Yamas & Niyamas - Restraints & Observances
 change in the digestive system
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2012 :  3:36:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
ok this is not easy for me to write...lately i have noticed that all my digestive system is different..i feel i want to pooh few times per day but it is only a feeling.. i mean i go the toilet once per day to pooh but during the day i feel that i need to go again to the toilet...also the pooh seems and smells different
i am not bloated..but there is digestive gas...it is not painful though
also i am more inclined to eat heavier food
i read the lesson 304 again and it seems that the nectar cycle is happening..sometimes during DM or during the day i get a taste in my mouth...most of the times it is metallic ...i am drinking more water like Shanti suggested to me in another thread...but in fact i am spontaneously drinking more water cause i feel heat in the digestive system...also nothing unpleasant so far, but if i focus my attention to my body sensations i notice the heat....
also it seems i am getting more acne!!
as for urine can not tell about difference in the taste cause i started amaroli only few months back..but most of the time it is light colored
also noticed that my period is less heavy,reading Mantak Chia i understood that this also means that the energy is being reabsorbed and recycled to so speak
but definitely the energy is radiating ...
any tips or advices would be appreciated

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2012 :  4:38:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Very very good!!!

Not much advice to give, other than drink lots of water. This phase will pass soon.

If you do feel a lot of heat in your system (which again is a very common thing) you can try these...
1) mix 2 tblspn of yoghurt in a glass of cold water, add a pinch of salt and drink it with meals,or even in-between.

2) Soak some fennel seeds and seedless raisins overnight in a glass of water. Strain it and drink the water in the morning.

Both these help the body cool down.

Not a fun stage to be in physically, but the end result makes it worth it.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2012 :  5:12:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thx shanti...yes currently i am more inclined to eat yoghurt distilled in water and some salt (it is a common lebanese beverage)
will try the second one too
can i eat the raisins too?
good to know it will pass especially the digestive "problems" but would not mind keeping the light periods
thx again
Go to Top of Page

LittleTurtle

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2012 :  5:23:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Glad you say this is good Shanti as I have been having this too.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2012 :  6:13:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by maheswari

thx shanti...yes currently i am more inclined to eat yoghurt distilled in water and some salt (it is a common lebanese beverage)
will try the second one too
can i eat the raisins too?
good to know it will pass especially the digestive "problems" but would not mind keeping the light periods
thx again

Yes, it's a common warm climate beverage. Very popular in India as well.
You can eat the raisins... , just make sure they are seedless though... the seeds are heating.

Well, here was my experience with an increased phase of soma. Not saying it will happen exactly the same for everyone, but you never know.
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....D=5395#48190
quote:
Originally posted by Shanti

Just thought I'd share my experience.

A few months back I went through a phase of increased soma production (after every meal and meditation had a feeling of being gassy, bloated), and this would be accompanied by the production of large amounts of amrita. This lasted for about two or three weeks after which I have been experiencing a constant flow of amrita. There is a sweet very slightly minty taste in my mouth all the time.. which increases with meditation, energy practices and kechari.

At first when the constant amrita experience started, it felt like being on Oxycodone. It was a feeling of being high (intoxicated), a feeling of well-being, a cut back in thoughts making me feel completely present. I felt very clear headed and completely grounded when I was engaged in activity, however when I sat down to watch TV or meditate.. I felt really high (floating) and fuzzy headed for a few mins followed by the fuzzy headedness being replaced by a very focused/meditative state, a state of being very present.

I talked to Yogani about the intoxicating effects of amrita and he said, amrita can be very intoxicating, however since it is produced by the body in a few days the body gets used to the high. And sure enough, after 2 or 3 weeks of feeling intoxicated, the "high" feeling was gone, however, the feeling of presence and amazing clarity is still very much here.

