AYPsite.org Forum
 Asanas - Postures and Physical Culture
 5 Tibetans before or after DM
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kaserdar

91 Posts

Posted - May 16 2012 :  08:19:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello,

I'm practicing 5 Tibetans and wanted to ask you if you would consider this practice as a heavy activity and do it after DM as Yogani suggest?
Also I'm doing this practice first thing in the morning. Do you think this can be bad in long term for my body? No water no food but doing an activity first thing in the morning?

Thank you

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - May 16 2012 :  08:37:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Do you practice asanas?
If yes, I used to do the 5 Tibetan before asanas, and then asanas would cool me down enough to not affect meditation. If you are not doing asanas, I would say add it after your practice session.
Go to Top of Page

LittleTurtle

USA
342 Posts

Posted - May 16 2012 :  4:57:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I do them after DM.
Go to Top of Page

kaserdar

91 Posts

Posted - May 17 2012 :  05:05:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes after DM makes more sense to me now. Thank you both.
Go to Top of Page

devrim

Thailand
33 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2012 :  04:57:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit devrim's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Kaserdar, i make the 5 Tibetans before spinal breathing and DM because for me it feels like a good way to invigorate the body and get the energy moving,especially in the morning.
The 5 Tibetans work they way up through the nervous system (chakras)in much the same way as other energetic practices we do before we sit for silence.
If you feel that the 5 Tibetans is too much like exercise, try slowing them down and focus more on your breath.
Of course this is what feels most comfortable for me, i would suggest you try for one week before DM and one week after and then decide.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000