Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Moolabandha
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ichigo

Israel
66 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2012 :  12:54:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have read so much on how to do exactly Moolabandha but I find it hard to understand exactly how to do it..

How do I do it exactly when I am in rock position pose?

Usually I hear you have to squeeze you're pevlis (the muscle that stops urine) or something.. do they mean to squeeze it by you're hand?

Edited by - AYPforum on Mar 19 2012 2:02:35 PM

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2012 :  6:31:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ichigo,
No, you don't use your hand, you tighten the muscles in your pelvic area.
For a better understanding, look for interactions on how to do the Kegel exercise (Google it). That will help you understand how to do mulabandha.

Hope this helps.
If it does not, please don't hesitate to ask again and I will try and explain it better. OK?
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2012 :  10:42:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ichigo,

if you don't want this http://tiny.cc/cm6fbw to happen, what do you have to do with your muscles? Lets say the pressure is strong and you have to hold it back. This should give you the first hint.

The second comes when you anatomically know, where the perineum is, which is between genitals and the anus. Pulling up the perineum needs some skill and training. Start slowly with precision and little amounts. Increase over time.

Mulabandha alone can awaken your kundalini, but it will drive you crazy =) Cleaning the physical, emotional and mental body by cleaning the nadis is important. Better see yourself. The madness will stop if the stimulation for kundalini stops, so no worry.
Go to Top of Page

Ichigo

Israel
66 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2012 :  11:29:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks alot both of you!
I think I sorta understand how to do it and the feeling you feel when you do it!

Holy, with Mulabandha alone awakening kundalini, does it mean that I should avoid spilling semen?
By pulling up the perineum does it have to come by with a certain asana to make that happen or can it just be done standing with the "holding" and focus on the right muscles?

Go to Top of Page

Ichigo

Israel
66 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2012 :  10:07:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yesterday I did for a few sec Moolabandha then I felt an arousal so I went with it and then I felt this energy surge down there going up towards my organ, then I felt this milky (orgasmic, warmth feeling) through my body and I felt like some of it "tried" to get out from the organ itself.. it was kinda different then a normal arousal..

After that I did it again but I felt the energy surge just went to the organ, you really feel it going up towards it like a snake.. but this time I didn't feel it at other parts of my body.

What are the best ways to develop Moolabandha for raising the kundalini?

quote:
Pulling up the perineum needs some skill and training. Start slowly with precision and little amounts. Increase over time.

I get the part where you do the "holding" squeezing thing I think.. but I am not sure I exactly understand how to pull the perineum up..
Does it involve a certain movement with the body?
I hope you could explain it to me.. thanks

EDIT: It's amazing what you can do just by contracting those muscles!

Edited by - Ichigo on Mar 25 2012 12:20:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2012 :  2:27:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You need to be gentle with this. It is not a clench but more a willing for the muscles (energy) to lift up out of the perineum. If "willing" something seems strange or abstract, simply "will" your finger to touch your nose. You don't need to know specific muscle contractions to do it, you can simply will it. Mulabandha is similar. It is an intention for the energy or muscles to lift up from the root of the pelvis. too much contraction can indeed lead to some distracting sexual sensations and that is not the intent, just maybe temporary side effect in the learning process
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2012 :  6:38:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ichigo,

quote:
does it mean that I should avoid spilling semen?
The semen topic may fluctuate in the beginning and will stabilize over time. You may come back to this when your inner perceptions start refining. In the beginning focusing on the basics are more important.

quote:
What are the best ways to develop Moolabandha for raising the kundalini?

The best way for you may not be the best way for someone else. For this body here too much mulabandha causes terrific overload, meaning extatic chaos to the degree of physical health problems.

The most stable mulabandha application for this body is together with SBP, Yoni Mudra and similiar practices where the energy generated is brought through the spine to the head with the help of breath. Mulabandha itself is done gently as Victor suggests and somehow automatically.

The longer and stronger you pull it up, the more intense are the effects. But at the same time the more you can temporarily damage the perineum-muscle-area and get out of balance.

Many years ago, in days where I did not care and just wanted the most intense the fastest possible, the practice of mulabandha 24/7 helped to open uncountable inner doors till it was clear: ok, kundalini is not fiction and can happen easily if really wanted to.

When the physical problems started and get too intense together with psychic problems of unwanted clairvoyance of my own horrific inner thoughts and feelings, and no guide in sight, I gave it up and started cleaning the nadis.

Kundalini is an intense and immense energy in you. The best happens when all energy moves into the spinal channel and transmute into bliss and when come out make everything this. Mula bandha alone will not be enough. And yet you are welcome to explore it on your own :).

Edited by - Holy on Mar 29 2012 6:57:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ichigo

Israel
66 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2012 :  3:15:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks alot for you're experience and insight I will keep all this in account.
The thing is I always get the feeling like I don't got to be careful because I am not even sure I am doing it alright which means probably energy isn't even floating above, so it's like I am just keeping trying and trying to do it till a spark happends.. is it possible to do the Mulabandha alright and energy actually rises up but you don't feel it? if you can clear that part up for me
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2012 :  6:55:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You also don't or barely feel how the blood flows in your body, even if it is so dense compared to more subtle energy flows. But if you block one blood nerve, the blod will not flow there and if you bow your head down to the ground, the blood flows into your head.

The same way, if you pull up the perineum and also those parts of the anal region, the energy flow will be forced to flow upwards and it will flow up. You can be sure about this behaviour. You may also feel it more in the beginning and a very long time not and then again feel how it really enters strongly into the centralchannel with intense extatic feelings.

Later on if the pathway within the sushumna is also cleared to a good degree, then some mulabandha alone can bring up the energy into your heart and head region and inflame you with love and godly vision. You can also be sure about this to happen over time if the energy is pulled and pushed up again and again.

Even though this is a powerful technique, it starts getting its position when you get to know other practices and techniques aswell. Then mulabandha is not even necessary, but can help quicken things up.

The best ground for mula bandha is to have a daily habit to bring everything to stillness. Then your mula bandha becomes very effective and strong. Even perhaps too strong.

quote:
By pulling up the perineum does it have to come by with a certain asana to make that happen or can it just be done standing with the "holding" and focus on the right muscles?
Certain asanas may help to have more control and to be able to pull it up more precisely. Doing it while standing or sitting as usual while in meditation or pranayama practices is ok and works good. It can also be done while lying. It will have the most effect if the breath and attention goes up the spine while pulling up the perineum, like in SBP and similiar techniques.

Sitting in siddaasana continuously forces the energies to flow upwards, one of my beloved asanas which I can't practice because of extreme overstimulation. The asana making siddhas. Many here have not much idea about Yogani, he is really premium, lovely and thankful greetings to him ;)

Ichigo, you have enormous potential, use all the hints here and fearfreely go on.
Go to Top of Page

Ichigo

Israel
66 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2012 :  10:20:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I can't thank you enough for the detailed explanation and motivation! :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000