Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Me and Spinal Breathing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ichigo

Israel
66 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2012 :  10:43:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Well, I can't say that till this point I have actually followed for a long time a certain technique to progress my spiritualy journey, just have been kinda experimenting till this point to see what works best for me.

So even though I didn't give Spinal Breathing enough respect which I really should have! I can say that only from 5-10min I can just feel that things are happening within my spine.

Yesterday when I went to sleep I was laying on my bed and started to do sbg, after a few sec I am not sure but I think I could hear cracking at the tailbone and I just felt that something is about to "happen" something unknown in a way that kinda makes me feel like dying, it didnt really feel good in a way, but there were sometimes sensations of pleasure (just very little!)

I already experiences a few of those explosions that happen down the tailbone, however this time it felt different like I couldn't guess the outcome. and always when I reach to that kind of state I always tell myself probably out from the unkown if just to keep with the practice which may develop in something amazing or to call it a night for my own safetly.. (even though that always when I start a practice I tell myself I AM GOING WITH THIS TO THE END!, and well sometimes I do and a certain arousal arise through my body) but sometimes I just feel like it's to overwhelming and want to know what's going to happen another time if that makes sense lol..

Anyway yesterday and today I feel like a migraine is coming making movements seem like slowmotion, I don't know though if it has something to do with the practice of yesterday or just because I am tired.

Sometimes at work or when in the bus I start doing sbg or just plain moolabandha even if it's just for a few sec.

Anyway I will keep on going with Spinal Breathing and some other system practices just to see where it will go with me.

I really want to thank Yogani and all other members that made a very strong and useful community and helped me personaly alot!

I will most likely keep updating this topic as something to follow for my own personal journey and for other people like me that might find this helpful or give some inspiration and insight, and ofcourse I am more then happy to get comments and opinions from you :)

Ichigo

Israel
66 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2012 :  10:48:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yesterday I did spinal breathing again for another 5-10min while laying down on my bed.. for some reason I feel it benefits me more then sitting.

Anyway turning the spinal breathing I felt some nice sensation in my body, some tingling and vibrations and some electric jolts on my hands which I sometimes get, is that a sign of overload?

after that I did Moolabandha alone and I felt this energy arousing from the perineum flowing up through half of my body, it really felt good and gave me a warmish feeling!

While being in that state I wanted to try to continue spinal breathing and see where it takes me so I did a bit and I am not sure how to explain this in words but I felt along my spine an arousal sensation in way that it's going to explode and rise it felt really overwhelming so I didnt continue much further then that.

Though I think I should try to avoid doing practices before I am going to sleep because I am just feeling alot of heat in my body and having trouble falling asleep.

BTW, when doing Spinal Breathing I dont really feel relax and calm with my self unlike other system practices which knock me out psychially and mentally, especially when it comes to Breath of Fire, Sat Nam Kriya and such..?
Go to Top of Page

Ichigo

Israel
66 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2012 :  08:23:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I wasn't sure if to mention it because it might be just a cold breeze on that was felt on my left face ear and a little bit on the left side of the forehead, even though the window was closed so no wind could come in of any kind.. if it means anything or I am just making to much out of it.
Go to Top of Page

LittleTurtle

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2012 :  2:11:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
All these sensations are just energy moving. However if you're not following the AYP system, then proceed slowly with spinal breathing, it's quite powerful. Self pacing is important! I'd like to ask, what is Sat Nam Kriya?
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2012 :  9:24:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ichigo,
What you are doing is not recommend by AYP. We recommend you do spinal breathing for a max of 10 min twice a day just before meditation. Spinal breathing stirs up the energy and meditation then takes us into stillness. If you just do spinal breathing, many times day and/or not follow it up with meditation(just twice a day) you may be heading for an overlaod.

Just want you to stay aware of this.
Practice wisely.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2012 :  01:34:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Ichigo,

I would like to reiterate what Shanti has said - energy practices without meditation will most likely lead you to a lot of trouble with overload. AYP recommend adding one practice at a time, stabilize and proceed slowly. Less is more.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2012 :  04:17:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
To be honest I experienced more overload when I added meditation to pranayama rather than doing pranayama alone, but maybe overload is not the right word. Adding meditation seemed to increase the energy process but also stabilized it.I also find that resting in shavasana afterward to be essential
Go to Top of Page

Swan

India
256 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2012 :  05:50:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Victor

To be honest I experienced more overload when I added meditation to pranayama rather than doing pranayama alone,

Victor,

Are you talking about any pranayama or spinal breathing specifically!
Go to Top of Page

Ichigo

Israel
66 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2012 :  09:20:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Littleturtle, Sat Nam Kriya is a tantra technique to raise sexual energy from the lower chakras to the higher, it includes Maha Bhanda in the end.

The problem is I feel like I just cant get into deep meditation since my mind is always in mental chattery, it just never stops.

Are there any alternatives for self pacing?
Go to Top of Page

LittleTurtle

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2012 :  4:45:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the reply. Meditation, especially deep meditation, is the remedy for "mental chattery".
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2012 :  7:44:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Swan, the additions to pranayama from what I used to do include kechari mudra and the chin pump. otherwise basically the same practice. Adding meditation with mantra definitely effects the energy flow however. It is in a good way but I also need to do more shavasana afterwards if I do meditation than if I don't.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000