Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Newbie - Third Eye Sensations
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Anibaru

Chile
72 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2012 :  5:08:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone,

I've been reading the lessons (actually bought the book) and started the basic practice (pranayama and meditation), and i found no answer to my questions in there so i ask here

For the last 4 years i've practiced Bikram Yoga (you know... Hatha yoga in a hellish hot room) and suddenly one day i started to feel a strange yet pleasurable sensation a the third eye.
With much curiosity and no guide i started to search for some information. I ended up reading and following the guys at Clairvision.org (and the book Awakening the Third Eye)

From that time it's been two years and i've learned to *activate* and *deactivate* the sensation at the third eye with some degree of control (it actually activates on it's own)

Recently i've discovered that sambhavi is the greatest activator of this sensation (breathing, shaking and other too)

So i've been feeling this thing for about two years and i have no clue of what's going. I even managed to get initiated in Kriya Yoga, and asked the guru about this, and he said "you probably where a yogi in your past life".

Lately some hard emotional conflicts have been arising in my life and i need to ask:

- Could this sensation or stimulation to the third eye, be troubling
the kundalini too much? (i havent done any meditation in those years, only the pranayama and asanas taught at Bikram)

- With a little more than a week of meditation, the sensation to the third eye has increased a lot (now i have daily headaches, when i had none in my life)

- My great question: What in the earth is this sensation? i've heard everything from chakras, astral body, ether body stimulation, opening.
I'm not very sure if this is a passing symptom since it's been two years almost daily.

Thanks everyone for you help, and sorry for a long post!
Regards

JDH

USA
331 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2012 :  11:55:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Anibaru, welcome to the forum.

If you keep reading the lessons, and doing the practices, I think you'll find all the answers to your questions pretty soon.

In the meantime - it is possible that if you were doing lots of targeted work on the third eye that this has been an imbalanced practice. AYP takes a global approach by working on the whole spinal nerve with pranayama, and every single cell of the body with meditation, rather than focusing on any individual chakra. Everybody starts somewhere, and for you it is the third eye. It sounds like you aren't having any serious kundalini problems... just sensations at the third eye. This is all good, and as you continue the AYP practices, those same types of sensations should balance out, and be felt throughout the body, including other chakras. Kundalini problems come into play when there is too much stimulation. You will know it is too much if it becomes painful rather than pleasurable. That's also fine. Just back off on practices (self pacing) until it stabilizes.

Speaking of that, headaches are a sign to back off a little bit. If you are doing 2 x 20 minutes of meditation right now, try backing off to 10 minutes of meditation for a few weeks until the headaches stop. The sensations in the third eye may increase at first as you open up other parts of your body, but after a while things will smooth out and the sensations will be less intense, and less distracting.

Finally... what is it? Does it matter what we call it? It is chi, prana, life force, flowing spiritual-neuro-biological electricity. You are correct, it's not a passing symptom. It's a new part of your spiritual anatomy that is opening up and will be around for the rest of your life (at least that's true in my case). It's like a second puberty in a way. We're not aroused all the time... but when we are there's no mistaking it. Same thing with the energy flows through the spiritual body. As you take on the AYP practice of global purification, thing should balance out, and your third eye may eventually cool down and you might not feel anything for a while there. But it's still opening, and you'll still feel the chakra at various times.

Welcome to the forums again. Keep reading more lessons, it's all in there. And take it slow - you have done a lot of preparation through your many years of asanas. Adding the pranayama and meditation will be like putting a match to a bunch of finely shredded kindling. So go slow while adding things on.

Edited by - JDH on Apr 11 2012 11:56:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1555 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2012 :  02:56:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Anaribu,

Welcome to the forum. Some good advice from JDH. I would add that you consider stopping all forms of pranayama practice and third eye targeting simulation for a while and concentrate only on Deep Meditation. When you are stable in this practice - give it a month or two - then you can slowly add pranayama, starting with 5 mins, then 10 mins. We are often in a hurry to get there and heap practices on top of each other, only to end up having to back-off and self-pace. Not good and no point as this is a life-long journey.

