Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Different Form of Spinal Breathing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SparklingDiamond

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - May 18 2012 :  02:49:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi Everyone:

So I have resumed back into the Spinal Breathing, andhave definitely noticed a deepening of my meditation sessions.

But I have slightly altered it, and wondering if this is ok?

When I imagine the spinal tube, I also imagine white light travelling upwards through the spinal tube, kind of like mercury in a thermometer.

Yay or nay on this

Blessings,

Maria

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - May 18 2012 :  03:53:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I would say - ok - just don't be inflexible about what you 'see' (or don't see) as what you will end up 'seeing' will differ with each session. Some don't /can't see anything at all. They simply trace, with their awareness, the energy flow up and down the spinal nerve. That's the key, I believe, feeling the flow of energy.

Don't worry too much about it. You're still in the 'clunky stage', you will get there soon enough.

Enjoy your practices

Sey
Go to Top of Page

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - May 18 2012 :  05:01:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yay
Go to Top of Page

SparklingDiamond

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - May 18 2012 :  05:20:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Sey!

Yes I am much more feeling type, than a visual type, but that's ok. I have always been that way, so it's fine. Although in some of my meditation practises over the years, I have been able to 'see' but they were more sporadic and spontaneous. Anyway, from what i have read, soimetimes 'seeing' can distract one from the real purpose. Thank you so much for your advice!

and yes, YAY.....Willpower
Go to Top of Page

Medea

Netherlands
115 Posts

Posted - May 18 2012 :  07:38:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi SparklingDiamond,

quote:
Originally posted by SparklingDiamond

Thanks Sey!

Yes I am much more feeling type, than a visual type, but that's ok. I have always been that way, so it's fine.

I'm also a 'feeler' so during SBP I feel my way up and down the nerve. I don't visualise anything. There is a lesson that talks about this, which basically says that feeling or visualising are both valid means for tracing the spine (can't find it at the moment, grrr). Anyways, do what feels natural to you. You don't need to force a visualisation if merely feeling is more easy for you. Good luck!
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - May 18 2012 :  09:03:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
yep me too i am a feeler
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - May 18 2012 :  4:43:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I can also confirm reading the lesson mentioned by Medea with that bit of advice. I do a bit of both while favoring the feeling more for upper torso while imaginary guiding on the lower half which seems just numb. Then there's also the muladhara and especially ajna which sometimes have their own unmistakable tactile feedback to signal the important end-points.
Go to Top of Page

Medea

Netherlands
115 Posts

Posted - May 19 2012 :  05:51:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Still can find the lesson but here's a little snippet from the Spinal Breathing Pranayama book (enlightenment series p11-12):

quote:
In the beginning, we are visualizing the spinal nerve and tracing it with our slow deep breathing. As our practice develops, visualisation will give way to direct perception of the spinal nerve....How we get back and forth is less important that travelling form one point to the other without strain during our slow deep breathing
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000