Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 Upcoming Krishna Das / Kirtan Documentary
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - May 11 2012 :  7:19:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Just FYI, to all.

Upcoming Krishna Das / Kirtan Documentary

PLEASE NOTE: The link to the Krishna Das documentary trailer has changed -- I changed it in the link above, but if anyone bookmarked the original link, etc. - it's gone. The filmmaker took down the rougher version, and uploaded a new less-rough one -- just click the link above, to see it.

When I joined the forum as "Kirtanman" back in 2006, I had no idea how much more popular kirtan would become, in just a few short years.

Here's a live version of one of Krishna Das' new "English-containing" kirtan songs -- we did this one at our Detroit retreat last weekend, and everyone seemed to enjoy it -- in some cases very deeply.

VIDEO: Krishna Das Live: Heart As Wide As The World / Sri Ram Jay Ram

I was at that event -- it was sold out, and roughly 1500 people were there, and most of them didn't appear to be "yoga people".

1500 regular Americans, going out on a Friday night, and ... opening our hearts to the truth within, together, by singing together, much of the time in Sanskrit.

Nice.

Beyond nice.

But only infinitely.

Edited by - Kirtanman on May 14 2012 10:22:56 AM

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - May 11 2012 :  7:51:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
For more on Krishna Das, a couple of recent discussions / interviews with him.

I like his ultra-relaxed vibe -- reminds me of several of us, who facilitate discussions at AYP retreats.

Enjoy!

Krishna Das Interview, June 2011

In this next interview, Krishna Das discusses some simple yet profound truths that he realized, in the course of following his spiritual path.

Krishna Das Interview, New York City, 2011

Go to Top of Page

amoux

United Kingdom
266 Posts

Posted - May 12 2012 :  04:29:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks K'man
Go to Top of Page

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - May 12 2012 :  05:05:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
really beautifull
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - May 12 2012 :  11:04:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Krisna Das was just starting a workshop at Kripalu the day before we ended our AYP retreat there this past March. You should have seen the hoards of people that came to enjoy and participate in kirtan with him. Obviously more and more people are becoming aware of and enjoying the fruits of effective kirtan.... myself included.

Love!
Carson
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - May 12 2012 :  9:32:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi

Krisna Das was just starting a workshop at Kripalu the day before we ended our AYP retreat there this past March. You should have seen the hoards of people that came to enjoy and participate in kirtan with him. Obviously more and more people are becoming aware of and enjoying the fruits of effective kirtan.... myself included.

Love!
Carson

Very Cool, Carson -- Thanks for that!

Love!

Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - May 12 2012 :  9:34:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Will Power

really beautifull

Glad you feel that way!

Krishna Das has a lot of awesome videos / songs on YouTube, for anyone who wants to hear more of his music.

Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - May 12 2012 :  9:34:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by amoux

Thanks K'man

You're most welcome, amoux!

Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - May 12 2012 :  10:02:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Some more Krishna Das Live clips.

A little wit, a little wisdom, and a lotta awesome kirtan.

Enjoy.

Krishna Das Live in Concert @ Wadsworth Theater Part 1 - Sita Ram

Krishna Das Live in Concert @ Wadsworth Theater Part 2 - Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya

Krishna Das Live in Concert @ Wadsworth Theater Part 3 - Shri Guru Charanam / Govinda Hare / Gopala

Krishna Das Live in Concert @ Wadsworth Theater Part 4 - Jesus On The Main Line

Krishna Das Live in Concert @ Wadsworth Theater Part 5 - My Foolish Heart / Hare Krishna

Krishna Das Live in Concert @ Wadsworth Theater Part 6 - Baba Hanuman / Shiva Puja / Namah Shivaya

Krishna Das Live in Concert @ Wadsworth Theater Part 7 - Shine on me

Krishna Das Live in Concert @ Wadsworth Theater Part 8 - Jaya Bhagavan

Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - May 13 2012 :  2:48:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I love this version of Hanuman Chalisa

[img]icon_heart.gif[/img]
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - May 13 2012 :  5:23:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by cosmic

I love this version of Hanuman Chalisa

[img]icon_heart.gif[/img]

Me, too!!

Thanks for that, Cosmic!

Krishna Das tends to name his various versions of Hare Krishna and the Hanuman Chalisa with unique "designators" (i.e. Hallelujah Chalisa, Sri Ram Chalisa, and so on).

I call that one "Jet Lag Chalisa" (KD seems a bit fried ... and still manages to Chalisa awesomely! The melody's a bit unique too ... I like it!)

Thanks again!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000