AYP Home | Main Lessons | Tantra Lessons | AYP Plus | Retreats | AYP Books
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Jnana Yoga/Self-Inquiry - Advaita (Non-Duality)
 Dreams
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BenQuiet

Thailand
12 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2012 :  08:45:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone,

I am new to the site, 2 days now and it's a blessing that we are always led to what we need, as we need it, since we are all of That anyway and just need to realize That.

Looked thru all the topics here and didn't find anything on dreams so thought i would start one, looking for a little feedback that may help all of us.

For a number of years now mostly all of my nighttime dreams are fully remembered and many times while i'm in those i recall some instances of this waking dream. Every evening especially early morning i'll move out of a night dream into this waking one to go to the bathroom as one complete seamless flow (ha). The night dream will still be there as the cumbersome body slowly eyes half closed walks to the toilet,and then maybe drinks some water and I'll think WOW that last one was good let's go back there, and i would pop back to continue the night dream. This can happen many times.

On several occasions upon awakening in the morning they would completely overlap with viewing and it might take a few handfuls of seconds before the night dream faded out and i could carry on in this waking one.

A few times when I've woken up in the morning from deep sleep the objects in the room seemed to be touching my eyes, and i would say to myself "wait a minute this isn't right where am i" and as i thought so, space would return to the normal everyday perception.

Several times I noticed the body snoring without any dreams going on and knew i was in deep sleep state and as i got excited about this i would awaken to this daytime dream.

I know that all 3 states: waking, dream + deep sleep are encompassed in the 4th or natural state 'Turiya' where we are just pure awareness.

So what's your take on this? Is it still just the first witness stage where mind is watching mind? I remember reading where Robert Adams said he really didn't know if it was waking, dream or visions. A little bizarre.

Does anyone experience similar? I would love to hear some feedback.

Thanks.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000