Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Overload symptoms
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lufa1212

India
45 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2012 :  05:46:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi All,

How does one recognize overload symptoms ? Many a times life situations result in emotional spin offs which are hard to control. How does one make out if one is reacting to just the situations or one is going overboard for a lack of self pacing ?

It would be very kind of the forum members to share their thoughts on this. I had a very bad episode of overloading few years back and had to be away from AYP practices for a long time. Just want to be sure this time around

Love

Lufa1212

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2012 :  06:58:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
When you don't feel grounded. If your either floating about or, full of emotional charge that's the signs I recognise as pushing too hard. It's like eating, if you don't eat you feel light headed, vague and grumpy, if you eat too much you feel over full and bloated.

I have never suffered the extremes because I take note of the early signs. If you push beyond that I would expect it would become physical in the same way starvation or constant over eating causes health issues.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2012 :  08:48:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by lufa1212

Hi All,

How does one recognize overload symptoms ? Many a times life situations result in emotional spin offs which are hard to control. How does one make out if one is reacting to just the situations or one is going overboard for a lack of self pacing ?

One of the sure signs of overload in the emotions/reaction side is feeling irritated at small things. Things that would normally not get you upset, seem to bother you and/or the volume of your reaction is turned up a few notches - you notice your reaction and later wonder where that came from.

Normally if we are prone to having emotional reactions as a normal part of our life, it becomes a part of us and we don't notice it as a reaction, just what we normally do, so if we notice we are reacting it is one of two things... we are changing internally and seeing ourselves more clearly, or we are overloading, time to self pace a bit and ground a bit.

Remember, rest after meditation takes care of a lot of this kind of overloads... so get plenty of rest after meditation.

Thank you for coming back and giving AYP another try.

Welcome back!!!!
Wish you all the best.
Go to Top of Page

lufa1212

India
45 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2012 :  11:43:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks so much, dear Karl and Shanti . This will definitely help.

Love
lufa
Go to Top of Page

lufa1212

India
45 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2012 :  2:34:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Karl and Shanti

would just like to add that the neurobiology of every individual being different we all may react differently and may have different overloading symptoms.

Karl's mention of a floating sensation made me realize, a tad too late, that I was getting light headed and have been having a floating sensation for last few weeks during my after meditation rest period and also many a times in the day during a normal course of events. To be honest I was taking this symptom as getting ahead on my path.....what a crash

I have just come out of an emotional roller coaster ride and can safely point the cause to be not enough of self pacing. Many senior members have been practically shouting for SELF PACING but I think it must be a difficult proposition to explain to newcomers (including sombody like me who has been wth the AYP practices for almost 4 years now) when to get into the self pacing mode. Different neurobiologies...different symptoms...sometimes leading to problems galore.... any suggestions for dumbheads like me and the newcomers ?

Much love

Lufa
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000