I was pleasantly surprised to read about amrita (the Biology of Kundalini) after experiencing it (I am quoting a small part, read the rest of the article.. it's very interesting).

http://biologyofkundalini.com/artic...rystalPalace
The Crystal Palace

The opiate substance secreted from the pineal gland during Samadhi has been variously called Nectar of the Gods, ambrosia, amrita, and the Living Water. Gurus like Sai Baba claim to materialize amrita and can shaktipat others into generating their own nectar. It is said that to experience amrita is to be bestowed with immortality, that is to be freed from the cycle of birth and death...hence liberated. The term Amrita is Sanskrit for "elixir of immortality," it literally means "deathlessness". This has obvious parallels to "ambrosia" the name of the classical Greek "food of the gods" which means "no death."

During shaktipat, inner-conjunction or through initiation in meditation this nectar is produced and drips down the back of the throat. Perhaps an associated phenomena to the generation of the nectar, is the intense light of a Thousand Suns that occurs sometimes during its "manufacture." This secretion gives one the experience of Timelessness, and being a divine God or Goddess. It is "sweet" in taste and in sensation--it is described as nectar, honey, gold dust, euphoric, ecstatic, intoxicating and gives the feeling of being imbued with holiness.

"My own experience of amrit is that it started to occur to me during times of very concentrated, long periods of sitting meditation, and usually happened while practicing the Khedari Mudra (tongue upward on palate). It would then occur spontaneously without the mudra and at times during the day for no apparent good reason. There is a definite sweet taste involved with a sort of swell of ecstasy experienced as well that can last for hours, perhaps days. It is always extremely pleasant and 'heightening'. The subject/object perspective can stay largely intact while experiencing 'Amrit' and one can remain highly functional (as opposed to a samadhi that transcends all body awareness). I do not recall ever being aware of amrit during a heightened experience of inner light (which tends to drown out and overwhelm any other perception)." ~ Michael Roark

Another article from the same site:
http://biologyofkundalini.com/artic...rtConnection

The light period...
Well, my period has become really light and lasts like maybe a day or two. But that may be age related as well (I am 44)... you are really young so not sure how it will affect you. But it will be something interesting to track. So if you are OK with it, let me know how it goes.

Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2012 :  6:17:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by LittleTurtle

Glad you say this is good Shanti as I have been having this too.

Well, the end result is good... although while in the phase though ... it is not fun.
Go to Top of Page

LittleTurtle

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2012 :  7:53:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Don't want to highjack the thread but I need to ask. I don't sense any taste of any kind, but rather a stale smell from time to time (without actually passing gas - that's a whole other issue!). So is this soma production or just something else? Strange body stuff happening lately.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2012 :  8:45:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have that too from time to time, a stale smell... personally I am not sure what it is, seems more like sinuses clearing up, and I chalk it off as purification. Generally using the neti pot at these times helps a lot.
Maybe someone else will have a better idea on what this may be.
Go to Top of Page

LittleTurtle

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2012 :  9:27:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I do use a net pot everyday. I seem to be very sensitive to any smells coming from anywhere lately. Thanks Shanti.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2012 :  02:55:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thx Shanti for sharing your experience...will just let it all unfold without any expectations whatsoever...
as for the period Mantak says that women engaged in spiritual practices that involve the recycling of energy will loose less energy...
the main source of energy loss in the case of women is the period (for men it is ejaculation).. The period depletes the woman body.,so spiritual women will naturally have lighter periods...sometimes the period disappears totally....this means that the energy is being preserved and cultivated leading to more radiance....
this does NOT affect fertility at all....if the woman wants babies she just cuts down her spiritual practices a bit till pregnancy occurs....
yes sure ..will keep you posted about the periods developments
sending Love
maha
Go to Top of Page

LittleTurtle

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2012 :  12:52:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for starting this thread
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2012 :  1:29:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
btw the number of period days does not shrink...it stays the same (in my case it is 5 days) but the flow is lighter
Go to Top of Page

LittleTurtle

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2012 :  3:24:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm thinking maybe try more of the shatkarmas such as the intestinal wash or something. Perhaps this week and if it helps matters I'll post. I'm past menopause so that's not an issue for me. But the gut thing is annoying.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2012 :  3:27:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
oh no although i do amaroli but intestinal wash is not my thing
Go to Top of Page

