AYP Home | Main Lessons | Tantra Lessons | AYP Plus | Retreats | AYP Books
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Jnana Yoga/Self-Inquiry - Advaita (Non-Duality)
 Meditative Self Inquiry
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2012 :  08:16:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Great self inquiry. Through pursuing this type of meditative self inquiry I've recently begun to experience complete disidentification from the body/mind and in fact all perceptible objects, recognizing my true identity as the silent, formless awareness to which all perceptible objects arise.

It was in fact, easy. I thought it would take many years and so much practice to completely wake up from identification with form. But this was just an idea in the mind. Whilst I still fall into identification with form often, the moments or hours, of increasing duration, of seeing completely beyond identification make this all worthwhile.

The first step was realizing the complete and utter failure of the body/mind, Josh, to wake up. Quite simply, Josh will never wake up, because he is simply a group of perceptible objects (thoughts, sensations, emotions, images) in the timeless formless awareness that I am! Goes to show that getting really frustrated, and feeling that your practices are going absolutely nowhere, can be one of the best things that happens to you. I reach despair a few days ago, then had this massive waking up experience on Monday night, something I don't think I can ever forget, even if at times the clouds still veil the sun.

To finally KNOW by direct experience: I am NOT this temporary body, or personality, whose destiny is death, flashing in and out of existence, a momentary spark in eternity.

Here's the two part inquiry by Adyashanti:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCrWn_NueUg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=783Gb4KbzGY

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2012 :  4:19:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by mr_anderson

Quite simply, Josh will never wake up, because he is simply a group of perceptible objects (thoughts, sensations, emotions, images) in the timeless formless awareness that I am!

Important distinction! Thanks for posting this.
Go to Top of Page

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2012 :  5:23:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000