari (ala Da Vinci with then golden rate in the body)

I've been practicing Talabya Kriya for about 9 months, my frenum is already 6 cm. long, and my mouth is not going to open much more to keep stretching it, (in fact i can´t open more my mouth doing Talabya)
My tongue can almost reach the bottom part of my chin.

Then i've tried to get my tongue to Khechari phase 2, and when i do it my frenum doesn´t seem to reach its limit, but still i can´t get my tongue to the right place.

So, how long would the tongue and frenum need to be in order to reach phase 2?

Much Thanks for any leads

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2012 :  5:16:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If you can touch the tip of your tongue to the tip of your nose you are in the ballpark
Go to Top of Page

Anibaru

Chile
72 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2012 :  3:22:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well ... i need "more tongue" in order to reach the tip of my nose. Guess i'll start "milking" the tongue ...
Thanks for the advice
Go to Top of Page

Namath

350 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2012 :  5:03:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Anibaru!

you made me curious to see where my tongue can touch my chin....only reached middle chin!Still I can do Kechari easily and roll my tongue up and get it into the nostril <from inside> a little...I guess that makes it Kechari 3.

I remember when started Kechari I would put my tongue on the soft palate ...stretch it back as much as comfortable and pull my lower chin down...Maybe you would like to try this also ...stretching your tongue backward instead of pushing it outward.

Good Luck
Go to Top of Page

khechari

Ukraine
13 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2012 :  01:43:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The same here.
I cannot reach the lower chin or tip of my nose yet phase 3 is easily done, can close nostrils from inside.

My advise - pushing the tongue with fingers back and upward behind the soft palate which is really soft. A lot of saliva flows so have a handkerchief handy.

My question is different - where is the tongue supposed to reach now?
Inside a nostril?

Anyone has the experience of this kind?

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2012 :  12:54:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by khechari

Inside a nostril?

Hi kechari

Well, it's up to you. You can keep your tongue resting against the septum during pranayama. Or with more stretching and/or snipping you can do alternate nostril breathing during spinal breathing and yoni mudra kumbhaka, if doing it.

I have a little way to go to be fully in stage 4. It's pretty frustrating!
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2012 :  12:57:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
woosa....the kechari expert
Go to Top of Page

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2012 :  1:01:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Maheswari, I'm no expert until I get into kechari stage 6!

I think that is when you can style your hair and eyebrows with your own tongue.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2012 :  1:15:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Namath

350 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2012 :  3:32:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by khechari

The same here.
I cannot reach the lower chin or tip of my nose yet phase 3 is easily done, can close nostrils from inside.

My advise - pushing the tongue with fingers back and upward behind the soft palate which is really soft. A lot of saliva flows so have a handkerchief handy.

Inside a nostril?

Anyone has the experience of this kind?

Thanks!

Hi Kechari

It must be possible to go through the nostrils...but it's very sensitive area...I instantly get watery eyes if I try to go further.....+ rash on my face on the same day....

Feels like I'm not welcomed to go there yet!

I love Kechari,it's a fun practice...and a great booster of energy but I strict its use with just 10 min SP because of the accompanied side effects.

p.s: try pushing your tongue up with your finger from below..it will touch the tip of the nose

Love
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2012 :  5:58:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Stage 6 is a great way to meet women. Just go to a bar, sit next to someone interesting and lick your eyebrows ;) . That said, Once you get comfy in stage 3 it becomes easy to stay there throughout your practice. Stage 4is kind of trickier and i haven't really gotten that one worked out yet other than alternate nostril breathing (which i don't do anymore). I have found that stage 3 is very helpful in meditation though.
Go to Top of Page

Namath

350 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2012 :  06:43:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm so using Kechari on my flight today.I swear it's better than "valsalva maneuver" for take off and landing
Go to Top of Page

Namath

350 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2012 :  05:14:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
o.k!I've just discovered the best use ever for Kechari!
playing with my little 4 years friend over here,Act as if I'm eating your tongue then swallow it in Kechari Mode....the lil gurl is still searching for the tongue....
She tries to explain for her parents that I have no tongue,no one is taking her seriously,lol..

[img]icon_heart.gif[/img]
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000