Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Secret Kundalini practice I did.................
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Brujoguy71

USA
16 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2012 :  5:56:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Dear Everyone,
When I was 19 years old around 1991 or so i was taught by a friend of my family how to meditate. A couple years after this and reading i started finding a huge interest in kundalini practice. The friend whom i will call John told me he would teach me a kundalini practice that he learned back in the 60s from a old catholic priest who studied under Thomas Merton. He said it would lead me to a mystical experience. So fist he started me off
doing alt nostril breathing for a few weeks and trying to move the energy third eye with the energy in my lower abdomen to merge and charge my battery as he would say. After a couple more weeks he taught me the main technique: He told me after i meditate and get deeply relaxed to slowly inhale through my right nostril and feel it go down my spine and then exhale the energy through my left nostril up my spine into my third eye.While i did this he said to do my best not to think and once you start thinking again to end the meditation by opening your eyes and focus on something straight ahead and push the energy toward it like you were the sun for 2 minutes and then thats all. He said i didnt have to do this technique every day. So I did this how he taught me and my muscles would get very tight and stiff and i would feel stuffy in my third eye area. After weeks my physical and mental energy doubled and i began to feel heat in my stomach going down spine on inhale and cool air going up into third eye on exhale. I went through a lot of emotions and lucid dreams during this and sometimes even felt pain in my spine and he would have me stop for a day or two and the pain would be gone. After awhile even felt very sexual at the third eye area. My body would get so tight and shake during the breathing. One day after 8 or 9 months or so i felt all this energy and heat in my stomach and while doing the breathing my mind just shut off and i cant explain in words the peace i felt. I was full of sweat from the breathing exercise heating my body up but it was like being inside a shell or cave for a minute and i forget who or what i was. I just was.
shortly after i had this experience i dropped the practice as it was only temporary and for the next few weeks i was on an emotional roller coaster and was extremely irritable. I had to drop my college classes that were about to begin because i had a panic attack. I Just want to know if anybody has heard of this technique and or give me more details from an outside perspective of what happened? I have heard of kundalini but i never had any explosion go up my spine just energy in streams moving in a very controlled way when i did the exercise. Any input is welcome. Thanks.
Tim

Edited by - AYPforum on Jun 10 2012 5:26:12 PM

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2012 :  01:22:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Brujoguy - Welcome

That was certainly messing with kundalini. The best way to "soak it up" in the long run is to do a meditation technique such as the one here at AYP . Immediate course of action is grounding exercises such as long walks. I note that what you report is in the past. If you are still interested in working with kundalini in a safe manner for development on a spiritual path, I propose you start with AYP lessons here - i.e. if you do not already have a steady path - anyhow, there are tons of information here. So dig in.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2012 :  11:04:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

Ichigo

Israel
66 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2012 :  12:10:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
But how can you actually know when you are ready for a kundalini rise? is it something you feel?
Go to Top of Page

Brujoguy71

USA
16 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2012 :  12:39:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ichigo,
I dont think anyone ever knows for sure if they are ready for kundalini to rise and thats why Most kundalini experiences happen spontaneously. If you are motivated to awaken it yourself though its probably from past karma that guides you in that direction. When kundalini is ready you will be guided to certain circumstances in your life that will make sense. trust me.

Tim
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000