Enlightenment Milestones
 Trust
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2012 :  07:22:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
currently i am realizing that all activities/problems are not mine
that i was never asked to solve problems in the first place!
that i dont solve problems...the problems are solved
and this applies from the simplest things like buying groceries to the more "serious" things (the job, family issues, the future....)
from this understanding the interacting in daily activities becomes fluid and perfect
there is a growing feeling of Trust and Surrender that everything is happening perfectly in the exact timing and exact way

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2012 :  08:23:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2012 :  08:36:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2012 :  10:07:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
nice :-)
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2012 :  10:14:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This is prob another case of something that cannot be understood from my usual worldview, like Karl was saying in another thread. My job often consists of solving problems that other people can't solve. I often have to use inner silence to solve them. The silence guides me by putting things in front of my vision. So it is not really "me" solving the problem, but I am instrumental because i choose to follow the silence, and without that it won't get solved. I've never met anyone else in my professions who does that.
So I have that trust and surrender you talk about, as a prerequisite to using the silence, but I don't see how that is not me solving problems. I can get by just fine without doing it, but then it doesn't get done, and people involved go through hell.
That makes me feel like I have to solve the problems because it's so easy for me to do what is so valuable for others. True, the problems would be solved without me, but with much more pain and expense,
like costing a million dollars instead of 500.
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2012 :  11:23:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish
but I don't see how that is not me solving problems.

It is you , there is a you, it's just not limited to what you do, or who you think you are. Have a look at the TED lecture that Delara posted, it explains things very well. Enlightenment by having a stroke is maybe a bit more extreme than 20 mins of DM, but you get it when you get it and you don't control that.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2012 :  11:49:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks Karl; I will watch that when I find it.
The funny thing is, I don't really care if there is a "me" or not, or who I am, but I know what I have to do while I'm here.
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2012 :  12:34:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think this is the lecture karl was referring to http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....page=2#97929
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2012 :  1:45:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

thanks Karl; I will watch that when I find it.
The funny thing is, I don't really care if there is a "me" or not, or who I am, but I know what I have to do while I'm here.

Yes, go with the flow.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000