Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Was it Real?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Heartsoflove

USA
19 Posts

Posted - May 24 2012 :  11:50:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Around 1970 I was traveling in a foreign country and was wandering around in part of the city that was somewhat avant-garde when a stranger approached and asked if I wanted to go to a party. I said yes and off we went. There were many people at this party and soon it became obvious to me that I may be in some kind of danger with these people. When this feeling escalated to almost panicky situation I silently called the name 'Jesus' and then---wham. It started at my feet and slowly moved up my entire body suffusing my entire body in this luminous no-words-to-describe light. I could feel it moving upward in every vein, artery or capillary in my body. The light exited my head and continued out thru the cosmos leaving a shaft of light from the top of my head. I could feel it slowly travel up my body and bathe me in this marvelous and beautiful heat and light. When it reached the top of my head, I felt as though I was not observing light but was the light. Love permeated my whole being; I was not feeling love, I WAS love. I absolutely glowed and I conveyed this love to everybody in the room. The tension left the room and I left the party.
Now we know that it probably was the spontaneous awaking of kundalini, but there is a question that has bothered me all these years: in pessimistic moods I doubt the experience because beforehand I had smoked some pretty powerful pot.
So, my question to you was it real or was it the m.j.? I've never had anything like that happen since. At the time I was not plugged into Jesus nor had any 'spiritual practices.' It has confused me these last forty years and has caused me to doubt the veracity of the experience.

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - May 24 2012 :  12:55:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That, my friend, is definitely k. And beautifully described.

The oneness with the light, the traveling up the body, the shaft of light exiting through the crown. All of it suffusing every cell of the body.

In my experience high quality cannabis can potentiate the k experience.

Go to Top of Page

JDH

USA
331 Posts

Posted - May 24 2012 :  1:07:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, it was real. But yes, MJ was also a factor. And yes, it can happen without MJ, but it's different when you're not high. I had smoked one puff of pot just before my initial kundalini surge. I had smoked a thousand times before that, and the kundalini surge was undoubtedly its own thing in addition to the MJ high. I've had miniature-intensity versions of it happen since then while sober. Advanced practitioners here occasionally talk about filling with light and love, and crown openings, while completely sober - thanks to the spiritual practices. And of course the AYP lessons talk about this as well.
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - May 24 2012 :  5:06:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi HeartofLove, I don't know, if it was because of the pot, but if I would have to take a guess I would say that it was a real kundalini experience and that the pot was also a part of making it happen.

Thanks for sharing, beautiful experience. And I love your name BTW.

Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - May 24 2012 :  9:58:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Other people have answered the core question, so I will comment on the periphery:
I can emphatically confirm the paradigm of having a genuine spiritual experience, then doubting if it was real later. It has happened to me over and over and over...
I have experiences where I say "This is it- my life will never be the same again, because i can always refer back to this experience." Then a couple months later I completely forget about it or wonder if it was real.

I think in a normal frame of mind you cannot comprehend spiritual experiences, and "raising your consciousness" is necessary to both have, and comprehend those experiences.
Go to Top of Page

kaserdar

91 Posts

Posted - May 25 2012 :  07:41:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Heartsoflove,

How was your life after your experience? Did you have any Kundalini symptoms?
Go to Top of Page

Heartsoflove

USA
19 Posts

Posted - May 25 2012 :  08:51:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, Kaserdar, I did have a high fever off and on for about a week, but that was all. And, other than intermittent depression and sort of a free floating anxiety the last forty years, I can't say that my experience caused that. Thanks for your interest. HOL
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - May 25 2012 :  12:09:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This type of experience can indeed be a daily thing without drugs, and although cannabis can potentiate this type of experience, it does not mean it is responsible for it. The experience was not from cannabis per se, but rather it stands alone as a spiritual experience.

Go to Top of Page

_Yogi_

USA
26 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2012 :  9:49:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
In Shaivism cannabis is the sacrament because its easier to awaken the kundalini with it. My kundalini awakening happened after using the sacrament.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000