AYP Home | Main Lessons | Tantra Lessons | AYP Plus | Retreats | AYP Books
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Jnana Yoga/Self-Inquiry - Advaita (Non-Duality)
 Uncontrived awareness vs Contrived awareness
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KechariConfusion

USA
44 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2012 :  2:16:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Uncontrived vs Contrived (conceptualized) awareness of the present moment

Discuss

Edited by - KechariConfusion on Apr 08 2012 2:20:38 PM

AndrewD

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  12:15:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
devastating. confusing.

when you stumble upon uncontrived awareness, it has a habit of exposing all of your aspiration, all of your spiritual desire, as just more illusion and posturing. you realize that all the "holiness" and "awareness" you've cultivated is comprised of deepening levels of pretension, new psychological conditioning that is keeping you off the true path.

but i can't decide which is more authentic - OCD mothering of myself into conceptualized awareness or just letting go, giving in to everywhere Shakti leads me, including the levels of sleep I haven't yet transcended, with the faith that blossoming awareness will finally penetrate those areas of my consciousness regardless of what I do. guessing it's closer to the latter.
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2012 :  11:22:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by KechariConfusion

Discuss

No.

[img]icon_heart.gif[/img]
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000