Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Kundalini and Patanjali
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

stelio75

Cyprus
4 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2012 :  04:42:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone :)
I would like to know if Patanjali mentions Kundalini in his Yoga Sutras and where.
If not where kundalini and the practises was first mentioned?
Thanks
Stelios

Edited by - stelio75 on Mar 22 2012 05:20:19 AM

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2012 :  04:03:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Patanjali does not mention kundalini. There is a Yoga-Kundalini Upanishad as well as other writings on the subject.
Go to Top of Page

cosagorda

USA
8 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2012 :  10:01:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The P Sutras are a very small book so is easy to read. However it is deep as an ocean if you want to put it like that. NO he does not talk about The serpent power in there.This Thread however open a very important topic. Do Raja Yoga awake Kundalini yes or no?
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2012 :  02:43:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Cosagorda,

Welcome to the fourm.

All forms of yoga awaken kundalini. Some forms put less emphasis on it, and other forms put more emphasis on it, some don't mention it at all, that is all. But the process of awakening is the same for everyone.
Go to Top of Page

cosagorda

USA
8 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2012 :  01:57:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you thats what I thought, now how can you bypass the Granthis, once the kundalini is awaken?
Go to Top of Page

kevincann

USA
335 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2012 :  09:57:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by cosagorda

Thank you thats what I thought, now how can you bypass the Granthis, once the kundalini is awaken?

Friend,

Unlike other systems, AYP does not focus upon specific areas so much
as the whole body-mind effect resulting from it's practices.

This approach is wise, as the ego does not have the wisdom to fine-tune apparent "flows"; only the silent witness has this wisdom.

It is better to flow with the natural order, than to have the attitude
(and I'm not saying that you do, but it is a common attitude), that
the Male and Female aspects of Awareness are purposely keeping the "goodies" from us mere humans, by locking things away.

Your word "bypass" evoked this response from me.

When the body-mind is still and balanced, this is a tremendous
"aphrodesiac" for the "Divine Couple" (Kundalini-Maya and Formlessness). Kundalni will definitely stir a bit more noticeably.

It has been said that in the generation of 300 enlightened men, that 298 of them were married. This is significant.

If you treat Her like a "granthis" then you may not have much luck;
just like you might not have much luck treating a wife like an object.

These words/concepts that most moderns treat like objects, are in fact features of the One being in His/Her aspect of form.

If we treat our body-mind and all the sensory objects "within" with love, respect and patience, in due time all the granthis fall away,
without any artifice or imbalanced striving.

I hope this response was of value.

Kev
Go to Top of Page

cosagorda

USA
8 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2012 :  6:40:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hahahaha Yes it is a great answer friend. You gave me a method in there. But let me tell you I don't think it will work for everybody. Some people need more elaboration but I got it. Eyes to see ears to hear.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2012 :  1:47:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by cosagorda

Hi Cosagora,

Kundalini itself will purify the body and untie all the knots. There is nothing you need to do in that regard except for regular spiritual practice.
Go to Top of Page

cosagorda

USA
8 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2012 :  11:52:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey thank you for your answer. By the way my opinion is that Kundalini entangle the dumb ego, Kundalini free the smart ego thats it. Got that? So no, the answer is no, Kundalini does not do it for you alone. You have to cooperate in the process. This is the real answer of the Granthis. Paradoxically as it sound. Ask your self if Kundalini do it all why are we here in the forum? why are we here in planet earth to begin?
"God helps God! this equal Karma".
Cosagorda

Edited by - cosagorda on Jul 15 2012 12:35:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2012 :  03:22:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Cosagorda,

Yes, we have to put in some effort too, that's the "regular spiritual practice" part.
Go to Top of Page

cosagorda

USA
8 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2012 :  3:22:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Remember we can do our practice in a mechanical way. This is not going to help.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000