Enlightenment Milestones
 reflections on the path
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2012 :  11:55:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Namaste dear ones,

This month marks my 9-year anniversary of starting AYP. It feels like an appropriate time to give thanks and reflect on the difference AYP has made in my life.

Thank you Yogani for putting these teachings together and sharing them so freely. Your ongoing support is greatly appreciated, and will benefit many for many generations. Thank you to all the members of this beautiful community. Your sharing and loving friendship have given me guidance, hope, inspiration, and spiritual upliftment. You are deeply loved.

I won't re-cap my entire journey here, but will just point out the major blessings I've received through daily practice.

Prior to AYP, I had been in a deep depression for 10+ years. Was extremely introverted, had zero self esteem, was out of touch with my body and feelings, felt alone and awkward in all relationships (let alone romantic ones). I was overly intellectual, preferring to analyze and fantasize about Life rather than participate in it. Mostly out of fear. It was a very hopeless, alone, and sad place. I felt very dead and numb. I tried to escape myself, through drugs, alcoholism, video games, and being a workaholic.

I had an emotional breakdown/spiritual awakening (or "nervous breakthrough", in the words of the Red Hot Chili Peppers) and soon after that, AYP discovered me.

Through AYP, I gradually re-sensitized myself to my feelings. My unprocessed fears and suppressed emotions rose to the surface, where they could be felt and burned away. I opened up in every way possible. It was turbulent and scary, and painful, but AYP helped me face the fire.

Where I previously tried to protect myself, I allowed myself to be vulnerable. Where I was dominated by others, I stood up for myself. Where I hid, I exposed myself. Where I silenced myself, I spoke out. Where I tried to please others, I became honest about what I wanted.

Where I was alone and faithless, my Mother took me into Her loving arms.

I could go on endlessly, but the bottom line is that AYP brought me to a wholeness I never imagined possible. It makes me more deeply human, and brings me to know inner divinity. It has breathed into me new life. It has opened my heart to true Love and Freedom. It has transformed my life in every way and I am deeply grateful.

Thank you for reading

AUM [img]icon_heart.gif[/img]

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2012 :  12:08:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Lovely... thanks for sharing Cosmic.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2012 :  07:31:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by cosmic

Through AYP, I gradually re-sensitized myself to my feelings. My unprocessed fears and suppressed emotions rose to the surface, where they could be felt and burned away. I opened up in every way possible. It was turbulent and scary, and painful, but AYP helped me face the fire.

Where I previously tried to protect myself, I allowed myself to be vulnerable. Where I was dominated by others, I stood up for myself. Where I hid, I exposed myself. Where I silenced myself, I spoke out. Where I tried to please others, I became honest about what I wanted.

Where I was alone and faithless, my Mother took me into Her loving arms.

I could go on endlessly, but the bottom line is that AYP brought me to a wholeness I never imagined possible. It makes me more deeply human, and brings me to know inner divinity. It has breathed into me new life. It has opened my heart to true Love and Freedom. It has transformed my life in every way and I am deeply grateful.

Thank you for sharing this path with us Cosmic. It is a pleasure walking this path with you. Wow, 9 years already?
I am sure it makes Yogani very happy to see his children grow up.
You posted this on Father's day... what a beautiful way to give Yogani, father of AYP, thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2012 :  08:06:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Brother cosmic u honor us with this sharing... Thank u and namaste
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2012 :  09:07:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for sharing cosmic, very beautiful.

Love!
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2012 :  11:48:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
And the wolf shall dwell with the lamb. Nice anniversary Cosmic thanks for sharing your experiences.
Go to Top of Page

faileforever

USA
190 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2012 :  2:29:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful cosmic[img]icon_heart.gif[/img]
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2012 :  2:52:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wonderful cosmic, thank you for your openness and sharing. What you say really shows, and for someone coming in with such dedication over the years it is very inspiring.
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2012 :  3:33:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all for the kind words. It's wonderful to know you and be touched by your contributions to the forums

quote:
Originally posted by Shanti

It is a pleasure walking this path with you. Wow, 9 years already?
I am sure it makes Yogani very happy to see his children grow up.
You posted this on Father's day... what a beautiful way to give Yogani, father of AYP, thanks.

That's so beautiful, Shanti. I didn't have the father aspect in mind when I posted, but it is indeed fitting.

BTW, I'm in a thankful mood, so my emphasis was mostly on the positive. Daily practice has been an effort, even a struggle, at times. There have been many plateaus of staleness, dips into darkness, and temptations to stray from the path.

And personal and spiritual growth will never end. There is still much practice and service to be done. No rest for the wicked

Thank you all for your friendship [img]icon_heart.gif[/img]

Namaste
Go to Top of Page

Namath

350 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2012 :  4:20:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Lovely.
thank you Cosmic.

Namaste
Go to Top of Page

amoux

United Kingdom
266 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2012 :  05:14:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What a beautiful sharing Cosmic - thank you
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2012 :  10:07:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

stevenbhow

Japan
352 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2012 :  02:27:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit stevenbhow's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000