Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Where to start?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dreadlocks1221

USA
2 Posts

Posted - May 16 2012 :  5:41:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I just started reading the lessons and I would like to get some direction on where to start with Advanced Yoga Practices? I want to get a book but I don't know if I should read them in a certain order or just start with any one? I started reading the lessons on the site.

FWIW, I have been very active in yoga and martial arts for the last 6 months, however its not something that's new to me. I did just started reading more about consciousnesses, I am almost finished with "The Untethered Soul"

Thanks for you help,

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - May 16 2012 :  7:14:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi dreadlocks and welcome.

The base of AYP is Deep meditation. In fact you could make that your only practice. The others get added as. Your internal Guru dictates, but only when you have achieved a stable regime. The one exception is Pranayama and this can be added at an early stage provided it feels right.

I would get the DM and Pranayama books, although there is plenty of free e.lessons right here and plenty of help from forum members.

Go to Top of Page

LittleTurtle

USA
342 Posts

Posted - May 16 2012 :  7:15:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Just begin by reading the Main Lessons and begin practice with Deep Meditation, advancing slowly and with careful self pacing. If you are already doing some other yoga practices beware that Advanced Yoga Practices is just that - advanced. So follow the lessons carefully and with self pacing. Enjoy
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - May 16 2012 :  8:05:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome dreadlocks,

It depends on what you prefer, be it the Enlightenment series, or the Easy Lessons volumes which also cover the same material and also comprises most of what you're already reading in the free lessons, plus additions. The support forum postings ebook I also found very worthwhile after the volumes.
Go to Top of Page

Medea

Netherlands
115 Posts

Posted - May 17 2012 :  04:21:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Dreadlocks and welcome to the forums!

Start reading here. The first practice that will be introduced is deep mediation. That is where you start. When this practice has become stable over a number of weeks or months, the next practice that can be added is spinal breathing pranayama. Good luck and enjoy!

Edited by - Medea on May 17 2012 04:21:49 AM
Go to Top of Page

dreadlocks1221

USA
2 Posts

Posted - May 21 2012 :  10:35:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for all your suggestions!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000