Good luck on your path

Sey
Go to Top of Page

axelschlotzhauer

Germany
150 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2012 :  07:17:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
[quote]Originally posted by Anibaru

Hi everyone,

I've been reading the lessons (actually bought the book) and started the basic practice (pranayama and meditation), and i found no answer to my questions in there so i ask here

. I ended up reading and following the guys at Clairvision.org (and the book Awakening the Third Eye)

From that time it's been two years and i've learned to *activate* and *deactivate* the sensation at the third eye with some degree of control (it actually activates on it's own)

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I checked the book

http://www.expozium.com/Awakening_Third_Eye.pdf

3.1 gives together with 2. larynx and humming sound a rather vague definition of the third eye as a switch to inner and outer worlds.

As i grabbed out in this forum in a present posting of mine the third eye is not only the ajna chakra but the whole nerve of the kundalini till the sacrum shared by other theosophical denominations and ogananda as a main source here. As I used a similar kundalini meditation I check presently this system.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Recently i've discovered that sambhavi is the greatest activator of this sensation (breathing, shaking and other too)

So i've been feeling this thing for about two years and i have no clue of what's going. I even managed to get initiated in Kriya Yoga, and asked the guru about this, and he said "you probably where a yogi in your past life".

Lately some hard emotional conflicts have been arising in my life and i need to ask:

- Could this sensation or stimulation to the third eye, be troubling
the kundalini too much? (i havent done any meditation in those years, only the pranayama and asanas taught at Bikram)

<<<<<<

Cannot judge that not fully knowing your book. As kundalini and third eye are not treated separately in this system in a safe way your fear
is perhaps unwarranted and you report no kundalini symptoms. I got some and my method caused pain in the sacrum not occuring here in first trials.
- With a little more than a week of meditation, the sensation to the third eye has increased a lot (now i have daily headaches, when i had none in my life)

- My great question: What in the earth is this sensation? i've heard everything from chakras, astral body, ether body stimulation, opening.
I'm not very sure if this is a passing symptom since it's been two years almost daily.

<<<<<

to be discussed later. Did you use the whole sushumna, ida and pingala?

Axel
Go to Top of Page

Anibaru

Chile
72 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2012 :  08:55:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! Thanks everyone for your answers!
Didn´t expect to get an explanation of anything about this in my lifetime! im really lucky!

- Because of the headaches i will take the advices, and concentrating only in meditation for a while.

- Good to know that the sensation is not a passing symptom (not for two years, right?)

Axel: I didn´t use anything more than the third eye, as it is the only place where i have sensations. No spinal breathing on the Clearvision system, only a strange form of pranayama.

ahh! how nice is to meet people that actually does spirituality, there is lots of things i would like to talk about
thank you again for your answers!
Go to Top of Page

axelschlotzhauer

Germany
150 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2012 :  10:36:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You missed the point.Using only the third eye location between the brows is not recommended in the system but already deep meditation uses the whole third eye from sacrum till the head.

It's also the energy field you work with best transmitted by the audiobooks read by Yogani.

Axel
Go to Top of Page

axelschlotzhauer

Germany
150 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2012 :  11:45:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
well, forgot the point also answering now your questions.

Seems that your forehead is full of unsteady energy not indicating an ongoing opening of the eye. This may be otherwise in Bikram Yoga using more lower chakras sometimes mounting a falling back kundalini in your case.

But further analysis may get other results for example in other places or the meridian work of your book. Astounding that this mixture go so widespread.

Axel
Go to Top of Page

Anibaru

Chile
72 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2012 :  3:18:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I`m not really interested in following anymore the Clairvision group, too much mystic things and little explanation,
an open system is what i was looking for.
As for bikram, i suffered enough in that class, in fact i thought that any spiritual and healing had to come through suffering
something.

I guess that i will simply do the routine and see what comes after, at least this one system of yoga is
targeted on balancing things
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000