LittleTurtle

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2012 :  5:22:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry, I meant myself. I have not tried amaroli for several years. When I did just a little bit it made me extremely tired or so it seemed.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2012 :  03:25:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
latest update:
the metallic taste might disappear for few days than it reappears...
in the morning when i wake up i feel a little bit if heat inside the system...then i feel i need to drink water
during the day the mouth is a bit dry and there is the metallic taste
nothing that unpleasant so far
yesterday was doing solo tantra,moving the sexual energy up and down the spine, i noticed that the metallic taste became much much stronger...also the heat of the sexual energy was much stronger...my checks were hot lolll
again nothing too unpleasant...just reporting what is appearing...
it seems that once the nectar cycle starts it can not be stopped and it unfolds by itself!
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2012 :  08:45:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i was given some very good advice concerning the nectar cycle:
They say sometimes nectar tastes like gold, that may be the metallic taste you are tasting.
Increase in the metallic taste when you increase energy practices, is another sign that it is amrita.
And amrita is very dehydrating... so increase your water intake. Maybe drink a glass of water with a pinch of salt and one or half tspn of sugar, that may help the body absorb the water better. Don't drink too much of this, but a glass in the morning and one in the evening may do the trick. ...
Water alone is not absorbed by the body too easily, a little salt makes it a saline solution and that makes it easier for the body to absorb it. Sugar helps in the process of absorption as well. Too much of it will dehydrate you again... see this thread: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....D=5910#53338
and off course no need to worry, it will pass :)
unquote
Go to Top of Page

LittleTurtle

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2012 :  3:12:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well I thought to add to my above posts what has been happening lately. I've still been having that stale smell..frankly, smells like butt to me . I've been careful to use the neti pot twice daily and also go easy on gassy type foods in case this "soma production" is just bad choice in diet. Until yesterday evening I had only experienced a metallic taste for one day and chalked it up to needing to floss more . But things have been happening, namely sexual feelings have changed. I feel an almost constant sexual arousal yet it's a different feeling than I've experienced in my body before now. Just different. Pleasant and without a sense of urgency or need. So, yesterday evening before my evening practices I showered, washed my hair, did the neti pot, and then put on my clean jammies as usual, and off to start with asanas. Immediately I experience than dang gut smell thing. So now I'm convinced it has to do with the caldron/soma thing. Then during dynamic jalandhara I smell flowers in my mouth on each in breath. So in my usual way I dismiss it thinking that I'm smelling my freshly washed hair. (But checking later I realized that my hair/shampoo had a completely different scent). Lots of sinus dripping at the same time (which has increased lately) and a mild flowery taste to it. So I'm in the amrita stage. Weird how one can smell flowers in the mouth and butt in the gut . I have not yet done a gut wash but it's on my to do list .
So anyway thought I'd update just since I sort of jumped in on this thread. I've been reading other posts in the forum regarding amrita as well and getting more informed.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2012 :  5:46:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Very cool LittleTurtle.
It really is amazing how it all unfolds isn't it?

Go to Top of Page

LittleTurtle

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2012 :  6:17:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, amazing and odd haha! But when the body gives you feedback like this then it a confirmation that one is one the right track. Been feeling mostly blissful lately too. as an aside Shanti, I'd like to say how much I enjoy and appreciate reading all your posts on these forums!
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2012 :  6:59:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks LT.
BTW the change you feel in the arousal (and being aroused all the time) also will change with time. The one thing that you can observe is the feeling of arousal is no longer focused in the lower part of the body, it is higher, in the heart or head, that is the reason the sense of urgency and need is not there. Now you can enjoy the ecstasy without needing instant gratification. Very liberating.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - May 06 2012 :  3:18:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
tonight after sitting practices.....i felt i wanted to go to the toilet....my stomach was upset a bit...
then immediately after it felt some tingling sensations in the crown...followed by sweet taste in the mouth
Go to Top of Page

biswabm

Lebanon
1 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2012 :  07:43:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit biswabm's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
interesting post

I think you should try something new like bel leafs

cheers
Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2012 :  11:23:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
dear friends,

Very informative post.Yes I also noticed change in my mensus cycle before it used to be 3 or 4 days but now a days its just 1and half a day and the quantity has also reduced a lot as for second day one single pad is enough.

Love you all
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000