Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 frenum snipping procedure
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Anibaru

Chile
72 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2012 :  6:05:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone,

Sorry for asking this (again) but this is an important thing and i want to get it right because i still have some confusion.
For this reason i prepared an explanatory image.

http://i50.tinypic.com/236vly.png

This image depicts two things:

1) Making a small horizontal cut with in the "middle" of the stretched frenum (you stretch it by doing Talabya Kriya)

2) Removing an "onion layer" from your frenum while in Talabya

The cuticle snipper is the one in the image, and the right procedure
should be the one marked with "right".
I'm asking this because i speak spanish and the exact translation of "trimming" and "snipping" is not precise (i understand trimming as the wrong procedure)

So. Am i right or wrong?
Any help is very welcomed, and sorry for asking again.

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2012 :  11:33:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Anibaru,

I'm currently in a stage very similar to you. One month after the MI retreat, especially after seeing Krishna Das, I've been having the feeling of "every fiber of me wants the Divine." I wept and laughed and cried just by suddenly hearing the name of God, or thinking of the divine. And the tongue just automatically go up when I meditate. The tongue has been really wanting to pass the soft palate to reach stage 2. But I think a bit of snipping is needed to free it to do this.

I'm obviously a beginner in this. But I think you got it right in the picture. You should NOT trim an onion layer off the frenum. As Yogani said in the lesson, one snip should not produce more than a drop of blood. Cutting a layer off sounds like a massacre to me. (just kidding:) So, 2 is wrong.

Btw, can you give me the name or a link to the cuticle snipper you use? I'm looking for one now.
Many thanks and best luck!

Phil

Go to Top of Page

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2012 :  10:03:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
How do Pheel

Don't know if this is available outside the UK but I use the Tweezerman cuticle snippers and they are really easy to use. Because they are more like tweezers than scissors. Don't know how they arrived at the company name.

They should pay me for advertising!

http://tinyurl.com/cfnnulz

Enjoy your snipping!
Go to Top of Page

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2012 :  2:50:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Woosa,

It looks like a great tool of freedom (free the tonuge for divine purpose)! I just ordered it on amazon. Thanks a lot!

ps, do you experience some kind of feeling of being parched after some kechari 1 session? Is that a sign that one should refrain from entering kechari in its "dry season"?

Pheel
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2012 :  3:51:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
They should pay me for advertising!

Go to Top of Page

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2012 :  5:24:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Pheel

I can't say I have experienced a parched feeling. But then again I live in a damp, cold and dark area of the world, so I rarely feel thirsty!

As long as you don't get carried away and snip too much that you are spitting blood (when bhakti is high) then you should be OK.
Go to Top of Page

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2012 :  12:04:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Woosa,

Thanks for the answer. As you mentioned how damp your place is, it just started to pour....nice...I hope I don't have to pay you for bringing the dampness here, do I? :)

I'm a little drunk in the divine, but I'm not crazy...no carnage indeed!
Pheel
Go to Top of Page

Anibaru

Chile
72 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2012 :  4:48:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ahh now i feel more confident into finally trying this.
I'm using a cuticle snipper just like the one depicted in the "explanatory image"
I bought it at a local drugstore.

btw, how do you use the advertised "Tweezerman Cuticle"?

Thanks for you answers!
Go to Top of Page

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2012 :  5:58:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Anibaru

You just hold them between the thumb and index finger. I find them a bit easier because they are quite narrow and I have small hands and stumpy fingers .

But I think you will do just fine with the ones that you have got. No need to buy another pair.

Pheel, glad to hear that you are getting some good old rain. My weather cursing siddhi I have been working on seems to be working.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000