Enlightenment Milestones
 hey what are you saying?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2012 :  02:21:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
during the periods of stillness ...whether at work or among friends....when i notice people around me that are agitated.making effort,solving problems,boositng their career or cutting their birthday cake (like last night birthday) and i sense their misery and restlesness behind all these "shiny events" because they believe that they are a real separate entity ...i feel like grabbing them.shaking them and telling them: "hey,dont you know the good news? the good news is that you dont exist,you are a only a fictional character excatly like Batman...so chill out, take it easy and do not give yourself too much importance"

a second thing i noticed: if someone says to me: "hey maheswari are not you going to travel this summer to see your brother in canada?"
if stillness is pervading then i dont get this kind of questions anymore...weird questions.. yes i am going to travel if god wills, but am i really the one making all the efforts to this trip? am i really the one that decided that?
if stillness is not pervading, then i sense a certain agitation in me that says" oh maheswari you should be planning your trip,organizing making efforts otherwise things will not happen they way you want them to happen"...so tension and shism is created....i kick myself out from the spontaneous flow of life....but soon enough i realize that if any event is meant to happen it will happen.if it is not meant to happen it wont happen...it has nothing to do with my efforts...is has nothing to do with the one who asked the question maheswari are you gong to do this or that?

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2012 :  04:46:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
oh yes, many times. Then it all settles down. Even the reaction just peels away like being made of Teflon. Thanks for sharing, some of these things don't get mentioned and it's useful for others to know how everyday life can seem.

Canada? Secret mission again ? I can hear the music.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2012 :  04:53:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
M to James Bond: please take this mission seriously and stop fooling around with women
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2012 :  05:38:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
And terrible one liners and why are missions so full of product placement ?
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2012 :  12:44:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Because it's time for a Pepsi.
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2012 :  12:56:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by karl

And terrible one liners and why are missions so full of product placement ?

Used to be Kia ora in the old days plus a frankies hotdog.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2012 :  8:23:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by maheswari
you are a only a fictional character exactly like Batman

Oh, really? Where's my utility belt then? Where's my super-secret bat cave, and my fully-loaded car that zooms into that cave...silently, at amazing speeds, like a terrestrial stealth bomber? And let's not forget, where is the heroine of my story: the dazzling, stunning, voluptuous and brilliant female that I rescue from my evil foes?

Blast it all--I've gotten the short end of the stick in this deal! I want my Batman character!

How do I file a claim to get reimbursed for this negligence?
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2012 :  05:14:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bodhi Tree

quote:
you are a only a fictional character exactly like Batman

Oh, really? Where's my utility belt then? Where's my super-secret bat cave, and my fully-loaded car that zooms into that cave...silently, at amazing speeds, like a terrestrial stealth bomber? And let's not forget, where is the heroine of my story: the dazzling, stunning, voluptuous and brilliant female that I rescue from my evil foes?

Blast it all--I've gotten the short end of the stick in this deal! I want my Batman character!

How do I file a claim to get reimbursed for this negligence?

Unfortunately you have been thinking of the wrong Batman, you are getting the 70s tv version, which means the nearest you get to a voluptuous female is Robin.......kappow......zock.....urghhhh!
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2012 :  8:54:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
LOL (Gut-busting). Nice, Karl...just what I needed. Touché.
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2012 :  12:21:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

during the periods of stillness ...whether at work or among friends....when i notice people around me that are agitated.making effort,solving problems,boositng their career or cutting their birthday cake (like last night birthday) and i sense their misery and restlesness behind all these "shiny events" because they believe that they are a real separate entity ...i feel like grabbing them.shaking them and telling them: "hey,dont you know the good news? the good news is that you dont exist,you are a only a fictional character excatly like Batman...so chill out, take it easy and do not give yourself too much importance"

a second thing i noticed: if someone says to me: "hey maheswari are not you going to travel this summer to see your brother in canada?"
if stillness is pervading then i dont get this kind of questions anymore...weird questions.. yes i am going to travel if god wills, but am i really the one making all the efforts to this trip? am i really the one that decided that?
if stillness is not pervading, then i sense a certain agitation in me that says" oh maheswari you should be planning your trip,organizing making efforts otherwise things will not happen they way you want them to happen"...so tension and shism is created....i kick myself out from the spontaneous flow of life....but soon enough i realize that if any event is meant to happen it will happen.if it is not meant to happen it wont happen...it has nothing to do with my efforts...is has nothing to do with the one who asked the question maheswari are you gong to do this or that?

yep. but you as the ficitional character can still exert effort in the drama - if you want - and that is fine too, because it all flows. it either happens or it doesn't and either way it won't be a burden on you because you're not attached to the outcome.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000