AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Inner Restlessness??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KellyN

75 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2012 :  6:58:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello all,
I have been meditating since last November, AYP style, and it has been a relatively smooth ride :) However, lately when i sit, i have been feeling kind of restless. I feel like stopping the meditation sit for some resaon. For quite some time, I have felt these inner vibrations that seem to permiate outwards from inside my body. But they feel neither pleasant or unpleasant...they are in fact , pretty neutral. I feel restless inside a little after the vibrations begin. Not sure why? I have been enjoying this time with my higher self so far but then it started to change. I have not been doing anything different except that I can't meditate twice daily all the time (or everyday) because I have 2 small children and well...they are loud, HA! [:)
Any ideas as to why I am feeling like I want to stop the DM session? I don't think I am overdoing it because like I said, some days, I only get to meditate once.

Thanks!
K~

Edited by - AYPforum on Aug 07 2012 7:12:00 PM

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2012 :  7:27:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kelly

If what you are feeling is not uncomfortable then I would keep going with the mantra.

I have had the odd session where I got a real restless feeling in my chest and I felt like I needed to jump around, or run about. If that happens, I just stop repeating the mantra and use breath meditation instead. Maybe that might help you. In time these sensations will calm down and will make way for bliss. Which is nice.

And don't worry about noise - you can meditate effectively with plenty of noise. My family are very noisy, and it seems everyone on my street has an urge to do plenty of DIY on their houses: grinding, scrubbing, cement mixers... but I just keep practising (after I have stopped mentally swearing at them ).
Go to Top of Page

KellyN

75 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2012 :  5:43:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Woosa,
I meditated today without the mantra and just focused on my breath at 2nd chakra. It worked, no restlessness...just breath! I wonder why?? Why was I becoming restless during the DM with mantra and the samyama practice??

Edited by - KellyN on Aug 08 2012 5:58:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2012 :  8:25:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kelly

It may be that you are a sensitive meditator. The obstructions in your nervous system might be getting released too fast, and that is what is causing the restlessness.

These two lessons should answer your question:
http://www.aypsite.org/365.html
http://www.aypsite.org/367.html

This restlessness with the mantra may pass after a few sessions and is nothing to worry about. But it's for you to decide if you want to meditate with the mantra, or without. I wouldn't chop and change between the two every few days or weeks because this could cause problems. Which is something you don't need!

When you say the 2nd chakra, are you doing the solar centering exercise? If not, I would avoid focusing on anything at the moment - except the breath or mantra; don't locate it anywhere. For AYP chakras are not focused upon because how do we know which chakra needs more attention than the others?

Edited by - woosa on Aug 08 2012 8:28:58 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000