Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Positioning
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - May 04 2012 :  01:27:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Dear all,

I can't recall if this question has been asked before, but I was thinking of it last night - Is there a best direction to face when sitting for practices? I usually face east, sometimes west, that simply being the way my balcony is placed. Facing east, I get a view over the ocean (no matter, with my eyes closed I don't see it) but now I'm getting a sneaking feeling that my meditation sessions feel more satisfying when I face west.

Sey

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - May 04 2012 :  04:02:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi Sey
you might find this thread useful
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=8126
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - May 04 2012 :  04:37:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by SeySorciere

Dear all,

I can't recall if this question has been asked before, but I was thinking of it last night - Is there a best direction to face when sitting for practices? I usually face east, sometimes west, that simply being the way my balcony is placed. Facing east, I get a view over the ocean (no matter, with my eyes closed I don't see it) but now I'm getting a sneaking feeling that my meditation sessions feel more satisfying when I face west.

Sey

When ever you think....it's best when I face west, east, by the ocean.......well you should know it by now gently back to the Mantra. No such thing as a good meditation, only meditation. What you are doing is wrapping preference and judgement in your practice. You should ignore external influences and introvert the senses by using the mantra the way it is explained in the lessons.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - May 04 2012 :  05:16:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
wherever i turn my face i see Him
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - May 04 2012 :  05:28:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Karl,

It was not during practice that I was thinking this. It was whilst reading the Carlos Castaneda Book - Teachings of Don Juan and Don Juan made him find " his spot to sit" on the porch; so it got me to thinking - where is my spot?

Sey
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - May 04 2012 :  05:38:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Hi Karl,

It was not during practice that I was thinking this. It was whilst reading the Carlos Castaneda Book - Teachings of Don Juan and Don Juan made him find " his spot to sit" on the porch; so it got me to thinking - where is my spot?

Sey

Dude, you are the spot. Everywhere you are, you are. No need to look for this externally. No need of church or mountain perch, be as you are.
Go to Top of Page

axelschlotzhauer

Germany
150 Posts

Posted - May 04 2012 :  06:53:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Christian churches normally faces east to the paradise and returning redemptor. The head of a lodge sits in the east looking to the west.

This system bases lastly on the zodiacal hindu and Jewish mandala.

Question is on which mandala yogananda and AYP are basing. The tantra book uses the sriyantra as a geometric mandala and shiva in a triangle as expression of the body mandala denoting normally the north and pol star direction.

The question is important if you work with the different energies of the four directions. But you can determine also
a false direction getting the energy from there.

This is only a small sample of meanings and symbolism. The sriyantra looks from above into the spine channel and is in this way a body mandala.

Questions of the pyramid are joining.

Axel
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - May 04 2012 :  07:43:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Exactly. Axel has a point. I was thinking more in terms of energy meridians - what merges into the flow and what is counter.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - May 04 2012 :  08:35:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If you think it, then it's real to you

Look into space, there is no East and West, North, South, Up, Down. It's all relative. Direction was a human invention for navigation as was time. How would you align if you thought the world to be flat? The Earths magnetic poles have swapped around many times and move incrementally each year. North then becomes South and magnetic East and West reverse. I have a great map that you can buy online. It shows the world with Australia at the top, it's a good one to challenge perception.

Churches faced the East because the Sun rises in the East, it was a practical thing to do.

Go to Top of Page

axelschlotzhauer

Germany
150 Posts

Posted - May 04 2012 :  11:41:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Exactly. Axel has a point. I was thinking more in terms of energy meridians - what merges into the flow and what is counter.

Sey

Such questions are beyond the physical on the astral and symbolical level. But both levels meet in the sacred geometry or how the Chinese imperial palace is built and used by the son of heaven and emperor as a ritual priest like the Japanese tenno. Muslims may distribute their allowed many wives as harem in the four directions.

Taoist energy practice uses also in the body mandala the east for the springtime and liver and color or a violett the lungs or west as fall and white color heart for the summer and south by red and north as winter and kidneys by the color blue or black.

The middle of this mandala, pakua or compass also used in roulette with with divisions as number of the year as place for the ball is late summer uniting all directions as spleen in the color yellow.

I connected that with my freemasonic zodiacal mandala symbolising by an enrolled embryo as stations in the spine as also Michio Kushi und New Age Indian astrology does. It worked activating meridians by zodiacal signs. Sensitive others remarked witout being told.

But I would not fear difficulties by false directions in the meridian work. Symbols are normally tolerant and associate easily and my different mandalas used have contradictions witin itself. so the kidneys are not nort but southwest. Logic commands more the physical plane though a logical order for better orientation is needed also on the astral and higher planes with their seemingly illogical dreams.

Axel
Axel

Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - May 07 2012 :  01:40:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My dear Karl - I have yet to experience Oneness - so yes, what I think, what I perceive through all my senses are still very real to me.
Perhaps talking of direction is wrongly expressing it - energy around places 'feel' different - you can get very bad vibes in certain places and good vibes in others. So moving around on my balcony I can energetically feel the best spot to sit.
Anybody tried that within the area they sit to meditate?

Axel - that was most interesting. Thks.

Sey

Edited by - SeySorciere on May 07 2012 01:46:42 AM
Go to Top of Page

axelschlotzhauer

Germany
150 Posts

Posted - May 07 2012 :  02:46:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A balcony hanging in the air (?)with places very different in energy may be question of streams in the ground as a sort of earth meridians felt or checked by a divining rod.

The usual test is an animal or pet. Where they like or dislike places the energy is good or bad.

Axel
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000