Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Deep meditation and breathing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Thamior

Russia
4 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2012 :  02:28:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello. I have a question that arose during my deep meditation practice (I'm a novice). When pronouncing mantra inside it's always tied to my breath. I mean I always seem to do it on my breath out or breath in or both. And I start to mind my breath and even unwillingly control it. I can't separate my thoughts about breath and my mantra. What would you suggest?

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2012 :  03:58:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Don't try doing anything.

When your meditating and you think " my breathing is locked to the mantra " then you are off the Mantra.

When you realise you are off the Mantra then gently put your awareness back on the Mantra. If your breath naturally synchronises then that's fine also, just don't be deliberate about trying to keep it that way, or worrying about stopping it happening.

Your question is a common one, it's worth reading the guides on the forum which Yogani covers theses common FAQ.

At the moment it's a bit like tight rope walking, except there is nothing to let you notice you have fallen off the rope until its pointed out. it will click into place, this is just the clunky stage, everyone goes through it.
Go to Top of Page

Thamior

Russia
4 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2012 :  05:14:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Karl :)
Go to Top of Page

Swan

India
256 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2012 :  05:41:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Thaminor

Karl has given you good advice. And there was a discussion on this which you can find in the below link:

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....Terms=breath

I also faced that, and wanted to decouple the mantra from breath. I synced it with the heartbeat first so that it is not linked to the breath. Then as breath moved its own way, I decoupled the mantra from heartbeat also - and the mantra found it's own rhythm.

But in my case it was quite effortless. If it does not work easily for you, there is no point converting the meditation session a mental wresling to link/unlink the mantra here or there. However it goes, take it easy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000